Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Wednesday 3-3-21, 9:00pm, T-Mobile Arena

MNSOTA

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1188973

Minnesota Wild (12-6-1)  25pts  3rd in Honda West

3.21 Goals For Per Game (10th in the NHL)

2.58 Goals Against Per Game (6th in the NHL)

7.9% Power Play (31st in the NHL)

82.6% Penalty Kill (9th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 6G 11A = 17pts

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 3G 12A = 15pts

3. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 8G 4A = 12pts

4. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 6G 5A = 11pts

5. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 3G 8A = 11pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 29 PIM's

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 24 PIM's

3. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 22 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #33 Cam Talbot (4-2-1)  2.55GAA  .917%SP

2. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (8-4-0)  2.41GAA  .915%SP

Vs.

Vegas Golden Knights (13-4-1)  27pts  1st in Honda West

3.11 Goals For Per Game (13th in the NHL)

2.17 Goals Against Per Game (2nd in the NHL)

20.7% Power Play (17th in the NHL)

87.5% Penalty Kill (4th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #61 Mark Stone ~ 4G 18A = 22pts

2. #67 Max Pacioretty ~ 10G 6A = 16pts

3. #89 Alex Tuch ~ 8G 6A = 14pts

4. #71 William Karlsson ~ 5G 9A = 14pts

5. #27 Shea Theodore ~ 3G 11A = 14pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #81 Jonathan Marchessault ~ 22 PIM's

2. #61 Mark Stone ~ 13 PIM's

3. #89 Alex Tuch ~ 12 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #29 Marc-Andre Fleury (10-3-0)  1.77GAA  .935%SP  3SO

2. # Robin Lehner (3-1-1)  2.96GAA  .890%SP

So I was asked to ask you all this question. With how the schedule is (lots of 2-game series and even back-to-back games) and not being able to watch the games like normal, we're not writing a post-game after every game. It's also more of a summary of the 2 games. Do you prefer that style or do you want the original post-game after every game?

Let us know.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

So I was asked to ask you all this question. With how the schedule is (lots of 2-game series and even back-to-back games) and not being able to watch the games like normal, we're not writing a post-game after every game. It's also more of a summary of the 2 games. Do you prefer that style or do you want the original post-game after every game?

Let us know.

MNSOTA. Whatever how is convenient for you first of all. You and LIG are always doing a great job for decades and I always enjoy your writing. You are both have a superb talent for doing that for our WILD fans.🙂

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Let us know.

I'm with Alexandron here, both options are great. If you feel like it and have the time/energy, perhaps a summary of two games and in-between those summaries an opinion on a topic, and not necessarily about the Wild exclusively but freely on what's happening in the NHL as well?

Today's game is going to be indicative of where we are. We now know we will lose against them, if we don't get any better. We need to start drawing penalties, score on PP, get production from the 1st and 2nd lines, defend better. That's a long to-do list. I'm not sure if Talbot was good enough in the last one, but he's likely still suffering from the lack of playing. Kähkönen probably in today, and I'm not sure if he has it in him yet, without major help in excellent defending.

• Like 1

Interesting, entire our West division(all 8 teams) are playing tonight. I am already dreaming that our team is going to reach playoffs this season, but, actually, other 7 teams have a chance to get there too if will play the right way.

6 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Let us know.

Whatever works best you guys. I’m fine with either way 

18 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Still waiting for the day they healthy scratch Suter.

Figured it would be him first instead of Parise. By the way this is only Zach’s second healthy scratch in his 16 year pro career 

7 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Figured it would be him first instead of Parise. By the way this is only Zach’s second healthy scratch in his 16 year pro career 

And his 1st in Wild career. Hartman is not going to play also. Sadly, it seems he was injured last game. Mayhew and Rau added to lines.

Here are the lines tonight from the Michael Russo link:

Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Fiala;

Kaprizov-Rask-Zuccarello;

Foligno-Bonino-Mayhew;

Sturm-Bjugstad-Rau;

Suter-Spurgeon;

Brodin-Dumba;

Cole-Soucy

3 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Sounds like Parise will be a healthy scratch tonight 

Yeah, I was listening to 830 and they teased "Big move" by the Wild...LoL. 
I suppose it's noteworthy but not headline material. :P 
This would never happen Pre-Guerin or Evason.

As much fun the last bunch of games have been (and stressful) I am concerned about the Wild not being able to hold good leads in the last 2 games.
We gave away 3 points and threw out 1 in that time. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Yeah, I was listening to 830 and they teased "Big move" by the Wild...LoL. 
I suppose it's noteworthy but not headline material. :P 
This would never happen Pre-Guerin or Evason.

As much fun the last bunch of games have been (and stressful) I am concerned about the Wild not being able to hold good leads in the last 2 games.
We gave away 3 points and threw out 1 in that time. 

Agree. Those games are stressful for me too, because we are already among best teams of our division and also, because we are already in a real race for the playoffs spot . Hope, we will be able to make some improvements (capability to hold the good leads and PP performance). Maybe Mayhew and Rau will bring more speeds and production to our lines? 

3 hours ago, wildstars95 said:

in zacks mind he thinks he's a superstar 1:34 some seconds in ot cost us the game good for the overpaid scrub 😉

Accountability.  What a concept.  It is SO LONG overdue with this team.  He hurt the team with his ego.  How bout them apples 'hardest working man in hockey?'  How bout you, SUITS; are you getting the message?!?  Can't wait until his lazy sits up in the stands too.  They both need to understand that their time as 'core' parts of this team are OVER - they can either be team players now (giving whatever little they have left), or go on LTIR.  No one thinks they are worth the headache anymore.  So, when do they snatch both of their A's?  I would do it sooner, rather than later.....