Retraction and Sorry

Howie58

9 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Folks, I am glad Rad freezed my thread. It was a very serious sounding post--I apologize for the post.

No, AV and CF are not fired....

Shoot--I think froze is appropriate grammar. 

36 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Folks, I am glad Rad freezed my thread. It was a very serious sounding post--I apologize for the post.

No, AV and CF are not fired....

I actually liked it.......

• Like 2

Discuss:

NHL Trade Talk: Scott Laughton added to TSN’s Trade Bait List

Scott Laughton was added at No. 16 by Frank Seravalli, which isn’t an insignificant slot for the forward.

“The Flyers also have a decision to make with Laughton. The pending UFA is due for a raise, on pace for his second straight 45-point season over 82 games and he plays his role to perfection as a feisty, 200-foot player. If the Flyers fall further out of the playoff mix, GM Chuck Fletcher may have to consider moving him.”

Laughton has 17 points (seven goals, 10 assists) in 32 games this season. He had 27 points (13 goals, 14 assists) in just 49 games last year.

The forward has a cap hit of $2.3 million and his contract expires after this season.

If the Flyers aren’t going to contend, they might as well give some NHL time to some prospects. Tanner Laczynski and Wade Allison are two of the main names to watch, among others.

We’re now into April with the NHL trade deadline on April 12th. The Flyers have six games left to prove that they are buyers –– or for players to increase their value if Fletcher sells.

Edited by OccamsRazor

15 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Was it an April Fools thread?  I see a couple merged thread titles but neither are linked to a thread.

Yes, Broad Street Hockey posted a Blog about the entire coaching staff and Fletcher being fired.  Sadly it was an April's Fool's joke.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Discuss:

NHL Trade Talk: Scott Laughton added to TSN’s Trade Bait List

Scott Laughton was added at No. 16 by Frank Seravalli, which isn’t an insignificant slot for the forward.

“The Flyers also have a decision to make with Laughton. The pending UFA is due for a raise, on pace for his second straight 45-point season over 82 games and he plays his role to perfection as a feisty, 200-foot player. If the Flyers fall further out of the playoff mix, GM Chuck Fletcher may have to consider moving him.”

Laughton has 17 points (seven goals, 10 assists) in 32 games this season. He had 27 points (13 goals, 14 assists) in just 49 games last year.

The forward has a cap hit of $2.3 million and his contract expires after this season.

If the Flyers aren’t going to contend, they might as well give some NHL time to some prospects. Tanner Laczynski and Wade Allison are two of the main names to watch, among others.

We’re now into April with the NHL trade deadline on April 12th. The Flyers have six games left to prove that they are buyers –– or for players to increase their value if Fletcher sells.

Yeah, trade one of the only players on this team actually playing decent. Makes sense right?

26 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Makes sense right?

Depends on if you plan on resigning him really. Is he part of the future plans??

Raffl needs a new deal too...so if you ain't making the dance might as well collect assets for stuff not coming back.

Laughton

Raffl

Gus

Elliott

Are the best options.

And it would be even nicer to one of the big contracts. But not holding my breathe on that more like an offseason/at the draft type of move if even possible.

Not sure what you will get for them??

Maybe whatever you find in behind the couch cushions...picks or prospects...nothing much really.

I mean let's be honest no one is running to add players from a disappointing roster.

9 minutes ago, Poconono said:

Can you re-sign them and then expose them in the expansion draft?

Yes.

But why would they sign those contracts??

If it is myself no way i would sign now and end up in Seattle when i can test the free agency waters and sign where i want.

I mean it would take an over pay i would think to make them sign without a NMC or NTC knowing you could end up on a new team.

It is best to just ink them to a new deal after the expansion draft is over. 

Hoenstly i'd rather have them both back and just get rid of Jake.