• Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 7
    • Islanders sweep
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7 (New York wins series)

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

tonigh the flyers must draw strength from the immortal words of Dave Hakstol. Say what you want about him, he had a way to motivate the boys when we needed it.

"Win, or something."

Brilliant

43 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

tonigh the flyers must draw strength from the immortal words of Dave Hakstol. Say what you want about him, he had a way to motivate the boys when we needed it.

"Win, or something."

"Win harder" - Craig Berube

• Like 3

Alright...these teams about to drop the puck.

Let's see if the Isles have what it takes to meet the Bolts in the East Finals, or if Philadelphia is gonna put any and all celebrations on hold!

Flyers definitely need more than one line going. Hart is doing a good job, but it would help him tremendously if the Flyers can spend time at the other end of the rink and come up with some offense.

One thing I have noticed in the early going for Philly (and I am not sure if they have been doing this all series long)....
When a player of theirs gets the puck with a chance to skate towards the offensive zone, that puck carrier tends to worry a bit too much about his teammates "catching up"...this is allowing the Islanders to get set, and certainly allowing Varlamov to get set.

Why not just rush the puck up and leave it to your teammates to catch up on their own...no delaying the play!
The best offensive rush teams like the Lightning, Avalanche, hell, even Boston and Columbus were doing that, play that way.

That one second, two second delay is killing the Flyers offense here....they've done that a couple times already.

• Like 1

Too many blind passes, blind clear attempts, or FORCED clearing attempts by Philly in their own zone....not good.

One of those is gonna get picked off and past Hart if they aren't careful.
You just do NOT wanna be doing that against a team like the Islanders.

As I finish this post, Philly mustered up some offensive zone pressure, but once again, Varlamov and his defense are up to the task.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Not a good challenge by Alain Vigneault.

Barzal was clearly pushed into Hart by his own guy.
Also kept Barzal from leaving the blue paint.

Not good awareness on the Flyers' D, worse awareness by Vignault to challenge that and now his team is short handed again.

It looked to me that when Barzal had a chance to leave the crease, he took his time. It's not 2-0 after the PP, so I can live with AV's decision. Now they have to start winning more loose puck battles.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

It looked to me that when Barzal had a chance to leave the crease, he took his time. It's not 2-0 after the PP, so I can live with AV's decision. Now they have to start winning more loose puck battles.

I can see what you mean, but Barzal was still trying to get his balance the whole time (he could have easily FALLEN on Hart if he didn't), plus, Pitlick was there blockading any exit attempts even if he did get his bearings.

44 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I can see what you mean, but Barzal was still trying to get his balance the whole time (he could have easily FALLEN on Hart if he didn't), plus, Pitlick was there blockading any exit attempts even if he did get his bearings.

I don't care if its a goal or not, I know what Ed Van Impe or Chris Pronger would have done. Barzal would have spit a chiklet or three and not gone back there. He actually thinks hes a tough guy playing this team of softies.

1 minute ago, flyer4ever said:

I don't care if its a goal or not, I know what Ed Van Impe or Chris Pronger would have done. Barzal would have spit a chiklet or three and not gone back there. He actually thinks hes a tough guy playing this team of softies.

Well, see that's it right there.

PickLip's game was all around unaware....unaware where he pushed Barzal...unaware he was still in the crease and should have made it a priority to throw his arse out of there.
He didn't do it and left things in the hands of chance and the refs.