Game 40: Bruins at Flyers; 4/10/21 @ 2, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We are mild underdogs entering the game:

https://pickdawgz.com/nhl-picks/2021-04-10/boston-bruins-at-philadelphia-flyers-4-10-21-nhl-picks-and-prediction

The Bruins have won five of their last eight; we've lost eight of our last eleven.  That statistic speaks volumes:

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/2021/04/10/philadelphia-flyers-vs-boston-bruins-nhl-picks-odds-predictions

LGF

So Phil Myers is a healthy scratch again it seems. I think he gets traded this offseason.

Projected lineups

FLYERS

25 James van Riemsdyk- 14 Sean Couturier - 23 Oskar Lindblom
21 Scott Laughton - 13 Kevin Hayes - 86 Joel Farabee
93 Jakub Voracek - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
12 Michael Raffl - 19 Nolan Patrick - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 8 Robert Hägg
55 Sam Morin - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

37 Brian Elliott
[79 Carter Hart]

PP1: Giroux, Patrick, Farabee, Voracek, Provorov.
PP2: Hayes, Couturier, JVR, Konecny, Gostisbehere.

Scratches: 5 Phil Myers (healthy), 56 Erik Gustafsson (healthy).

Injured reserve: 48 Morgan Frost (shoulder surgery).

COVID-19 protocol: None.

BRUINS

63 Brad Marchand - 37 Patrice Bergeron -12 Craig Smith
21 Nick Ritchie - 46 David Krejci - 88 David Pastrnak
74 Jake DeBrusk - 13 Charlie Coyle - 83 Karson Kuhlman
81 Anton Blidh - 52 Sean Kuraly - 14 Chris Wagner

48 Matt Grzelcyk - 86 Kevan Miller
67 Jakub Zboril - 44 Stephen Kampfer
55 Jeremy Lauzon - 75 Connor Clifton

1 Jeremy Swayman
[80 Dan Vladar]

PP1: Marchand, Ritchie, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Grzelcyk
PP2: DeBrusk, Coyle, Krejci, Smith, Kampfer

Scratches: 73 Charlie McAvoy (upper body), 10 Anders Bjork (healthy), 84 Jarred Tinordi (healthy).

Injured reserve: 25 Brandon Carlo (upper body), 40 Tuukka Rask (upper body), 27 John Moore (hip surgery), 28 Ondrej Kase (concussion).

COVID-19 protocol: 41 Jaroslav Halak.

Phil Myers will be thrown into a package for something of value this season i feel it coming.

So are they facing the Bruins 3rd or 4th string goalie today? I forgot which is which between Darth Vader and Patrick Swayze.

Flyers come out Flat and are down 3 by the first intermission. Flyers won’t compete for 60 mins because Jake says they don’t have to. 

Bruins 6 Flyers 1, despite doubling Bruins in  shots. 

LATHER, RINSE, REPEAT

#IHATEJAKE 🤬™️

• Like 1

Flyer fans don't need anymore crap dumped on them, but man, Ivan Provorov getting hit in the knee area blocking that shot.... limped off the ice.
Hoping it just stung real bad and nothing serious.
He has his whole career in front of him and one of the bright spots for this team.

Robert Hagg doing some pushing and shoving not allowing Bruins forwards to get too comfortable in front of Brian Elliot.

That has to be nice to see for Philly fans.
Flyer defense overall, has been, "soft" to put it mildly, without Hagg in the lineup.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

8 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Late turning the game on, I see the Flyers came out jumping in the first 10 minutes with a whopping shots on goal. 

I just got home so if i didn't see it.....it didn't happen...my story and i'm sticking to it.

1-1

Guess it could be worse. I guess Ivan is ok he is out there.

Swayman in start # 3

He will learn to control rebounds...koneckny was Johnny on the spot...

Philly's PP sucks, but Ghost buries on...btw, my bruins biased thought that call sucked as well.

Bruins controlling the game, but losing.

Period #2 should be better.

Flyers had a big pk kill early, but Jake Debrusk buries one, finally. 4th of the year (he just showcasing that he HAS skills, so seattle can claim him when the bruins don't protect him).

McAvoy, Gryz, Carlo, Miller often injured makes me wonder if the bruins will try and pry Oleksiak away from dallas...personally, i'm all in for Taylor Hall.

But, boston still in semi control of this can and can seriously bury the flyers if they can come away with two points.

6 minutes ago, Samifan said:

@OccamsRazorAny guess how many minutes the Flyers have competed so far today? I have them at about 12 minutes thru two periods. Just trying to figure out Voracek’s speech before the 3rd. “ Alight boys, 6 good minutes let’s go!”

More like "There's some great springtime fishing spots in British Columbia, you might not be aware of".

• Like 1

I really think the Flyers media team should just start playing Sweet Georgia Brown over the PA system when opponents just pin the Flyers in their defensive zone for minutes at a time.

well Bruins PP now, there goes the lead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

More like "There's some great springtime fishing spots in British Columbia, you might not be aware of".

Nah, the second the season is over, Jake is on the first flight out of Philly back to the Czech Republic.