Wild vs. Coyotes 12/19/19 @ 8:30PM CST at Gila River Arena

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Coyotes Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (16-14-2)  37pts  6th in the Central

3.03 Goals For Per Game (14th in the NHL)

3.26 Goals Against Per Game (28th in the NHL)

18.1% Power Play (18th in the NHL)

78% Penalty Kill (23rd in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #12 Eric Staal ~ 12G 15A = 27pts

2. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 3G 20A = 23pts

3. #11 Zach Parise ~ 14G 6A = 20pts

4. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 8G 12A = 20pts

5. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 8G 11A = 19pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 44 PIM’s

2. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 31 PIM’s

3. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 25 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #32 Alex Stalock (9-5-2)  2.81GAA  .907%SP  1SO

2. #40 Devan Dubnyk (4-8-2)  3.35GAA  .893%SP

Vs.

Arizona Coyotes (20-12-4)  44pts  1st in the Pacific

2.64 Goals For Per Game (24th in the NHL)

2.33 Goals Against Per Game (2nd in the NHL)

20.1% Power Play (13th in the NHL)

81.5% Penalty Kill (14th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #91 Taylor Hall ~ 6G 20A = 26pts

2. #9 Clayton Keller ~ 7G 17A = 24pts

3. #8 Nick Schmaltz ~ 6G 18A = 24pts

4. #18 Christian Dvorak ~ 8G 13A = 21pts

5. #34 Carl Soderberg ~ 10G 10A = 20pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #6 Jakob Chychrun ~ 28 PIM’s

2. #33 Alex Goligoski ~ 16 PIM’s

3. #67 Lawson Crouse ~ 15 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #35 Darcy Kuemper (15-7-2)  1.97GAA  .935%SP  2SO

2. #32 Antti Raanta (5-5-2)  2.72GAA  .919%SP  1SO

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview, I will be on the post-gamer.  No doubt Darcy Kuemper will be more than a little motivated to settle the score after what happened last time.  In fact, I think this game might be more than a little chippy because of it, even with Mikko Koivu not being in the lineup.  Enjoy and discuss...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Confrontational said:

Will be interesting to see how critical Taylor Hall is with his new team...

I watched his lid-lifter with them and his hustle and hard work got them the game winner vs the Sharks - that one was all on him. 

Personally pissed that Bergevin dropped the ball on him. Had the space and apparently were in the hunt...but came up empty. Again.

Edited by Antti_Laxative
  • Uggh... 1

53 minutes ago, Miles said:

is there any place to see about the updated injuries. it feels like half the team is hurt right now

Here is a weblink, sadly that is not updated on daily basis:

https://www.nhl.com/wild/team/injury-report

Zucker is injured too after a blocking a shot . BB said that it will take not days, but week/weeks to return him back.  

• Uggh... 1

13 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

its weird everyone is marked as day to day. isnt spurgeon out a couple of weeks, and pateryn is out for most of the season after the surgery. I thought there was a setback or something. i dont remember. my memory is mush anymore

6 minutes ago, Miles said:

its weird everyone is marked as day to day. isnt spurgeon out a couple of weeks, and pateryn is out for most of the season after the surgery. I thought there was a setback or something. i dont remember. my memory is mush anymore

I've used rotoworld as a source of information for a while and they update pretty quickly from various sources... But day-to-day, isn't that a default these days. This probably needs some comparative methodology which means check out some other team. 😉

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Thanks Hockey-78. According to this list, Mason Shaw is still injured. Good news that he started recently to practice.  He is a hard working player. Interesting, that they are best friends through their families with Carson Soucy who is making a nice progress in the big club.

Menell reassigned to Iowa. I liked him a lot, who is also a hard working player. In 5 games with the big club he did not have points, but played defensively pretty well.

Wild Outlast Coyotes in Crazy 8-5 Victory

Just your typical 13-goal game between the Wild and the Coyotes, right?!?!  Insane.  Neither goalie played well, but Kuemper just fell apart literally and figuratively.  Just about any shot on him was a good one as this game could've been 10-5 or worse with all of the puck he let go by him.  Ryan Hartman had a great game as did Marcus Foligno who was part wrecking ball and he had some great scoring chances too.  Jared Spurgeon looked decent in his return.  I liked how well Greenway continues to play, especially when he races back on the backcheck and uses his reach.  Soucy and Brodin were again superb!  Fun game for us, the coaches will hate it...I have a full game recap, prospect news, an Iowa Wild report and HS hockey rankings too!  Enjoy!  

• Like 1

It was a crazy rally of Phoenix coyotes after the Wild bear, because as soon as they equalize the score, we were able to put a couple goals ahead until we placed an empty netter with a final score of 8:5. I think 4 out of 5 goals were on the Dubnyk's performance , but he also made some important saves. Kuemper should be replaced after 4 goals in his net to keep his overall stats at the better level and to avoid his injury happened in the last 2 minutes before the end of the game. Our lines were effective for this game the entire 60 minutes which run with good speed as for veterans as well as for the youngsters. I would also like to mention that all our goals from different angles were pretty nice and discouraging for the opposing team, their goaltender, as well as for the Coyotes fans. I especially liked the  Donato's and Hartman's goals. After the last game, I began to think that our team is gaining more and more confidence if playing hard and smart within 60 minutes per game; all lines are capable in producing goals. Even I started to smell the contending Stanley Cup aroma , of course, if we will find the best goaltender for this such a difficult to get goal in a professional hockey.

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

According to Russo last time NHL team scored 8+ goals with no multi-goal scorers was exactly  2 years ago (on 12/19/17), when Toronto beat Carolina with a score 8:1.

When was the last time the Wild scored 8 goals?

Kuemper is such a head case.

5 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Kuemper is such a head case.

Sincerely, I do not remember Hockey-78.

Just fresh news again from Michael Russo - Darcy Kuemper suffered a lower body injury yesterday. He is listed as week to week.

1 hour ago, Hockey-78 said:

I  also tried to look/google through the internet and was not able to find a game when the Wild placed 8 goals in one game during the Wild history. Is interesting also, that all 8 goals last night put 8 different goalscorers:
Foligno;
Staal;
Zuccarello;
Donato;
Hunt;
Hartman;
Suter;
Kunin.

Edited by Alexandron

THAT was one crazy game.  Happy for Dubnyk.  He clearly needed this win for himself and for the team...

Watching this game though made me realize one thing: Christian Dvorak is an absolute future stud in this league, but he needs to stay healthy.  And he and Hall can do wonders working together.