Minnesota Wild vs Arizona Coyotes, Friday 3-12-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Wow, Hattie for the Thrill !!
Well deserved.
This one has to sting the Talbot haters. ;)

Well I’d be one of those haters. I feel much more comfortable with Kahkonen. 

• Like 1

Five years will have been worth the wait.  Kap is a fully developed STAR.  First for the Wild since Gaborik, and may develop to the best player in Wild history.  No weaknesses, and the BEST thing is that he is a TEAM-First player per all of the locker room comments.  A breath of fresh air now that the Koivu, Parise, Suter era is slipping into the abyss....Now, we need more offensive players to join him in stardom - we need more than one.

• Like 3

Nice to have 2 shutouts in 3 games. We not only gave any points to the opponents , but no goals either which would be extremely important by the end of the season too.

Wild commentators said that for the 2nd time in the Wild history rookie player had a hat trick. Probably , 1st one was for Gaborik. 

That was quite something. I thought that the Wild sucked in a major way for much of the game. Three breakaways for Kessel, eight or nine shots for him, no hits at all in the first period. Up until Kaprizov's second goal I also thought he's had a quiet night! Ain't that marvelous (- if you agree with me about the difficulties) - nowadays it's a difficult night for the Wild when a rookie scores a hat trick and a struggling goalie trying to get back into stable performance gets a shutout 😁. Talbot was very solid here. I think we really should go for the 1A - 1B solution here. If they get it working, it makes us more unpredictable to play against. Which goalie is it going to be, who's the hot hand. If Kähkönen has a bad sequence, Talbot might be able to save the day. Some healthy competition too, to stop it feeling too comfortable.

And how about that 3rd goal by Kaprizov! That was a shot from a highpower rifle. He really got some enormous power in that one. A fluke or is that how he shoots it at his best? Marvelous! I may be running my mouth here, but so far I don't think the comparisons to Gaborik are fair. I didn't see the NHL when Gaborik was in the Wild, but to me Gaborik was a breakout artist, not a game changer. Kaprizov makes everyone around him a different player. That's Datsyuk or MacKinnon or Crosby, but not Gaborik. Correct me if I'm wrong here. Perhaps I should dig out some old Wild games and see what Gaborik was about. It is still early of course. The net of opposition's players is getting tighter and tighter around Kaprizov. We'll soon see if there is a slump of some sorts, when he's getting shadowed like they try to shutdown a player like McDavid, for example.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Five years will have been worth the wait.  Kap is a fully developed STAR.  First for the Wild since Gaborik, and may develop to the best player in Wild history.  No weaknesses, and the BEST thing is that he is a TEAM-First player per all of the locker room comments.  A breath of fresh air now that the Koivu, Parise, Suter era is slipping into the abyss....Now, we need more offensive players to join him in stardom - we need more than one.

According to Russo, Parise is waiving his NMC because he was benched for the last 13 minutes at the end of this game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

That was quite something. I thought that the Wild sucked in a major way for much of the game. Three breakaways for Kessel, eight or nine shots for him, no hits at all in the first period. Up until Kaprizov's second goal I also thought he's had a quiet night! Ain't that marvelous (- if you agree with me about the difficulties) - nowadays it's a difficult night for the Wild when a rookie scores a hat trick and a struggling goalie trying to get back into stable performance gets a shutout 😁. Talbot was very solid here. I think we really should go for the 1A - 1B solution here. If they get it working, it makes us more unpredictable to play against. Which goalie is it going to be, who's the hot hand. If Kähkönen has a bad sequence, Talbot might be able to save the day. Some healthy competition too, to stop it feeling too comfortable.

And how about that 3rd goal by Kaprizov! That was a shot from a highpower rifle. He really got some enormous power in that one. A fluke or is that how he shoots it at his best? Marvelous! I may be running my mouth here, but so far I don't think the comparisons to Gaborik are fair. I didn't see the NHL when Gaborik was in the Wild, but to me Gaborik was a breakout artist, not a game changer. Kaprizov makes everyone around him a different player. That's Datsyuk or MacKinnon or Crosby, but not Gaborik. Correct me if I'm wrong here. Perhaps I should dig out some old Wild games and see what Gaborik was about. It is still early of course. The net of opposition's players is getting tighter and tighter around Kaprizov. We'll soon see if there is a slump of some sorts, when he's getting shadowed like they try to shutdown a player like McDavid, for example.

Completely agreed. We need to bring more snipers to our team and also to produce more out of all lines. Kaprizov like Datsyuk is giving life to our team, but we need more of them. Most Stanley Cup winners lean more to offensive style game.

Actually first rookie hat trick in our team stays not for Gaborik, but for Justin Fontaine who had it in 2014. Second is for Kaprizov.

It seems Talbot is going to start again a game against Arizona team tomorrow at 1 p.m.