• Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7
    • Stars sweep
    • Stars in 5 (Dallas wins series)
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, Alexandron said:

It was extremely tough last game, especially for Khudobin who stopped 38 out of 40 shots. Superb tricky goal for Radulov in 42 seconds in OT made the Dallas win.

Lehner has to stop that goal.

But the Knights got caught with a sloppy offensive turnover that went the other way real quick.

Then Stastny with his unimpressive Jake Voracek like pretend to back check attempt (not sure who the D man that got caught up ice and not in position) has to do better to try and atleast get a stick on Radulov's shot. I know the perfect angle post and in.

Otherwise a tight game for both teams.

Khudobin has played better than Lehner in my mind.

Khudobin clearly stole that game. Except the first part of the second period, Vegas was the better team and basically controlled the entire neutral zone. Stars were more disciplined, still took effin' stupid penalties (Klingberg and Comeau to give a 5 vs 3) but they fully capitalize on Knights' mistakes.

Lehner, however, has the two Stars goal in regulation on him.

• Like 3

Stars definitely made things harder on themselves than they needed to.

Not only was the majority of the game played in front of Khu-dini (my new nickname for him, since he seems to escape lots of precarious situations), but when the Stars did get down to the Vegas end, they kept taking these gawd awful low percentage SOG that Lehner easily detects and stops.

And way too many 'one n done' situations in the offensive zone for Dallas as well.

Khu-dini certainly did his part, but even he looked like he was tiring towards the end.
His body language was as if he was telling his team, "Get me some ^%@!ing goals! Or at least go play in front of Lehner for awhile....dammit!"

But Dallas came through when they needed it and that is, as they say the bottom line.
Vegas should be beside themselves about now having all that opportunity and doing the minimum with it.

Stars goals came from expected sources (Benn) but also from UNEXPECTED sources (Oleksiak) and making good on those few chances they did get at game's end is why we are where we are.

Dallas may be up 2-1 in the series playing pretty unconventionally....but is it reasonable to expect they can sustain this??
Seems like a real hard way to make a living in the playoffs.....and at some point, unless you give him some relief in the form of goals, Khu-dini is going to falter.
Guy has played out of his mind and the Stars best not expect him to keep saving their arses game after game.
They need to give him leads, comfortable ones.

As for Vegas...what can they do except what they have been doing.
Continue rolling four lines, continue drawing penalties, continue taking shots at the net in rapid succession.
Sooner or later that has to pay off....right?

Another tough game for Khudobin (Russian transcription of his name H-u-d-o-b-ee-n). He played same way for the Wild team when he was our prospect, by stopping up to 40-50 shots per game. Unfortunately, he was traded for nothing. Why? Still is my question. Our fans liked him a lot. Why the Wild did not give him a solid tryout? He played just few games for us. It was a huge mistake for our former head coach. If I remember, it was Yeo then. 

9 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Another tough game for Khudobin (Russian transcription of his name H-u-d-o-b-ee-n). He played same way for the Wild team when he was our prospect, by stopping up to 40-50 shots per game. Unfortunately, he was traded for nothing. Why? Still is my question. Our fans liked him a lot. Why the Wild did not give him a solid tryout? He played just few games for us. It was a huge mistake for our former head coach. If I remember, it was Yeo then. 

I call him Khu-dini (because he seems to escape some crazy situations), and he played out of his mind yet again.
Kept his team in this, despite Vegas mostly outplaying and definitely outshooting Dallas.

He hold on long enough for his guys to score just enough, as the Stars are apt to do since Bowness took over, to win the game.

I think Vegas is finding out firsthand what the Avalanche found out:
No matter how many SOG you put up, no matter what the metrics say, unless you actually get past that hard Stars defense, and get one past either Bishop or Khu-dini in this case, it won't matter a hill of Vegas beans if the men in green take advantage of their opportunities, few as they may be.

Jamie Benn seems to have woken up for the Stars, Radulov has been playing pretty steady, wonder if and when Seguin joins that party.
And outstanding play, both ways, by the Dallas defense...particularly Oleksiak and Lindell who always seem to play in the shadows of guys like Heiskanen and Klingberg.

Knights in a big hole.
What do they do now?

Leading 3-1 vs. Vegas is quite unexpected. Khudobin stole again that game. Stars' motto is bend-not-break and they are really into this typical management game where they tried the best possible balance with a offensive physical game (not sustainable on a 60-mn game) and controlled defense in a shutting down game. The plan was also to play in Vegas's head, which is working so far, letting Marchessault yapping like a beaten dog and Beaves being a non-factor. But again, there's no margin of errors: once you take bad decisions, stupid penalties, etc. you're likely get screwed.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:36 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Jamie Benn seems to have woken up for the Stars, Radulov has been playing pretty steady, wonder if and when Seguin joins that party.

They are the key. Like Mike Bossy said: If your top players are not showing, it's bye-bye on holiday.

On 9/11/2020 at 3:32 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Guy has played out of his mind and the Stars best not expect him to keep saving their arses game after game.
They need to give him leads, comfortable ones.

In theory, yes. Problems are: it's not the Stars' game to dictate offense and have comfortable leads, not unless the opponent collapses for whatever reason. And Vegas is too talented to allow that. So sorry Khudobin, I don't want to put any additional pressure on your shoulders, but you'll need to steal some more games, almost everything is on you right now. But don't forget, Niemi has a Stanley Cup ring...

On 9/12/2020 at 11:22 PM, Alexandron said:

He played same way for the Wild team when he was our prospect, by stopping up to 40-50 shots per game. Unfortunately, he was traded for nothing. Why? Still is my question. Our fans liked him a lot. Why the Wild did not give him a solid tryout? He played just few games for us. It was a huge mistake for our former head coach. If I remember, it was Yeo then.

I Think it was Fletcher as GM. It was one of these horrible decisions the Wild made at that time. He was already pretty darn good and I never understood why they let him go. On the other hand the Bruins also haven't kept him. 

Thing is, you look at this Dallas roster, and they really SHOULDN'T be as offensively challenged as they sometimes are.
I really do think its more a playstyle thing........ as in, head coach Rick Bowness is so inclined to have his team play defense first, that he does so at the expense of this upper level talent.

There were times in this series when the Stars would take such low percentage shots at the net, its no wonder Knights' goaltending is having an easy time of stopping shots, leaving Khu-dini to weather any and all offensive push back storms with barely a lead, if he has one at all.

As if the Stars needed more reasons to play defensively, looks like they will be down both Radek Faksa and Roope Hintz for tonight's game.

https://www.nhl.com/news/dallas-stars-vegas-golden-knights-injury-updates/c-319011278?tid=277548856

I don't know what else Vegas can do other than to continue to put shots on net, roll their four lines, have their defense and 4th line hit everything in site..... on paper, those are all good things and should have won them more games than they have to this point.

But that fantastic goaltending by Dallas........... with maybe a little bit of Lady Luck in their corner too.

Tough nut for Las Vegas to crack right now.
But they better tonight..... or else.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Vegas with 7 goals in 7 games, really pressing right now. For them to win they need to get an ugly goal or two to prime the pump.

Stars peaking, a bit nicked up but faith in Khubodin and buyinginto the defensive system Bowness has put in place. To win they need to score first and not hang back, but keep the pressure on a Knights team that is fragile. Must avoid bad plays.

I think the Knights take this one, something like 3-1 with Marchessault and Smith doing a lot of the heavy lifting.

• Like 1

Vegas really could use a shot in the arm from either Reilly Smith or Wild Bill Karlsson.
Both have been uber invisible last couple games....and have just 7 goals these entire playoffs between them.

I know Vegas relies on a total team game, but those two are supposed to be catalysts and drivers on their team, and to this point, they really haven't.

Shea Theodore, on the other hand, has really "come out" during these playoffs.

With OT coming up....who you got for game winners?

If it's Vegas, going with Shea Theodore. He's been pretty quiet this game, but fantastic during the playoffs in general.

If it's the Stars, going with Roope Hintz. He is a sneaky talent Dallas has hidden in that bottom six and Vegas maybe looking to shut down Benn and co...and completely forget about Roope.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

With OT coming up....who you got for game winners?

If it's Vegas, going with Shea Theodore. He's been pretty quiet this game, but fantastic during the playoffs in general.

If it's the Stars, going with Roope Hintz. He is a sneaky talent Dallas has hidden in that bottom six and Vegas maybe looking to shut down Benn and co...and completely forget about Roope.

Benn, as I said, for Dallas. I'll go with Pacioretty for Vegas.

Edited by FD19372