Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Saturday 4-3-21, 8:00pm, T-Mobile Arena

5 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

He sure did. Didn’t think he’d make the nhl to tell you the truth 

Coach gave him last 2 min and the faceoff. That late scramble tuck the puck under your goalies pads is a Riverside Park play all the way🥅

• Like 1

Interesting fact, Colorado team won tonight a game against St. Louis with the same score 2:1. And we are now 2 points behind Vegas and 6 points behind Colorado. The goal is to beat the Avalanche team on our home ice in regulation. It should be a revenge games to the last 2 embarrassing games against them. Hope, we will not break our 11 games winning streak on our home ice, especially now in front of the 3000 fans allowed to watch the games  at our arena starting on April 5th. I think, that attraction to see a real Kaprizov's play during these live games will be very high there. In a next remaining 20 games of this short season I hope Kaprizov will be able to place at least 5 goals more to beat the Gaborik's rookie record. 

• Good Post 1

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

And we are now 2 points behind Vegas and 6 points behind Colorado. The goal is to beat the Avalanche team on our home ice in regulation. It should be a revenge games to the last 2 embarrassing games against them. Hope, we will not break our 11 games winning streak on our home ice, especially now in front of the 3000 fans allowed to watch the games  at our arena starting on April 5th. 

Hugely important couple of games coming up. After the Avs mauled us black and blue, we've been playing much worse than before. It's only against VGK that we went back on track. Win against Avs, or at least be somewhat competitive, to keep the swagger. If we are going to go forward in the playoffs some time in the near future, the Avs will always be there. It's like that Hawks team, when Kane, Toews and Keith were at their best. We can't be outcompeted by them all the time.

It's not impossible to win them in the playoffs. With a little bit of luck they have had a tough series of 5-6 six games before we meet them. MacKinnon and Makar might be a little bit banged up by then, and the goalie could be bit off. We have to keep the faith of being able to surprise them, even in a playoffs series, by competing with them during the regular season.

Wild Sweep the Golden Knights with 2-1 Victory

This was a pretty nice statement by a team that had gotten kind of sloppy the 5 games prior to this series.  The team was forced to raise its game, and its effort level and they beat a very good Vegas team.  Yes, Vegas is struggling a bit, but Minnesota persevered and even when it found itself down a goal against a club that almost always wins when it scores first it found a way to do the highly improbable.  Cam Talbot IMO cemented his case that he's the team's #1 netminder and while some people wonder why we're not giving starts to Kahkonen, Talbot's playing about as well as anyone could ask him to.  The power play has been important; its found the back of the net the last two games and without those goals the Wild would end up being the club being swept this weekend.  

Kaprizov is enjoying his new linemates, Jordan Greenway and Joel Eriksson Ek.  Hopefully Mats Zuccarello's upper body injury that kept him out of Saturday's game isn't too serious.  Jonas Brodin is really playing like a beast out there.  I thought Rask and Bonino raised their game being on a line with Fiala.  The Golden Knights were frustrated so they took extra steps to try to get into Fiala's head.  I have a full game recap, a Kevin Fiala feature, an Iowa Wild report, prospect news and a summary of the State Hockey Tournament and a link to the brand new Hockey Hair video.  Check it out!  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

The things one misses... this time Fiala's change to a more versatile player. Thanks C&A, a nice feature on Fiala, some food for thought!

It is funny because in my feature I give my credit for Fiala persevering through the frustration and I think it was evident that on Saturday he was pretty damned annoyed.  So obviously, its still a work in progress.