Game 65: Flyers at Devils; 3/1/19 @ 7 PM

Howie58

Talbot has been steady. Nothing flashy, just making saves that should be routinely made. 

Robert Hagg has been god awful. Man I can't wait for when they bench him and put Morin in. They've already got one tard benched in MacDonald. It's time to bench the other tard in Hagg.

1 minute ago, trevluk said:

2 goals on lost assignments. These are basic fundamentals. frustrating.

...and what makes it even worse is when the Flyers have their foot on the gas pedal, they take it off. Hakstol and Gordon have been the worst coaches in this franchise's history and that's saying something because there's been bad coaches.

34 minutes ago, trevluk said:

2 goals on lost assignments. These are basic fundamentals. frustrating.

I thought Talbot gave up two big rebounds on routine shots that both led to the Devils goals. He sucks balls.

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I thought Talbot gave up two big rebounds on routine shots that both led to the Devils goals. He sucks balls.

I don't blame Talbot for not swallowing those shots - pad saves are tough to swallow - but agreed the rebounds were poorly directed. Still, the rebounds would have been a non issue had the assignment not been dropped.

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

...and what makes it even worse is when the Flyers have their foot on the gas pedal, they take it off. Hakstol and Gordon have been the worst coaches in this franchise's history and that's saying something because there's been bad coaches.

Gordon gets a pass in my book as I don't think anyone sees him as anything but an interim coach. I have zero expectations for him so this  bit of an upswing in play is just gravy. Hakstol was a good guy but he was in over his head from day 1 in the NHL and never got his head above water. Good college coach, just couldn't cut it in the bigs.

10 hours ago, trevluk said:

And somebody need to knock Gabriels teeth out for that hit on Patrick. I thought he got 5 and a game for that hit? Just 5?

Veteran move by Patrick waiting until the game is decided then reminding Gabriel what an ass hat shot he did earlier in the game. Gabriel should have been tossed and suspended for his hit and Patrick should have been fined for his return shot. Refs let that game get awfully dangerous with some of their wrong/non calls.

Archived