Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Monday 3-1-21, 9:00pm, T-Mobile Arena

MNSOTA

6 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Our special teams suck, 5 vs 5 is great at best, 3 against 3 is great. Goalies good enough. What does that tell us about the coaching?

It either tells us that our set-up, execution, or personnel mix is f-ed up.  As I watch, one thing that jumps out is our quality of shots.  We throw pucks around and do not spread them out and get them out of position.  We are too easy to defend, and then take predictable shots.  There is enough talent between the Kap, Fiala, and the Top Ds (no, not the limp wrister) to look so brutal.  It's just not drawn up right to be successful.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

It's the same old design and doesn't match our new players.

We also look like we are 'pressing and guessing.'  If we do have a plan or design, it is clearly flawed.  We don't have set plays either, to set up our best snipers.  I have seen better Pee Wee (like that JimTown, PW coach), PPs than the Wild for a half dozen years now.  It is really just dismal to watch when we get the man advantage, I would rather decline it and play 5:5

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

It's the same old design and doesn't match our new players.

Yep.. it's the proverbial square peg into round hole design. Brad Childress could draw up a better PP than ours.

We're sure fun to watch at even strength, though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McMahon 6 said:

Yep.. it's the proverbial square peg into round hole design. Brad Childress could draw up a better PP than ours.

We're sure fun to watch at even strength, though.

Old Brad 'kick ass offense' Childress?  What a jag-off that guy was.  All bluster with no substance, and he looked like an accountant coaching pro football players (just a tool and a massive overpay)

• Haha 1

Just now, McMahon 6 said:

Are you suggesting that we re-sign Koivu to a 5 year NTC? 😜

$6MM for a stooge who couldn't skate and could only cheat on face-offs.  Oh, I forgot, he would jaw at you from 75 feet so you couldn't 'turn out his lights' with your fist.  

5 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Old Brad 'kick ass offense' Childress?  What a jag-off that guy was.  All bluster with no substance, and he looked like an accountant coaching pro football players (just a tool and a massive overpay)

The way the Wild PP has been going, even Bob Schnelker would be an upgrade for drawing up Xs and Os.

I like what what Wild are doing so far in the 3rd.. throwing pucks at the net with no "defensive shell" stuff yet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McMahon 6 said:

The way the Wild PP has been going, even Bob Schnelker would be an upgrade for drawing up Xs and Os.

I like what what Wild are doing so far in the 3rd.. throwing pucks at the net with no "defensive shell" stuff yet.

You are pulling out some 'old jewels of ineptitude' tonight.  Another drooling boob with a laminated playcard