Dale Weise takes shots at Flyers leadership

FD19372

Former Flyer Dale Weise takes shots at the leadership on this Flyers team, while giving tons of praise to Shea Weber....stating that "Weber holds guys accountable" and "you aren't going to walk into the locker room stating 'I need my cookies...I need my points'. Weise goes on to state "You know I talked about Philly's culture and Philly's locker room and that was something I saw very apparent there, there was zero accountability, it wasn't coming from the coaching staff, it wasn't coming from the leadership group it was basically a free for all."  (I copied and pasted the last part, and couldn't modify it). It sounds like the Flyers locker room, might be a bit of a carnival atmosphere...."Club Med" as I had previously mentioned... with no one getting anyone's face for poor performance. No one seems to be saying, improve your game, or find another place to play..or anything close to that. A lot of guys seem to be happy with their check. Or, is this just "sour grapes" from Dale Weise? I think it is what we all suspected...a lack of accountability THROUGHOUT this organization from Paul Holmgren to the GM, and from the coach trickling down to the players in the locker room, who are supposed to be leaders, like Claude Giroux.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

1 minute ago, radoran said:

To be fair, Weise wasn't in AV's locker room...

True. 100%. My take is that it could be coaching....partially, although AV has clout because of his resume. He isn't Dave Hakstol. Weise's take was more on the locker room culture, beginning with Giroux.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

He hasn't, but AV had to have him. That's his guy, clearly.

So he was a key part of a franchise going from the Cup Final, to the Conference Final, to losing in the first round, losing in the second round, and missing the playoffs?

Pinch me.

I don't absolve AV of any culpability, but he's not first on my list of problems. Nor top three. May not be top five.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

So he was a key part of a franchise going from the Cup Final, to the Conference Final, to losing in the first round, losing in the second round, and missing the playoffs?

Pinch me.

I don't absolve AV of any culpability, but he's not first on my list of problems. Nor top three. May not be top five.

He is not first on my list of problems, either. However, he did bring another underachiever onto a team, already filled with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Pinch me.

I have a long list of grievances, AV is nowhere near it

FESTIVUS!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Scott Laughton: glad to be here

oh no johnny rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

I don't have a problem with Laughton, per se. However, he does have 2.3 million reasons why he should be happy, per year, over the next two years.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

However, he does have 2.3 million reasons why he should be happy, per year, over the next two years.

I don't have a particular problem with Laughton - I've even come around on him a lot the past two seasons, but the reaction was to him being "happy" and CoachX's "entitled, coddled, players who are happy with thier paycheck" remark...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Maybe this meme will make you happier?

So True (30 pics)

Please wait until Voracek is on another team, to push him down the stairs. He already doesn't have the trade value that someone at his salary should have.:ph34r::beer:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Please wait until Voracek is on another team, to push him down the stairs. He already doesn't have the trade value that someone at his salary should have.:ph34r::beer:

:cheers:

#IHATEJAKE 🤬™️

Edited by Samifan
  • Good Post 2

First off F**k Dale Weise, he did squat when he was here. There was locker room accountability when Lavy was here then maybe a bit less under Berube. When Hakstol was here it went to crap and the only member of the roster he spent time with or communicated with was his son VandeVelde!

I would like to believe AV has tried to restore it but can only do so much with this team as currently made up. I would love to hear Raffl’s opinion since he has been in the room the past two seasons under AV. 

As a hockey dad and former youth coach, you don’t need a letter on your sweater to be a team leader or having a letter doesn’t mean you’re a good one.

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 2

As far as I'm concenred. Laughton just robbed the organization and committed fraud to get that contract. Of course they are idiots, so I guess they get what they deserve. Laughton makes me forget how much NAK pisses me off

3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

First off F**k Dale Weise, he did squat when he was here. There was locker room accountability when Lavy was here then maybe a bit less under Berube. When Hakstol was here it went to crap and the only member of the roster he spent time with or communicated with was his son VandeVelde!

I would like to believe AV has tried to restore it but can only do so much with this team as currently made up. I would love to hear Raffl’s opinion since he has been in the room the past two seasons under AV. 

As a hockey dad and former youth coach, you don’t need a letter on your sweater to be a team leader or having a letter doesn’t mean you’re a good one.

I never liked Weise, and he is no longer a Flyer, so he can eat $hit. But that doesn't mean he's a liar

Weise makes me forget how much Laughton pisses me off

Edited by CoachX
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Samifan said:

AV has tried to make the wealthier players on this team accountable. He benched Ghost and Voracek at certain points. He, and they, know that can't last long..so there's no enduring consequence...unfortunately.

• Like 1