Kane suspended loses it on process

yave1964

Okay, might be me, video wouldnt set up properly probably my lack of computer skills.

anyway, Kane threw a nasty elbow the other night into the head of Jets defender Neal Pionk drawing a two minute penalty but was suspended by George Parros for three games as a repeat elbowing offender. He was fined for a similar play last year.

The fact the NHL Department of Player Safety headed by George Parros continue to pick and choose, who and what they suspend is ridiculous! There have been countless incidents of the same nature through this season and past seasons that have gone unsuspended or fined. No one person can tell you what is or isn’t a suspension in today’s game, it’s become a complete guess. There is a major lack of consistency with NHL Department of Player Safety. A completely FLAWED system in so many ways. From the suspensions to appeal rights, it’s baffling to me how we as players agreed to this. You can’t continue to give some players a pass and throw the book at others. There has to be a outside third party making these decisions to remove the bias that transpires in this department headed by George Parros. None of it makes any sense.

The above is the quote from kane. 

Look I am a fan of Kane, he is one of the games best power forwards, last year he became the first player since Tiger Williams two generatations ago to lead the league in PIMs with 30 goals and has a chance to do the same this season, a unique, special player but he also is an idiot and deserves the suspension for this hit on Pionk.

As an aside, Pionk was the sound made as the Elbow caught the defenseman in the head.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Look I am a fan of Kane, he is one of the games best power forwards, last year he became the first player since Tiger Williams two generatations ago to lead the league in PIMs with 30 goals and has a chance to do the same this season, a unique, special player but he also is an idiot and deserves the suspension for this hit on Pionk.

The shame of the matter is that his quote was dead on accurate regarding Parros and the DPS  (oddly, also the initials for "dumb piece of ####).    But perhaps that was the wrong time and wrong messenger.

It was a perfect call.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah the league has zero consistency in this regard when does it end?

How come this wasn't suspendable???

Your guess is as good as mine. 

It seems like Kane is trying to use the inconsistency to excuse his hit.  I'm not on board with that, but I agree there is no consistency, and it creates a dangerous situation for players. 

• Like 2

Does anyone find it funny Parros is the head of player safety?  I used to watch this guy beat the crap out of players on the ice!  Anytime the ducks needed energy the crowd would start to grunt “alright put Parros out there already!”  LOL. 

Edited by Freddy the 13th
  • Like 1