Wild vs. Canadiens 10/17/19 @ 6:00PM CST at Bell Centre

CreaseAndAssist

The only way to dump the NMC players is to have them play golf at the Country Club while enjoying full salary, and the players replacing them would have to be paid by what is left in cap space - not much, that is. I'd still like to see that, instead of what I'm seeing now.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, EmptyShelf said:

Whom would you list as 'talented players to move somewhere?'  You have to trade a valuable asset to get one.  For me, I see; Dumba, Spurgeon, and Brodin have value (in decreasing order).  Upfront, I am at a loss.  Zucker, Greenway and Kunin, have some value, while Fiala and Donato are fading fast (and are not worth what they were traded for).  Rask makes me laugh.  NO ONE wants any part of the Parise, Suter, and Zucc deals, nor do they want whats left of Staal and probably HE77 no to Klyde.  I am also quite certain that no calls come for our goaltending.  This is the debacle that CL has created.  What is the best return we can expect from this collection of stiffs and malcontents?  My eyes/ears would be wide-open if I were BG.....but will CL allow him to completely purge this team?

If you are talking to me I am referring to guys like Zucker, Dumba and Spurgeon along with any possible up and comer down in the AHL. I am not even worried about returns right now. I just want to see possible talent be able to flourish and get into positions to win. The Wild are not able to do that. Not until they can do a straight rebuild after the long term anchor contracts are long gone. But the franchise doesn't want to do a rebuild. Somehow they think they actually have the players with the talent, skill set, drive and thirst to win. Maybe we have one or two players with all the above but otherwise most are missing 2 of the 4 things I listed if not more. So I hate to see talent rot away like we have in other sports like Barry Sanders, Andrew Luck, etc.

I wish the Wild were something else then what they are. Almost anybody with a half-witted mind could see the Parise and Suter signing were to boost interest in the team again. They quickly became a crutch that should have been taken away after a few years. It never was so everything became based around it and has lead the Wild down a rough path. It didn't take long to see that any decrease in skillset with the core would pretty much doom the team. Instead of developing players to their own skill set they were busy trying to hammer square pegs into run holes to try and fit in for the core players. It's very frustrating as a fan to see this. What really sets me over the edge is watching how the players play and react. Suter might as well just skate around the arena point at the fans and laughing well flashing his money. Parise tries but he's not a super star player. He's above average player who got paid big bucks. Can't play him for signing but he can't complain that the team is in the dumps either. Koivu is another overpaid player who does try but doesn't have the skill set to carry a team. Then we watched the Wild continue to sign shell of their former selves players to fat pay days cause they fit in with the core players again. Now watching the team it seems like every game we have maybe 1-3 guys who are trying and wanting to win well the others just go through the motions. It's not like 95% of these guys haven't played together for years now. Sadly Bruce will get the chit end of the stick on this and be fired which does nothing as it's still the same players that have shown us the same results for over 6 years now.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 3:10 PM, EJ0226 said:

If you are talking to me I am referring to guys like Zucker, Dumba and Spurgeon along with any possible up and comer down in the AHL. I am not even worried about returns right now. I just want to see possible talent be able to flourish and get into positions to win. The Wild are not able to do that. Not until they can do a straight rebuild after the long term anchor contracts are long gone. But the franchise doesn't want to do a rebuild. Somehow they think they actually have the players with the talent, skill set, drive and thirst to win. Maybe we have one or two players with all the above but otherwise most are missing 2 of the 4 things I listed if not more. So I hate to see talent rot away like we have in other sports like Barry Sanders, Andrew Luck, etc.

I wish the Wild were something else then what they are. Almost anybody with a half-witted mind could see the Parise and Suter signing were to boost interest in the team again. They quickly became a crutch that should have been taken away after a few years. It never was so everything became based around it and has lead the Wild down a rough path. It didn't take long to see that any decrease in skillset with the core would pretty much doom the team. Instead of developing players to their own skill set they were busy trying to hammer square pegs into run holes to try and fit in for the core players. It's very frustrating as a fan to see this. What really sets me over the edge is watching how the players play and react. Suter might as well just skate around the arena point at the fans and laughing well flashing his money. Parise tries but he's not a super star player. He's above average player who got paid big bucks. Can't play him for signing but he can't complain that the team is in the dumps either. Koivu is another overpaid player who does try but doesn't have the skill set to carry a team. Then we watched the Wild continue to sign shell of their former selves players to fat pay days cause they fit in with the core players again. Now watching the team it seems like every game we have maybe 1-3 guys who are trying and wanting to win well the others just go through the motions. It's not like 95% of these guys haven't played together for years now. Sadly Bruce will get the chit end of the stick on this and be fired which does nothing as it's still the same players that have shown us the same results for over 6 years now.

Solid post.  Been out a few days.  Not sure that mine was directed at you (nor in an accusatory way), just for the board in general.  The issue, as you identified, is the lack of any Plan - aside from dying with the Country Club due to now dated (and idiotic) contracts.  What is really exasperating is that their assets (of which they have few) are not being developed with proper TOI and pairings, while the CC continues to get undeserved TOI.  I also agree that Suter is almost flaunting his unquestioned security (of $, TOI, and NMC/NTC) in the face of the fans and players.  It is despicable and embarrassing.  Parise is just a baby at this stage whining about the team (look in the mirror and at your buddies, 11), and Klyde is a player that the game has long since passed by and never should have received his last contract, while Dubnyk is a back-up.  As for Zucc - what a joke he is.  The trades for Fiala, Donato, and Rask are utterly laughable (when you note that Rask leads the pack with 2 pts), so Guerin (and BB) has an impossible task to work a miracle with this mess....It may be a 6+ year rebuild.

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:41 PM, EmptyShelf said:

Solid post.  Been out a few days.  Not sure that mine was directed at you (nor in an accusatory way), just for the board in general.  The issue, as you identified, is the lack of any Plan - aside from dying with the Country Club due to now dated (and idiotic) contracts.  What is really exasperating is that their assets (of which they have few) are not being developed with proper TOI and pairings, while the CC continues to get undeserved TOI.  I also agree that Suter is almost flaunting his unquestioned security (of $, TOI, and NMC/NTC) in the face of the fans and players.  It is despicable and embarrassing.  Parise is just a baby at this stage whining about the team (look in the mirror and at your buddies, 11), and Klyde is a player that the game has long since passed by and never should have received his last contract, while Dubnyk is a back-up.  As for Zucc - what a joke he is.  The trades for Fiala, Donato, and Rask are utterly laughable (when you note that Rask leads the pack with 2 pts), so Guerin (and BB) has an impossible task to work a miracle with this mess....It may be a 6+ year rebuild.

Thank you. I have thought that even with a plan on how to direct this team I don't believe it would make a difference. The roster is just bad. It really feels like there has been a toxic cloud in that locker room forever. It goes back to Yeo and Fletcher era not to long after the signing of 11 and 20. Since then there hasn't been a time where I could see and feel that this team is anything more then at best a 1st round punching bag. I wish everybody would take their homer glasses off and see Parise and Suter were nothing more then a bill of goods to get people back in the seats.