Does Bryzgalov watch film of himself?

Guest JackStraw

If Coatsey can see him pulling his arms in and leaving the top corners wide open, wouldn't you think Bryz or Reese can see it? He does it all the time, glove side and stick side. He pulls his arms in and the puck goes right where his glove/blocker/stick was.

For a big guy he sure seems to play small.

He does, although that wasn't the book on him last season. He seems to have developed a lot of bad habits all of a sudden. I imagine he has Jeff Reese pulling his hair out.

Bryz looks so unconfortable out there, it looks as if he has never played the position. Every save he looks like he is fighting the puck. This is unbelieveable to me. Brad Marsh could do a better job than this right now.

As far as Jeff Reese being a bad coach, I don't see it as he found ways to make Leighton and Boosh look semi decent and even the Bulin Wall (as he was his coach when Tampa won the Stanley Cup). I think this is all on Bryz and his mind.

@JackStraw

If I was playing that bad Jack, I wouldn't want to watch film of myself. Maybe that's what he's doing too.

@phlfly

Reese has been a improvement over Limelin(not sure on spelling). I would take Reese over him anytime. It comes down to the player execution, the coach can teach and talk to him all he wants if the player doesn't listen. I see a big improvement in Bob's game this year to last season, I'm sick of blaming the coach or it's the coaches fault. It all comes down to the players now.

Is Jeff Reese good coach?

I'm doubt about, because we had in the past very decent goalies, but none of them couldn't a job for more then 2 years. My guess is to replace a coach.

Reese just (a couple years ago) replaced Lemelin who was the goalie coach for many years. He's done a good job with Leighton and Bobrovsky seemingly, I would think it would be easy to point out to Bryzgalov what he's doing wrong.

He's done a good job with Leighton and Bobrovsky seemingly, I would think it would be easy to point out to Bryzgalov what he's doing wrong

Maybe Leighton was teachable, Bobrovksy is young (and thus inherently teachable) and Bryzgalov is 31 years old with $10 million in the bank. Bryz certainly isn't correcting any of his flaws.