Game 73: Canadiens at Flyers: 3/19/19 @ 7

Howie58

So far some good fortune for the Flyers...

Hart gets beat....but the post helps him out....
Then he has trouble corralling the puck, but the refs blew the whistle before the Habs could net it (they did, but AFTER the fast whistle)...

Flyers are having trouble containing Habs players in the neutral zone.... Montreal going through there a bit too easily.
Hart is good, but a little help in slowing the Habs down would be appreciated by him I am sure.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Flyers are having trouble containing Habs players in the neutral zone..

That is their plan latey...

...lull them to sleep in the first two periods, give up a lead then start play when the 3rd rolls around...

...you know have to conserve energy, going to be a long hot golf season ahead...

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

That is their plan latey...

...lull them to sleep in the first two periods, give up a lead then start play when the 3rd rolls around...

...you know have to conserve energy, going to be a long hot golf season ahead...

LOL...ok. 
Tougher way to go about business though... 

LOL...ok. 
Tougher way to go about business though... 

Hey this is a frustrating club this year....just so Jekyll and Hyde this....way more than normal if that is even possible.

Add that to the fact they have a AHL scrub 4th line and well it comes down to just a 3 line team.

Interesting that Dale Weise is scratched from the lineup against his former team.

I am guessing the Habs didn't want the Flyers using that thin two page pamphlet scouting report book they have on him? :ph34r:

Weal and Folin, however, ARE in the lineup against Philly.
I wonder if they harbor any ill will towards the Flyers for sending them north of the border?  ;)

I wonder if they harbor any ill will towards the Flyers for sending them north of the border?

Well the Flyers sent Weal to Arizona who sent him to Montreal. But yeah i imagine they might not be happy.

I was wrong about the 4th line i forgot Hartman is on it so yeah he is alone mostly on that line.

He has Varone 28 years old with 91 total NHL games (41 this year w/Flyers) and Corban Knight 28 years old with 42 total games 13 w/Flyers.

Not exactly much skill to be hold. Bottom line Flyers have to improve their bottom 6 next year to help out the top 6.

Jeebus...Flyers are playing a true 'half n half' game here...

That is to say, they are making space in the offensive zone, coming up with some nice opportunities to score....

But on the defensive side of things, they are doing a real shoddy job of checking (Habs players are just going THROUGH most of the checks), and even their defensive stick work and positioning is poor.

If Hart wasn't brilliant just a minute ago, this game is easily 1-0 Habs.

Gallagaher-Tatar combo puts the Habs up 1-0.

No surprise.
If a line on the Habs is gonna beat ya, and beat ya good, those guys are on it.

Philly just can't leave those guys, and Max Domi too, with too many chances to take shots at the goal.
They need to be buried and make someone else on the Habs try to beat Hart.

Just now, Hartsheart said:

Lindblom whiff leads to a Gallagher Goal. 

No doubt Flyers getting out played in the first period who saw that coming??

Seems they got caught in a line change....this has been a problem all year too...regardless of the head coach...that is on the players.

Wheels always seem to fall off this team right before the end of a period. SMFH.

MacDouche on the ice for a habs goal....who knew?.........................Why in god's name do they keep putting that LOSER ON THE EFFIN' ICE.........My hatred for him grows with every shift he skates.....

24 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

MacDouche on the ice for a habs goal....who knew?.........................Why in god's name do they keep putting that LOSER ON THE EFFIN' ICE.........My hatred for him grows with every shift he skates.....

Want to see a stumbin bumblin fool here ya go...behold Mcdud...

...can't post tweets anymore not sure WTF has changed but i did it the same way i always have...

Dear Flyers,

Thanks for never being prepared to play a hockey game and always being dominated the first 30 minutes of every game. Thanks for you insistence on low percentage passes over and over and over again instead of throwing the puck on net.

Never Change.....

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Dear Flyers,

Thanks for never being prepared to play a hockey game and always being dominated the first 30 minutes of every game. Thanks for you insistence on low percentage passes over and over and over again instead of throwing the puck on net.

Never Change.....

Coatsey was saying on the radio that we can put a man on the moon but we can’t figure out why the Flyers rarely have good starts to games.

I only caught the last half on TV and listened to the first on XM.  I agree with TFG that we were getting skated around.  We also turned things over too much.  

I am beginning to think the most important change we have made this year is dismissing Pryor. Seriously--the rest of the league seems to draft Young Guns who barrel around and through us.  Sadly, I don't think Sam Morin will do much to change that. 

I wanted them to lose out so they could get a good draft pick.

But f**k that i just want them to finish strong and go into the offseason with intentions of getting much better if they want to be a playoff team.

They have a lot of good pieces but they need to trim a player or two and add a player or two to get to where they need to be.

I would love for them to turn Jake into the vet D man they need and then maybe move Hagg for a 3rd line center or a winger or a piece that can help with the depth.

You just can not win when a team plays their game plan and you can't overcome it.

Teams are playing down low collapsing and give the Flyers the perimeter which as you can see they are satisfied to just take and then get low quality chances they can't do anything with.

D2EN7RXX0AAzLYq.png

So where all this great coaching to counteract what the other team is doing??

Oh yeah they are too soft to battle and take their ground just continue to skate the outside and take the long distant shots that teams can easily clog the lanes on.

Yeah tanks Gordon for your time but see your way out...hey it might not be Q but i don't think it's Gordon either.

13 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

Coatsey was saying on the radio that we can put a man on the moon but we can’t figure out why the Flyers rarely have good starts to games.

Not sure if you went to the game last night, but if i told you beforehand you went the Flyers goalie was going to post a 943% and they would actually SCORE a power play goal and not TAKE one penalty and give the Canadians a power play, block 22 shots and win 53% in the face off circle and get 33 shots on goal...you would have been sure you were going to see a decisive win right????

Nope only the Flyers of 2018-19 can find a way to lose that type a game to the team they are trying to catch.

Archived