HF.net Conn Smythe FHL - Official 2021 Season Thread

pilldoc

28 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Anyone interested.... Shopping Brent Burns for a forward, preferably a center.

Ok ... I was against you in All Star last week. Now I get you this week in Conn Smythe. Hopefully I will have better luck this week. Good Luck this week! 

And no ... not interested in Burns. 😉

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Ok ... I was against you in All Star last week. Now I get you this week in Conn Smythe. Hopefully I will have better luck this week. Good Luck this week! 

And no ... not interested in Burns. 😉

This is a HUGE week, the two of us are pulling away from the league but havent shaken the pesky @TropicalFruitGirl26 club, the top two teams get a bye, I know that their is a lot of hockey yet to play butns this week will be going a long ways towards securing a bye. Good luck Doc, but as you said to me last week in All star, not too much luck lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

This is a HUGE week, the two of us are pulling away from the league but havent shaken the pesky @TropicalFruitGirl26 club, the top two teams get a bye, I know that their is a lot of hockey yet to play butns this week will be going a long ways towards securing a bye. Good luck Doc, but as you said to me last week in All star, not too much luck lol

You simply do NOT "shake" Owls.
They are patient and persistent creatures.

They watch, they wait, and when the time is right, they swoop in. 😀

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is embarrassing.....

I am playing that Devil Randy team, who apparently doesn't bother to set lineups or swap out IR players, and I am freaking LOSING because:

A) I screwed up on the Sorokin start yesterday
B) My skaters to this point have all decided to take a simultaneous crap AND I have postponed games this week on top of that.

So  this person is winning to this point with whatever haphazard lineups were set probably since season's beginning (and what a waste of Victor Hedman, Mat Barzal, Artemi Panarin, and Mitch Marner on there! )

I know its only Tuesday, but if I lose to this GM.....ugh.....that will just suck!

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

Trade betwee the tax man and myself

HE GETS

Reimer

Hertl

Zaitzev

I GET

Lankinen

Bjorgstrand

Backlund

He has targeted Reimer from me for several weeks now, with us going back and forth with a package that would work for us both, he now gets a defenseman who gets points in a ton of categories and Hertl who gets faceoffs/points as well. I add Lankinen to my ever growing list of goalies with three guys all about ready to come off IR. Backlund replaces Hertl's faceoffs, Bjorgstrand I will likely stream until a better option comes along off waivers and I get bored.

Hmmm....well, I finally gave up on the enigma that is Holtby and decided to go with this Dan Vladar (as in sounds like Vader? **breathes heavily**) against Buffalo.

Vladar looks poised to get some starts with Rask on the shelf and he played well when he was in there before.
Vs the Sabres today...yes, THOSE Sabres...should be a slam dunk, right?

Ahh, if only life were that simple......
Buffalo, as of this posting, is already up 1-0 and it would not surprise me one bit of they broke out in a big way out of their ginormous slump today.
Because losing the week to a wooden GM this week was already in the cards.... :shifty:

"Happy" would be too strong a word, but this may have been the first time I've felt good about a 5-8 loss in a week matchup.

It's kind of like being glad to walk away from a fiery car accident with a tanker  truck.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

"Happy" would be too strong a word, but this may have been the first time I've felt good about a 5-8 loss in a week matchup.

It's kind of like being glad to walk away from a fiery car accident with a tanker  truck.

Sorry everyone.  Wrong thread!

• 3 weeks later...

doc traded robertson of the stars even up for patrick kane with a team that made zero moves all year. i bit my lip on a couple of these but for gods sake rescind this now

16 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I just got home ... I just saw it pop up on my phone....

Again it was never meant to get this far 

If it's any help, Patrick Kane has 24 points in 14 games vs Detroit and Columbus. 

And 16 points in 19 games against everyone else.

He doesn't play Detroit or Columbus even once in the playoff rounds.

Meanwhile Robinson's Dallas stars plays Detroit 4 times in week 1 alone lol.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

@pilldoc

As it should be, lol. Congrats on a great year, looking forward to the finals. This should be a very even match, good luck!

Dave

Good Morning @yave1964,

Congrats to you my friend for a fine season yourself, not only here, but in NAHANA and All-Star.  To field 3 teams in the Championship round is quite a feat and achievement and you should be congratulated, especially during this crazy season.

Agree...this should be a fun match.  Would like to extend a special shout out to both @Hale and @TropicalFruitGirl26 for outstanding seasons themselves and for making it really tough making it to the finals.  

thank you again to all 3 of you for filling in as GM's in the league.  Also special thanks to @TropicalFruitGirl26 for picking up my son's team mid-season.  He did a really good job for his first draft and you made the team stronger.  He is looking forward in participating again next year. (and hopefully not get himself in trouble again!)

Good Luck Dave! :cheers:

~doc

• Like 1

@yave1964

Well Dave it comes down to 3 nights left.  (see my edit below) You hold 6-9 advantage.  I just made my final move and I know you are out of moves.  What we got is what we got.  It has been a good match-up so far.  I made some stupid goalie moves earlier in the week.

I just pick-ed McElhinney since he is starting against the Stars tonight.  Dobberhockey also has him listed as going tomorrow night.  I find it strange that Tampa could possibly have him go B2B unless only to rest Vasi for the playoffs. 

It should be interesting.  

Friday:

Ded Flatbird - 9 skaters / 2 goalies

Foil - 5 skaters / 1 goalie

Saturday:

Ded Flatbird - 13 skaters / 2 goalies (however both goalies are same as Friday evening???)

Foil - 14 skaters / 2 goalies

EDIT:  I just screwed up.... (SMH)

I just read "The season runs from January 13, 2021 through May 8, 2021."

I totally missed that as I was planning a week like I normally do ...going through Sunday.  That is why I picked players from the Stars and Hawks for Sunday. SMH ...

Dammit ..... Oh well.  My fault there.....I should have been paying more attention. 

• Like 1

• pilldoc locked and unpinned this topic