Hartman Traded

CoachX

34 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He is a guy they can bury if a kid is ready per David Issac.

Brings a little more size than Hartman.

Not sure what else.

Exactly my thought. Pitlick isn't an anchor. And I won't remember Hartman tomorrow. He's a complete waste of a jersey. 

• Like 1

It might have had to do with money, but another logical aspect is role. I would think he sees himself as more than a 4th liner, and maybe the Flyers weren't willing to promise him a role higher in the lineup. 

His TOI dropped by over a minute on the Flyers.

Ergo, he requests a trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Exactly my thought. Pitlick isn't an anchor. And I won't remember Hartman tomorrow. He's a complete waste of a jersey. 

But there was that one shift that one time... 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Pitlick is a solid fourth liner

Well that's the rub I think the Flyers need a RW for the 3rd line.

But I guess they could still be looking for one.

Raffl Laughton Pitlick could be a solid 4th i guess.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah and from reports he was looking for a 2 year deal somewhere 2.5 mill +. So i'm thinking they (as many of us did have him on the 4th so they saved 1.5 mill on Pitlick for the 4th hole) and worst case if Pitlick bombs he gets buried.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

It might have had to do with money, but another logical aspect is role.

Yes and from the sound of David Issac they want to keep a door open for a kid to slot in...didn't say who...

Farabee?? Frost?? Someone else??

I'm not even going to try an pretend anymore to know what Chuck is up too.

• Good Post 1

Chucky Two Trades strikes again. No one knows what's his next move.

Don't trade Ghost. So far our trades haven't been in the win category. It's been, oh I see, huh, what?

Ghost is one of the best Shortstops on the Power Play. He can win it in 3 on 3's in overtime.

He catches Fly ball pucks and keeps them in play on the Power Play.

What 3RW will replace that?

Ghost can juke opponents from the first step.

He should have a bounce back year, as he tied Karlsson in goals a few years ago.

We have 3RW's coming up from our AHL group.

I could see if maybe we lost in the Stanley Cup Playoffs this year, and we want to return again and needed a 3RW, but that isn't even the case, we didn't even make the Playoffs.

We should of gone after Kapanen.

Marner offer sheet him 10+ mil two years.

3 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

As a player I didn't think he was well liked in Philadelphia!

My opinion is probably not of the gold standard for most Flyer fans.  :IDunnoSmiley:

I've griped for years that Holmgren rarely invested talent from his home state of Minnesota on the Flyers roster.  It seems now with Fletcher that trend is changing.

So after all the research and listening to the talking heads who are all clearly smarter than yours truly Pitlick is a better sound defensively forward for the 4th line role which Hartman was pegged for and not happy about fulfilling it.

So the trade for a guy on a cheap one year deal who if isn't any good can be easily buried.

And then off the payroll come the end of the upcoming season.

So a meh move so to speak.

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Maybe this is precursor to something bigger because of the cap savings, as has been pointed out. 

But the players involved are who cares for who cares.  I mean why is anyone here bent on Hartman? The problem was getting Hartman for Simmonds in the first place.  I hated that trade at the time. Hartman is nothing. He is a disappointment of a ridiculous first round draft pick. He is actually barely one dimensional. At least now we have someone who still belongs on the fourth line but can at least play on the PK. 

He's meh, but you get meh for meh. 

But stop with Simmonds. It's embarrassing and ridiculous. He's a fourth line player at best at this point. I love the guy and wish him the best, but he's not worth a roster spot at any price at this point. 

Not that I really care since this is the Flyers forum, but it seems to me like Fletcher is still "feeling Minnesota" as he adds Minnesotans Justin Braun and Tyler Pitlick to the roster.  The Wild didn't have either of them, but perhaps he coveted them from afar in his time with the team.   

17 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Not that I really care since this is the Flyers forum, but it seems to me like Fletcher is still "feeling Minnesota" as he adds Minnesotans Justin Braun and Tyler Pitlick to the roster.  The Wild didn't have either of them, but perhaps he coveted them from afar in his time with the team.   

I guess Homer was home sick...

15 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I think this is the precursor of a move...something akin to Ghost for Nylander + or, maybe it's just Potluck with Pitlick. Hopefully Option A.

I REALLY hope not.  We got Hayes.  We don’t need Nylander and I do NOT want that salary for the next ten years.  NO PLEASE