Cap Questions

CoachX

A boring morning. No significant news in Flyer land. Since RJ suggested I have no real hockey experience and therefore not smart enough to offer hockey opinions,  I will pose a question

In the flat cap era, and if the Flyers cannot (hypothetical) move any of the players who have expering contracts,  would they consider just letting them walk to free up space?

As I read it, and again, im a hockey idiot, Laughton, Raffl, Gus, and Patrick are all UFA/RFA at seasons end. If they are all let go, that should create roughly 7.7 mil. 

Im sure its not conventional, and likely not going to happen, but they could start moving up the so called prospects they have to fill holes, let AV coach them up, then follow up the next year by not resigning Giroux.

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

would they consider just letting them walk to free up space?

They could. But that would be bad asset management from the Flyers stand point.

They will be able to move these guys for something of value...it won't be a lot but they can be moved.

Patrick will have a qualifying offer since he is a RFA. But he too could be part of a package for something of value in return in the offseason.

If they are all let go, that should create roughly 7.7 mil.

That sounds about right...Laughton is coming off a contract that paid him 2.3 mill and well i would be ok bringing him back maybe but for no more than like a deal for about 2.5 mill per season.

Just can't spend more than that on a bottom 6 forward. Same goes for Raffl who i like but he can't get much more than what he is making. He was making about 1.6 mill.

So you could add Twarynski (23 years old) and Bunnaman (22 years old) to the bottom 6 for what it would cost to employ just Raffl alone.

Now yes there would be a huge experience drop off but those guys have experience and well if they can carve out a spot down in the bottom 6 next season then well they are no good to us now anyways and time to find help elsewhere.

Plus this free up some space maybe next year for a cup of coffee for Laczynski and Allison.

23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
86 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 17 Wade Allison
28 Claude Giroux - 48 Morgan Frost - 19 Nolan Patrick
24 Tanner Laczynski - 82 Connor Bunnaman - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 3 Seth Jones
6 Travis Sanheim - 44 Cam York
55 Sam Morin - 54 Yegor Zamula

79 Carter Hart

45 Johnathan Bernier 

I could see a lineup like this.....sure a few tweaks...here and there...what ya think???

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

They will be able to move these guys for something of value...it won't be a lot but they can be moved.

Patrick will have a qualifying offer since he is a RFA. But he too could be part of a package for something of value in return in the offseason.

That sounds about right...Laughton is coming off a contract that paid him 2.3 mill and well i would be ok bringing him back maybe but for no more than like a deal for about 2.5 mill per season.

Just can't spend more than that on a bottom 6 forward. Same goes for Raffl who i like but he can't get much more than what he is making. He was making about 1.6 mill.

So you could add Twarynski (23 years old) and Bunnaman (22 years old) to the bottom 6 for what it would cost to employ just Raffl alone.

Now yes there would be a huge experience drop off but those guys have experience and well if they can carve out a spot down in the bottom 6 next season then well they are no good to us now anyways and time to find help elsewhere.

Plus this free up some space maybe next year for a cup of coffee for Laczynski and Allison.

86 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 86 Joel Farabee
28 Claude Giroux - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wade Allison
24 Tanner Laczynski - 48 Morgan Frost - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

79 Carter Hart

45 Johnathan Bernier 

I could see a lineup like this.....sure a few tweaks...here and there...what ya think???

Farabee on both wings? LOL

• Like 1

A boring morning. No significant news in Flyer land. Since RJ suggested I have no real hockey experience and therefore not smart enough to offer hockey opinions,  I will pose a question

In the flat cap era, and if the Flyers cannot (hypothetical) move any of the players who have expering contracts,  would they consider just letting them walk to free up space?

As I read it, and again, im a hockey idiot, Laughton, Raffl, Gus, and Patrick are all UFA/RFA at seasons end. If they are all let go, that should create roughly 7.7 mil. 

Im sure its not conventional, and likely not going to happen, but they could start moving up the so called prospects they have to fill holes, let AV coach them up, then follow up the next year by not resigning Giroux.

Coach, I was  bustin balls ,dont take it so literally.

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

86 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 86 Joel Farabee
28 Claude Giroux - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wade Allison
24 Tanner Laczynski - 48 Morgan Frost - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

79 Carter Hart

45 Johnathan Bernier 

Zamula needs to get stronger ,he only weighs like 170lbs, he makes Sanheim look like Charles Atlas. They gotta get him on a program this summer so he can seriously compete for a spot next year. I would love to see Foerester on one of the wings, he has been deadly on the  PP with the off wing one timer...

Edited by RonJeremy

Considering the state  of things, if the Flyers wanted to send a message, letting guys walk would accomplish that trick. Im pretty sure trading these pieces for any return is better than nothing. But if you want to hit reset, and go into tank mode, it something to consider.

And if they cant get any good offers, maybe its an option

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

79 Carter Hart

45 Johnathan Bernier 

I like it.... minus Patrick

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Considering the state  of things, if the Flyers wanted to send a message, letting guys walk would accomplish that trick. Im pretty sure trading these pieces for any return is better than nothing. But if you want to hit reset, and go into tank mode, it something to consider.

And if they cant get any good offers, maybe its an option

Zzzzzz

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

79 Carter Hart

45 Johnathan Bernier 

The defense is much improved with Jones, of course. A physical, shutdown guy that can play with Provorov, and allow Ivan more ability to make plays. The offense, once again though, has the same inconsistencies ...and now you're relying on raw players to contribute again. I don't like the lines at forward. Putting Allison on the second line right away, might be asking a lot.

None of those guys you mentioned make enough money that replacing them with league minimum prospects really helps much.

There is no quick fix for the Flyers - it will be a multi-year process that will require them to be bad for a number of years.  Each year they delay means another year of mediocrity and that the process will take even longer.  Tear it all down and come back in 2025-2026.

11 hours ago, CoachX said:

Most insightful post youve ever made

You said it was a boring day, I agree, but I didn’t childishly ignore someone because they disagree with my post. You called me an ahole , and it rolled right off my back and all I did was have the audacity to question your illogical replies. I hit you with stats and facts, you hit me with your feelings.  I prefer to debate someone rather than cancel them...people who do that know they have no argument, that’s why they do it. Facts don’t care about your feelings. Laughton is such a bum that a bunch of teams are calling to acquire him.  

Edited by RonJeremy

9 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

You said it was a boring day, I agree, but I didn’t childishly ignore someone because they disagree with my post. You called me an ahole , and it rolled right off my back and all I did was have the audacity to question your illogical replies. I hit you with stats and facts, you hit me with your feelings.  I prefer to debate someone rather than cancel them...people who do that know they have no argument, that’s why they do it. Facts don’t care about your feelings. Laughton is such a bum that a bunch of teams are calling to acquire him.  

:BlahBlahBlahSign: