Mark Friedman Waived

Howie58

I'm not in practice, or a scout, or a coach so I'm going to trust that Yeo and AV aren't seeing what they want to see from Mark.

I had hoped he would be able to cheaply play on a bottom pairing, but evidently he's not doing that to their satisfaction.

Too bad, for the young fella too. This is the best chance he's going to have to crack the lineup. It only gets filled with higher pedigree dudes from here. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm not in practice, or a scout, or a coach so I'm going to trust that Yeo and AV aren't seeing what they want to see from Mark.

I had hoped he would be able to cheaply play on a bottom pairing, but evidently he's not doing that to their satisfaction.

Too bad, for the young fella too. This is the best chance he's going to have to crack the lineup. It only gets filled with higher pedigree dudes from here. 

Yeah hard to believe he can't beat Hagg or Gus out.

A crying shame honestly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I honestly won't be surprised to see him turn into a decent defenceman on another team. It's not like the guy doesn't have any talent.

Yeah he could help someone out.

The only thing is if he is claimed he has to stay on the roster for 30 days and then waived again to be sent down to the AHL.

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

This is no great surprise.  However, it may mean the start of the herd being thinned.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/39657447-620c-3a86-8e0e-528d2acd9ae0/flyers-put-mark-friedman-on.html

If he is not a possible 7th D-man or a winger...a career AHLer or out?

Howie

On a positive note JVR is having a career year, I believe his wife just had a kid? He is probably inspired by the birth of his child, so he can go back to being a floater next season. If we are still a mediocre team at the deadline , JVR might be in demand by a team that needs some scoring for a Cup run. It will be a perfect chance to dump a big contract and then hopefully Seattle takes Jake. There is no chance we are winning a cup with this core of players. Let the rebuild begin, again.

9 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

On a positive note JVR is having a career year, I believe his wife just had a kid? He is probably inspired by the birth of his child, so he can go back to being a floater next season. If we are still a mediocre team at the deadline , JVR might be in demand by a team that needs some scoring for a Cup run. It will be a perfect chance to dump a big contract and then hopefully Seattle takes Jake. There is no chance we are winning a cup with this core of players. Let the rebuild begin, again.

Good for him and the Flyers I don’t see a contract like his being moved by the deadline this year for the flat cap reasons.

However I am happy to be wrong.

But come the offseason at the draft if there is one or he may be an even more attractive depth winger for Seattle.

Either way I don't see him being back in 21-22.

One of the big contracts need to be moved so that money can be spread amongst the guys needing new deals.

I think they try and keep him for a deep playoff push this year.