Patrick hires new agent...might want oit

CoachX

2 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

The lack of intensity and competitiveness by our 2021 team is really glaring by comparison to the likes of say, the Colorado Avalanche and even the Florida Panthers who are down 0-2 in their series. "How the hell do you fix that?" is a topic for another thread.

Yes.

And brittle psyche.  Just the spectre of a  bump makes them fold up.    I'm not sure which they're more scared of as a group:  failure...or success?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

of course it is....

prior to joining this forum I was much nicer

I am going to need three professional references and signed affidavits from at least 5 friends before I'm going to think about believing that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I am going to need three professional references and signed affidavits from at least 5 friends before I'm going to think about believing that.

that was hurtful :cry:

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yes.

And brittle psyche.  Just the spectre of a  bump makes them fold up.    I'm not sure which they're more scared of as a group:  failure...or success?

I say let's just package Patrick with __________ and go hard after Barkov. 

Throw TK in with him and a 2021 first. A good starting point.

I think the key piece here that is being a bit overlooked, Patrick saying he wants out. I know the comments are coming that he isn't quoted, but it certainly looks obvious (to me), if not plausible

If true, and he isn't moved, what kind of effort will he put forth?

Edited by CoachX

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I say let's just package Patrick with __________ and go hard after Barkov. 

Throw TK in with him and a 2021 first. A good starting point.

You must have read Sam Charchidi's tweet, huh?   He compared Patrick positively with Barkov and Point.   That takes a significant substance problem (NTTAWWT).

• Like 1

So I just thought I'd check out Nico Hischiers stats to see what we missed out on as the 1st overall pick...his first season he had a respectable but hardly amazing 52 points. His second season he dropped down to 47 points, albeit in 13 fewer games. His third he dropped again to 36 points and 58 games and this past season dropped yet again to 11 points in 21 games. Health matters.

• Like 1

Just now, flyercanuck said:

So I just thought I'd check out Nico Hischiers stats to see what we missed out on as the 1st overall pick...his first season he had a respectable but hardly amazing 52 points. His second season he dropped down to 47 points, albeit in 13 fewer games. His third he dropped again to 36 points and 58 games and this past season dropped yet again to 11 points in 21 games. Health matters.

yeah, I don't lose any sleep over Patrick vs. Hischier.   There wasn't much we could do about that anyway and even 2nd was a gift.

Where I lose a little sleep is Heiskanen, Makar, and Pettersson.   Even Glass, Necas, and Suzuki now that I'm thinking about it.

But I'm sure each of them is grateful the Flyers didn't choose to destroy them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, radoran said:

Well, it was also the whole #3 overall in 2006 being Toews and the #1 overall in 2007 being Kane.

And despite having a league worst record in 06-07, the Flyers get screwed out of Kane because that was the Draft where the League decided to start implementing a weighted Draft Lottery and Chicago moves up to #1.

If the Flyers draft Kane, it potentially changes this teams course of history …..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

If the Flyers draft Kane, it causes catastrophic injury issues, character dissolution, appetite disorder, and destruction of will in Kane and his extended family.   It also causes additional harm to UPenn co-eds.   Meanwhile, we're all kvetching about the 3 cups we could have won with someone like that great guy, JVR, on our team!  If only we had that draft over!

Fixed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, radoran said:

This group has been talking about needing consistency for years and it just never seems to come together for them.

For me it’s as the ole saying goes…. It’s time to show up/put up or shut up time….

Enough of the talk….

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

For me it’s as the ole saying goes…. It’s time to show up/put up or shut up time….

Enough of the talk….

Yeah, we've all only been waiting 10 years and 4-5 coaches for the "show up" part...

34 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

You must have read Sam Charchidi's tweet, huh?   He compared Patrick positively with Barkov and Point.   That takes a significant substance problem (NTTAWWT).

F*** carchidi. Guy is smoking sherm.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm right there with you. But i will say if they can remove JVR say by the expansion draft.

And possibly pick up 2 mill of Jake's salary per year remaining in a trade for _____________ i would call that a success.

Then going into 2021-22 you may have the option of moving Giroux before the deadline for ___________ or resigning him to a 2 year deal (3 tops) team friendly deal another step forward.

I would take that as positive progress along the lines of the rebuild and then after next year Hayes NMC shift to a NTC to 12 teams he is allowed to exclude...well maybe they are getting there by then if you can find a taker after 2022-23 if you slog it out one more year only 3 years (7.1 m per)left to trade maybe.

But in the meantime when this is taking place you would have to contemplate resigning Coots as possibly replace Giroux as Captain (my choice) or moving him too for a nice haul.

So by 2022-23 this team could look way different. Ok what say you ( as i put down my bottle of High Cotton bourbon) is this feasible or am i drunk??

So, two years away then? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

If the Flyers draft Kane, it potentially changes this teams course of history …..

Honestly not sure if that Flyer squad was the best fit for Kane off the ice...

Patrick had quite the reputation coming out of Buffalo and "wet island" would not have helped.

He lived with him mom in Chicago and had Toews laying down the law.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

I think the key piece here that is being a bit overlooked, Patrick saying he wants out. I know the comments are coming that he isn't quoted, but it certainly looks obvious (to me), if not plausible

If true, and he isn't moved, what kind of effort will he put forth?

If he doesn't produce his value is dirt.

A better question is WHY he would want "out".

28 minutes ago, radoran said:

Honestly not sure if that Flyer squad was the best fit for Kane off the ice...

Patrick had quite the reputation coming out of Buffalo and "wet island" would not have helped.

He lived with him mom in Chicago and had Toews laying down the law.

Good points and totally agree…but still it would be interesting to speculate about 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Wut?? He compared them to Point and Barkov???

For real??? Uh yeah...ok puff puff pass.

How because they are all hockey players??

59 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wut?? He compared them to Point and Barkov???

For real??? Uh yeah...ok puff puff pass.

How because they are all hockey players??

I'm actually wrong. It was Barzal and Point.  Still...

• Uggh... 1

14 hours ago, radoran said:

If he doesn't produce his value is dirt.

A better question is WHY he would want "out".

He wants more money and the Flyers won't give him any

the environment is toxic and he doesn't want to be part of it

he wants a fresh start someplace where he will have a more significant role

the team sucks and isn't going anywhere

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoachX said:

He wants more money and the Flyers won't give him any

He hasn't earned anything and has zero leverage.

10 minutes ago, CoachX said:

he wants a fresh start someplace where he will have a more significant role

I hear Sochi is nice. He can go play with Rubustov.

10 minutes ago, CoachX said:

the environment is toxic and he doesn't want to be part of it

the team sucks and isn't going anywhere

You just might be on to something...

• Like 2