Game 59: Flyers at Red Wings; 2/17/19 @ 6

Howie58

I think Hart plays today....his first back to back game in the NHL.

Now with all the Mantha drama to boot this should be a must see game. :PopcornSmiley2:

I just hope the refs stay out of this and let the players settle the score...no outside help needed.

They got rid of the enforcers so let the players police the game like they need to.

Projected Lines (Subject to change)

FLYERS

25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
21 Scott Laughton - 19 Nolan Patrick -17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 44 Phil Varone - 27 Justin Bailey

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Radko Gudas
47 Andrew MacDonald - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

72 Carter Hart
[56 Mike McKenna]

Scratches: 61 Phil Myers (healthy), 33 Cam Talbot (acquired Feb. 16), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, lower body, AHL rehab assisgnment), 5 Sam Morin (AHL rehab for ACL surgery).

RED WINGS

14 Gustav Nyquist - 71 Dylan Larkin - 59 Tyler Bertuzzi 
26 Thomas Vanek - 61 Jacob De La Rose - 39 Anthony Mantha 
72 Andreas Athanasiou - 41 Luke Glendening - 43 Darren Helm 
27 Michael Rasmussen - 51 Frans Nielsen - 8 Justin Abdelkader

55 Niklas Kronwall - 25 Mike Green
65 Dan Dekeyser - 3 Nick Jensen
52 Jonathan Ericsson - 83 Trevor Daley

35 Jimmy Howard
[45 Jonathan Bernier]

Scratches: 17 Filip Hronek (healthy), 28 Luke Witkowski (healthy), 70 Christoffer Ehn (healthy).

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Something is going on with this site today...

@hf101

Yeah,  I just saw the 500 error - which is a server error.   My guess it was a reboot for some reason.   A significant software upgrade is being released this week so it may have something to do with that.   I have to make sure most of the apps and plugins are upgraded and released before I upgrade the site here.

Oskar with a goal. Nice.

Lucky to be 1-0.

Sanheim with a terrible turnover in the neutral zone Bertuzzi can't hit a open net with.

And Mcdud with his awesome turnover right to a Redwing right between the dots that Hart stopped.

And the Wings missed a couple open nets.

TK also had one bounce off the post and out.

I'll take it.

Looks like they had Myers with Ghost.

Like the kid physical play so far.

Great giveaway Mcdud...its' why Myers is here to take your job...back to popcorn making with you...

Hart saves the day...again. So this is what world class goaltending looks like. I can get use to this.

Not sure why they can't get an interference call on this...yes i do...refs suck and are homers...

Tampa is next. Get some rest guys.

Good to see the weekend sweep.

They have tied the Sabres with 63 points. Good job. 

A lot of work still to go.

A very huge game coming up tuesday.

Tampa will let them know where they are at.

I don't think it would be wise to give Talbot his first game in orange and black the Bolts.

So i would go back to Hart and give Talbot thursday's game vs. Montreal.

That way Hart will have 3 full days of rest before the Stadium series game vs. Penguins.

I would also keep Myers in the lineup and scratch Mcdud.

Now guess we'll see what Gordon does.

Couple of things from watching this weekend.

1. i don't think the Wings are bad, their record is; but there are some good players on that team they all skate well...they were pretty good at the dot, I like that Bertuzzi kid, Mantha is huge, and while his play vs Giroux was bush league, at least he answered for it and held his own in spite of having 40 lbs on Simmonds...And that never ceases to amaze me, tougher than a $3 steak, #17 has been one of my favorite players and people. Class act all the way I wish him well, I secretly hope he remains a Flyer but I do understand economics and all. 

2. I hope this team doesn't turn into the Rangers or Canadiens. Meaning, it appears we have a potential cornerstone player in Hart.  I hope the team around him continues to improve so this version of the Flyers doesn't resemble the Carey Price, Henrik Lunquist versions of their teams.

3. Uh Philipe Meyers appears ready for the NHL, the only time i noticed him was when he was being awesome. Gord was saying he plays with snarl, he plays with snarl ? i mean okay he did rough some little bitches up in the corners but isn't that part of the job ? Wait until they get a load of Sam.

I wonder about the ice in LCA, it seemed like pucks were really bouncing around, lots of misses from the Flyers on plays where there was no pressure. MacDonald had this happen to him leading directly to a 10 bell chance against...it happened a lot yesterday. - just wondering.

49 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Uh Philipe Meyers appears ready for the NHL, the only time i noticed him was when he was being awesome.

I agree.

Very good debut from the kid.

Was the biggest D man the Flyers had out there and skates so friggin well for his size.

So I will ask you this question.

He has to be ready for full time no 7th D man type ice vs. Bolts.

So the question is who would you sit in favor of Myers?

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree.

Very good debut from the kid.

Was the biggest D man the Flyers had out there and skates so friggin well for his size.

So I will ask you this question.

He has to be ready for full time no 7th D man type ice vs. Bolts.

So the question is who would you sit in favor of Myers?

he's right handed...so not Gudas, I didn't like seeing Hagg get overpowered in the crease by Helm...i know that happens, leverage, another pro athlete getting that leverage, still I thought Hagger looked slow yesterday.  Sanhiem didn't have a great weekend either. My knee jerk reaction would be to sit Andrew, but then you're losing a PKer. I don't know,  its a decent dilemma to have, When I think about it, maybe Sanheim is the best choice...but I wouldn't want to do that. 

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

he's right handed...so not Gudas, I didn't like seeing Hagg get overpowered in the crease by Helm...i know that happens, leverage, another pro athlete getting that leverage, still I thought Hagger looked slow yesterday.  Sanhiem didn't have a great weekend either. My knee jerk reaction would be to sit Andrew, but then you're losing a PKer. I don't know,  its a decent dilemma to have, When I think about it, maybe Sanheim is the best choice...but I wouldn't want to do that. 

Yeah Sanheim has struggled. Early in the 1st he was carrying the puck out the D zone and 3 Wings were converging on him and he sort of panicked and of making the calm tap up ice off the boards out of the zone move he literally passed it right to a Wing player that luckily got broken up by back checking forwards.

So yeah I guess sit him to calm him down because the Bolts will be much more ferocious tuesday.

But damn I hate to do that and dress Mcdud.

Archived