I can't take watching Couturier anymore he's so so slow did you

Mario99

@hf101  Not only was he one of the better players on the ice, once again, he was forechecking in the offensive zone with a real sense of urgency. He was flat out desperate to acquire the puck in scrums....a great sign. He's been doing this for the past 4-5 games. Think this kid is turning the corner, I see a lot of encouraging signs.

If the right deal came along, I'd trade this kid in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure what you are hoping to prove here? That he's the best 2-goal player on the team? I'm glad he's showing signs of life too, but he's got 9 points. Put away the lube and hand towel, it's not time to celebrate yet.

@hf101  Not only was he one of the better players on the ice, once again, he was forechecking in the offensive zone with a real sense of urgency. He was flat out desperate to acquire the puck in scrums....a great sign. He's been doing this for the past 4-5 games. Think this kid is turning the corner, I see a lot of encouraging signs.

I think he's been the Flyers best forward for the last two weeks or so. You can see the confidence growing. He was a dominant player yesterday.

Couturier has new responsibilities. I wonder if it's as simple as the role he's being asked to fill. He's playing a more offensive and aggressive role now, and starting to hit in the neutral zone. This should be good for his development, and the Flyers going forward.

Yes, there are underwhelming players (Giroux), but there's nothing wrong with being encouraged with the continuous development of the young guys.

Agree Jack.. The kid is playing great hockey and for all the Cooter haters out there - his skating is a non issue.

The skating, serious topic. Is it just me or is Couturier actually faster this season??? His first stride is still MIA, but he's got some top end. I'd say good enough overall for the NHL, maybe average right now?

I'm not sure what you are hoping to prove here? That he's the best 2-goal player on the team? I'm glad he's showing signs of life too, but he's got 9 points. Put away the lube and hand towel, it's not time to celebrate yet.

I am happily proving you wrong every day....not that it is tough to do.

P.S> Don't knock my celebration techniques either.... :ph34r:

The skating, serious topic. Is it just me or is Couturier actually faster this season??? His first stride is still MIA, but he's got some top end. I'd say good enough overall for the NHL, maybe average right now?

His skating was never as bad as many made it out to be. The knock on him was always his first few steps getting up to speed. So he's not a burner. There are lots of guys who have had very good careers in the NHL without being great skaters. Heck, Gretzky was never a great skater and he did ok for himself.

I am happily proving you wrong every day....not that it is tough to do.

P.S> Don't knock my celebration techniques either.... :ph34r:

You aren't doing anything.

I'm trying to think of a way to say this that doesn't get me into trouble since they will outright edit your posts if you say anything mean on this site, but you're not a particularly bright guy. You brag about his points production (as if you won something) over a short span of games, but want to take away my fan card for pointing out his struggles during the rest? LOL, get out of here with that crap. People like you are incapable of acknowledging anything that doesn't suit your point. He's playing great now, but for quite a while was struggling to produce. Why that's so hard to admit, I don't know.

What exactly is it you think you've won here? Fan of the month?

Edited by ruxpin
Please don't say "anything mean." Thanks.

People like you are incapable of acknowledging anything that doesn't suit your point.

LMAO!!!!!

Another great point directly to your own posts!! Did you really type that? Take note of your own advice before passing it onto others.... ;)  As far as admitting he was struggling to produce, I acknowledged that and pointed to his line mates as a reason which you still won't acknowledge was a problem. I point to his scoring since the change, roughly 10 games and you still poo poo it because it does not fit your little rant. I can take any abuse you attempt to throw at me, especially when you are trying so hard to be a good little boy.... :ph34r:

LMAO!!!!!

Another great point directly to your own posts!! Did you really type that? Take note of your own advice before passing it onto others.... ;)  As far as admitting he was struggling to produce, I acknowledged that and pointed to his line mates as a reason which you still won't acknowledge was a problem. I point to his scoring since the change, roughly 10 games and you still poo poo it because it does not fit your little rant. I can take any abuse you attempt to throw at me, especially when you are trying so hard to be a good little boy.... :ph34r:

Why do you keep congratulating yourself you? First you pat yourself on the back over Couturier, now you're some kind of martyr for taking my "abuse"? Lol, you're a weird guy.

IMHO, Bobby Orr is the best hockey player ever.  But, I've heard people belittle his ability at skating backward. 

I never heard anything like that. Never heard anything even remotely criticizing Orr's skating in fact. Maybe he spent so much time skating forward he just didn't get enough practice going backward?

Never heard anything even remotely criticizing Orr's skating in fact. Maybe he spent so much time skating forward he just didn't get enough practice going backward?

Phil Esposito is one of the guys who's made cracks about Orr's supposed deficiency.   Your comment about him always skating forward is dead on.  That's what I think. 

Honestly, for the life of me, I can't watch a game and fathom what on earth people are complaining abou Courturier for.

He's one of the most effective and most valuable players on the team right now.

He plays more minutes than some defenseman and now he plays in all situations.

Complaining about a 20 year who is doing what he does night in and night out and who is now starting to score more on top of it all is just crazy town as far as I can see.

I was at that game and other than the play mentioned, Scheifele looked awful. Actually, the talk about Coots is very similar to how Jets fans talk about Scheifele - the impatient ones anyway. I think both are going to turn into good players given time. Scheifele's best showing was in his first pro training camp and exhibition season while Coots showed us his stuff against the Pens in the playoffs. They may have both created unreasonable expectations for their fans about how quick their progression is going to take. While both have already shown they are capable of being the best player on the ice, that was a while ago for both of them.

As mentioned over and over again, both these guys are going to require patience.

Edited by King Knut