Flyers: 2020-21 Phantoms/Prospect info/update

OccamsRazor

10 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I have read Noah is considering staying in school to try to win an NCAA championship. 

Can't really fault him for that. I didn't think he was pulling a Vesey, or Kalynuck.

Well he already has a title under his belt.

But i guess he may just weird no word at all from him.

I would like to see this kid come over to the US and start the adjustment period to the small ice.

It is time for the Flyers to start grooming their own goalie to back Carter Hart up and stop with the dinosaurs in the crease. Youth movement through out the lineup.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This guy looks solid in Giroux's office.

We haven’t had a prospect come into the AHL and put up such impressive numbers in many years. I know it’s not a lot of games , but if this is any indication, we may have the steal of the draft.

• Good Post 1

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We haven’t had a prospect come into the AHL and put up such impressive numbers in many years. I know it’s not a lot of games , but if this is any indication, we may have the steal of the draft.

As of right now the Flyers need as many guys who can put it in that square with the net around it.

They have several issues but scorers have been a need for a while.

I think he is about 2 years away.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

As of right now the Flyers need as many guys who can put it in that square with the net around it.

They have several issues but scorers have been a need for a while.

I think he is about 2 years away.

Between Foerester ,Brink and Allison we might have some solid finishers. If Giroux had a winger like Foerester, he would have had a lot more points. I never understood why they put Giroux and Voracek on the same line for all those years. If Foerester gets in a long playoff run this year and the AHL starts on time next year, he could quite possibly be up with the Flyers for the second half of next season. The team could be watchable again seeing some clutch goals by Allison and Foerester and seeing Morin hammer one people in front. It gives us hope.

Edited by RonJeremy

9 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Between Foerester ,Brink and Allison we might have some solid finishers. If Giroux had a winger like Foerester, he would have had a lot more points. I never understood why they put Giroux and Voracek on the same line for all those years. If Foerester gets in a long playoff run this year and the AHL starts on time next year, he could quite possibly be up with the Flyers for the second half of next season. The team could be watchable again seeing some clutch goals by Allison and Foerester and seeing Morin hammer one people in front. It gives us hope.

If there's a normal start up for hockey this fall Foerster will be playing for Barrie. Unless he's on the Flyers.

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If there's a normal start up for hockey this fall Foerster will be playing for Barrie. Unless he's on the Flyers.

I agree.

Well i don't remember knowing there wouldn't be a playoffs though i thought they would still go by point percentage or something.

Didn't realize there wouldn't be any Calder Cup run.

Why even keep playing then?? And risk injury in about as meaningless of a game there could be.

Just end the season already. This just sucks.

10 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

OK , either way if he can get in the max number of games it’s better for his development and hopefully he can get called up halfway through next season, especially if he continues to produce. I’m not sure if his defensive game needs work, but if you have a big goal scorer who is not defensively responsible like a Reggie Leach for example, it’s far better than a defensive liability who doesn’t score goals ,like Jake . 

10 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm certain that there's going to be a renegotiation of the NHL/CHL agreement in that there will be exceptions with regards to players who are ready to make the jump to the AHL. Going back to junior does nothing for Foerster, especially because he's shown he's more than capable of playing in the AHL. 

He's done incredibly well so far. I'm looking forward to seeing guys like Brink, Attard, and McClennon get to the AHL 

30 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

OK , either way if he can get in the max number of games it’s better for his development and hopefully he can get called up halfway through next season, especially if he continues to produce. I’m not sure if his defensive game needs work, but if you have a big goal scorer who is not defensively responsible like a Reggie Leach for example, it’s far better than a defensive liability who doesn’t score goals ,like Jake . 

If he starts in Barrie, he's here until the Colts season ends. 

25 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm certain that there's going to be a renegotiation of the NHL/CHL agreement in that there will be exceptions with regards to players who are ready to make the jump to the AHL. Going back to junior does nothing for Foerster, especially because he's shown he's more than capable of playing in the AHL. 

He's done incredibly well so far. I'm looking forward to seeing guys like Brink, Attard, and McClennon get to the AHL 

While I agree he seems to fit well in the A, he's only played 16 games there. What if he hits a wall at 30 games? Do you start yo-yoing him back to the O? That's great for development. 

And then there's some NHL management that doesn't have a clue about this sort of thing (cough...Flyers...cough) that would yank kids up that are nowhere near ready. Wouldn't it be great to be a junior club who drafts and develops kids like Foerster and say Brandt Clarke and trade assets away at the deadline to take a run at a championship just to have guys like Homer decide they should both get called up cause they're "ready"? Then you're effed because you dumped assets and your best players are gone.

That'd be great. And that's why they have that agreement.

If i am the Flyers i bring this kid over to backup Carter Hart. Let Elliott walk.

The kid has put up very good numbers in the KHL even though the KHL isn't as good as it use to be.

The kid is 24 will be 25 come November. Time to have a backup on an entry level contract.

Time to advance his development. The Isles brought Ilya Sorokin over at the same age and he was worked into the backup spot and i think the same can be done with this kid.

Hey maybe his 6-8 frame fill the net and helps bring the terrible goal differential down.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

On 4/24/2021 at 7:09 PM, RonJeremy said:

Relax.  He's only tied for 7th in AHL rookie scoring.  I still remember Nick Cousins tearing it up as an AHL rookie.

42 minutes ago, Poconono said:

Relax.  He's only tied for 7th in AHL rookie scoring.  I still remember Nick Cousins tearing it up as an AHL rookie.

thanks for throwing the wet blanket on that for us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Poconono said:

This guy is different than most of our past draft picks, you can see he has a much different skill set . He knows how to get open and he actually shoots the puck.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

This guy is different than most of our past draft picks, you can see he has a much different skill set . He knows how to get open and he actually shoots the puck.

I wouldn't worry to much the next time poconono posts something positive about a Flyer prospect it will be the first.

• Like 1

Zayde with the game winner...

What fancy stick work to set up the first goal by Zayde.

I sure hope Sandstrom can be penciled in to maybe backup Hart in a rebuild year.

We'll see time for Moose to retire....Hart will need a good backup. If not him then who??