Game 31: Islanders at Flyers; 3/22/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

1 hour ago, Fizz said:

Well that's the thing, I don't see that at all. I see a lot of young players that have the talent. but they have not been is a system that they can have success in. So they end up looking lost out there. Don't get me wrong there are players on this team that need to go, but IMO the core is there. I know its not a popular train of thought but its all coaching.

The powerplay, sucks the penalty kill sucks, hell the whole system they play sucks.

you may not like av but they are not going to fire him unless there's a joel q type of coach out there sullivan, cooper , they are not going to settle for lower tier coach, you have seen it happen with other teams, it's not the something you want to go through like what buffalo did. i would get rid of av if another coach is a complete upgrade not a downgrade.

2 hours ago, Fizz said:

Core - Couturier, Farabee, Hayes, Aube-Kubel, Lindblom, Hart, Patrick, Provorov. 

Need to go - Giroux, Voracek, JVR, Gostisbehere, Gustafsson, Myers.

I remove NAK and Patrick,  and keep Myers.

Myers, Sanheim and Lindblom are questionable. Everyone is entitled to one bad season

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

I hate saying this, but God I hope not. If they squeak in they will assume they have a chance to get hot. This leads to a false sense of security that a player signing, maybe 2, will be enough to sustain future seasons.

We need an epic collapse, and need to be far enough out of a playoff spot by the deadline , that way the morons upstairs may finally realize that the core is never gonna get it done and we unload some players and prepare for the future. If we sneak in , then they will keep all the same underachievers that have failed to get the job done door the past 10 years. The writing is in the wall , it’s over for this team as we know it. We should call up some Phantom players and see how they do, especially Morin, let’s find out if he is a bust or not. Use the rest of the year to give some young guys a taste of the NHL, and prepare them a little for next year. if the team loses every game, even better, we will get a higher draft choice. 

Im on board with this. Especially Morin. And if there is another young defender who is close, him too

At least we wouldnt have to worry aboit someone taking cheap shots at Coots or Farabee

1 hour ago, musky said:

1231879712.0 (1).jpg

True, but the Flyers don’t have many guys who can really fire the puck, so even though we may have had lots of shots on goal ,maybe if we had better accuracy and could pick a corner , we might score more goals . Our plays are telegraphed and very predictable, so most good goalies can anticipate  our not so creative plays and make the save.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

True, but the Flyers don’t have many guys who can really fire the puck, so even though we may have had lots of shots on goal ,maybe if we had better accuracy and could pick a corner , we might score more goals . Our plays are telegraphed and very predictable, so most good goalies can anticipate  our not so creative plays and make the save.

You think one of the main problems with the Flyers is poor shooting accuracy?

That's just ridiculous

34 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

You think one of the main problems with the Flyers is poor shooting accuracy?

That's just ridiculous

Shooting accuracy isn’t not in their top 3 of their many problems ,but as I wrote , the plays they make are very telegraphed and you can see it coming a mile away so the goalie also sees it and anticipates and gets into position for the save. They aren’t fooling anyone.I have seen more creative setups in a street hockey game.

I also see a lot of missing the net completely from close in and shooting the puck into the goalie when you have a corner , as well as the inability to lift the puck when you have half the net and the goalie gets a pad on it. Other than that we are real snipers. Go ahead , I’m sure you will say that statistically our shooting percentage is not bad. This is my perception when I fight to stay awake watching a typical  Flyers bore fest. 

40 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Go ahead , I’m sure you will say that statistically our shooting percentage is not bad.

That's hardly my style. I have no idea. I'm just challenging these overly simplistic observations, like the one where you said guys shouldn't score top shelf from 10' out. Carry on.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

That's hardly my style. I have no idea. I'm just challenging these overly simplistic observations, like the one where you said guys shouldn't score top shelf from 10' out. Carry on.

53 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

You are leaving out the part where I said , when it’s one on one , goalie vs shooter , why is the goalie in his knees , when he can stand up and challenge.  For example, player is coming down the wing , dman is in position to cut off pass or player cutting to the net...shooters only option is to shoot, goalies best option , stand  up and challenge, cut down the angle, if you do that he is not putting the puck over your shoulder. So why are you down and making yourself small and giving away the top of the net. So how was my last statement overly simplistic, I gave a detailed explanation about why our boring basic plays are easy to stop . If I was making an overly simplistic statement, I might say something like I don’t like Podein and not give a reason why, like that he is very insensitive . You just like to argue with me. If you are challenging my observations, then come back with your observations or alternate reasons as to why you think I am wrong. You failed to make a legitimate case. Carry On.

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 1