Game 31: Islanders at Flyers; 3/22/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

To nobody's surprise, we are the underdog:

https://sportsjaw.com/nhl/picks/1714300/new-york-islanders-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-2021-03-22/

It is hard to believe we are 30th in defense, while the Islanders are 2nd.  

Looking at stats, our PK versus there's is glaring:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/nyi-vs-phi/2021/03/22/2020020755

On another front, as some have noted, when do we start Lyon?  I don't think you can justify Hart starting if he continues to climb to a 4.0 GAA.  You damage him and the team.  

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say the franchise may be at a pivot.  Another 5-10 games with marginal to bad performances will lead me to think AV coaxed one year of over-achievement with no gas left in the tank.  Our personnel may not be what we expected. 

39 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

When you're sure the team is not a playoff team.

So, in two weeks?

Boy, that is a bummer prospect but on point.  That said, there will come a time when we need to figure out a backup to Hart.  A playoff team might want the Moose as insurance. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Im golfing today. We'll see how i do first

Nice, I didn't know you golfed. I can see the appeal: often a bunch of old ladies out there. But don't you need escalators to make it work?

18 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Our personnel may not be what we expected. 

I'll leave this here...

So this is the state of the #Flyers' 😧 They benched a player (Ghost) for three games because of his defensive flaws, and tonight he will probably go on the top pairing. If this isn't a siren blasting that a trade needs to be made, I don't know what is.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Nice, I didn't know you golfed. I can see the appeal: often a bunch of old ladies out there. But don't you need escalators to make it work?

Im able to adapt to my surroundings.... a pond works ae well as an escalator, and has less liability 

Full disclaimer,  i drink and cuss like a golfer. Other than that, I look like a dog on ice out there

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Our personnel may not be what we expected. 

Occ:

Carchidi wrote a piece several days ago and made the observation that CF has to thank himself for the dog doo.  He failed to re-sign Tyler Pitlick, who was aggressive and physical and has 6 goals compared to Voracek's 5, and he signed Gus, an offensive defender, when he really needed a physical defender.  On that score, he signed off on turning Morin and the now-departed Friedman as wingers...when we need Morin as what he was drafted for.  So, it is like Hosea in the Bible--you sew the wind, your reap the whirlwind. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

"...failed to re-sign Tyler Pitlick..."

This really bothered me. I know a 10-min 3rd-line winger wouldn't make a difference now. But letting him walk was a real penny-wise-pound-foolish move by Fletcher. The guy loved to hit, to regain possession etc. all the things this team doesn't seem interested in lately.

I gave the Flyers credit for a solid 2 periods and beating the Isles the other night. The "collapse" in the 3rd wasn't so much a collapse as it was a revert-to-form, which, when your form absolutely sucks means you give up 3 unanswered and nearly blow the game. But Oskar nearly brought a tear to my eye on that GWer.

Anyway - nice to find a place to rant about the Flyers.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

40 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

i don't give an ounce of value to anything that hack Carchidi thinks he has to say. I'd rather watch the 9-0 rangers game on repeat than ever read an article by him again.

Sure no argument there.

Still doesn't make what he is saying untrue.

He is dead on. Even if it's a broken clock being right twice a day. It is.

19 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Anyway - nice to find a place to rant about the Flyers

Good to have you welcome.

We're all one good support good.

Therapy for the soul.

So we don't have to kick our mutts who have done nothing wrong to anger us.

Especially for me since I don't have a dog anymore.

That is what bourbon is for....

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Full disclaimer,  i drink and cuss like a golfer. Other than that, I look like a dog on ice out there

Me too. Which drives me crazy. I played a lot of hockey and a lot of lacrosse. I should be decent at golf. But I suck.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

3 weeks ago

I get going for the laugh, it worked.

However and it gives me 0 satisfaction to point out...

This team could conceivably run the table in the next 7 games. 

They win tonight, (crazier things have happened) then 2 at home vs Rangers and then 2 vs the Devils and 2 vs Sabres. 

Even a split with Rangers, or not and the Devils still racks up the points.

If they take care of business and the top four are playing each other... the patient may not be responsive but will still be living.

#IHATEJAKE 🤬

If the Flyers can keep it under 24 turnovers tonight maybe they have a chance of losing a close game instead of being blown out.

Edited by Samifan
  • Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I get going for the laugh, it worked.

However and it gives me 0 satisfaction to point out...

This team could conceivably run the table in the next 7 games. 

They win tonight, (crazier things have happened) then 2 at home vs Rangers and then 2 vs the Devils and 2 vs Sabres. 

Even a split with Rangers, or not and the Devils still racks up the points.

If they take care of business and the top four are playing each other... the patient may not be responsive but will still be living.

DFB2DE13-C98A-4653-B9FE-0613CCBCF58F.jpeg

• Haha 2