Flyers targeting UFA's

CoachX

18 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The Flyers would be better off taking a step back and letting young players play and learn as they go

They have to go after a few veteran bodies that can play. They need a scoring winger that will hit people and put some pucks in the net, and a top pair defensemen. They've taken more than a few steps back in the last 5 years or so, so that's a "no" from me, for yet another step back.

13 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

They have to go after a few veteran bodies that can play.

My suggestions:

Kyle Palmieri 

Brandon Saad

Matt Calvert 

I threw Calvert in there as @mojo1917 mentioned. Kick the tires on these guys if available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

My suggestions:

Kyle Palmieri 

Brandon Saad

Matt Calvert 

I threw Calvert in there as @mojo1917 mentioned. Kick the tires on these guys if available.

Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf and PK Subban. That should be the directing the Flyers go in. Maybe add Parise and Suter to the mix as well. And don't forget Jimmy Howard either. 😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf and PK Subban. That should be the directing the Flyers go in. Maybe add Parise and Suter to the mix as well. And don't forget Jimmy Howard either. 😉

I like Perry always have.

No to Getzlaf.

And the rest I have to think is a joke.

Right?

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

My suggestions:

Kyle Palmieri 

Brandon Saad

Matt Calvert 

I liked what I saw from him a few years ago when the Avs wound up on my TV, he was always doing something and skated really well.

Coming off a serious knee injury will affect his wheels and confidence, but maybe he's available at a bit of a discount because of that. His game (Calvert) was missing from our squad last year.  Hitting, fore and back checking, d-ing up in guys triangles...Like I said I liked his game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I liked what I saw from him a few years ago when the Avs wound up on my TV, he was always doing something and skated really well.

Coming off a serious knee injury will affect his wheels and confidence, but maybe he's available at a bit of a discount because of that. His game (Calvert) was missing from our squad last year.  Hitting, fore and back checking, d-ing up in guys triangles...Like I said I liked his game.

Yes I always hated him and Atkinson when the Flyers played the Blue Jackets, he if healthy could help out the bottom 6 for sure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Totally kidding, but our coaching staff might have nocturnal emissions about those veterans.....

Per Elliotte’s 31 thoughts podcast, he said he has heard Dvorak’s name out there

I would totally kick the tires on this Arizona needs young bodies.

Offer Patrick and Hagg and a prospect maybe. Dvorak could take Patrick spot in the protection order.

This would be a good option if you can't work out something for a trade for Ellis.

Coots Dvorak Frost Laughton center depth??? Dvorak can play LW too.

Any ways throwing around ideas.

23 Oskar Lindblom - 18 Christian Dvorak - 17 Wade Allison
86 Joel Farabee - 24 Morgan Frost- 11 Travis Konecny
22 Tyson Foerster - 12 Tanner Laczynski- 13 Bobby Brink
14 Elliott Desnoyers - 21 Scott Laughton - 19 Zayde Wisdom

Not a bad bright future i say....remember none of this lineup is set in stone before anyone freaks out.

Thoughts?? And yes i am sober...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Per Elliotte’s 31 thoughts podcast, he said he has heard Dvorak’s name out there

I would totally kick the tires on this Arizona needs young bodies.

Offer Patrick and Hagg and a prospect maybe. Dvorak could take Patrick spot in the protection order.

This would be a good option if you can't work out something for a trade for Ellis.

Coots Dvorak Frost Laughton center depth??? Dvorak can play LW too.

Any ways throwing around ideas.

23 Oskar Lindblom - 18 Christian Dvorak - 17 Wade Allison
86 Joel Farabee - 24 Morgan Frost- 11 Travis Konecny
22 Tyson Foerster - 12 Tanner Laczynski- 13 Bobby Brink
14 Elliott Desnoyers - 21 Scott Laughton - 19 Zayde Wisdom

Not a bad bright future i say....remember none of this lineup is set in stone before anyone freaks out.

Thoughts?? And yes i am sober...

Yeah I'd be down with Dvorak. Another former London Knight as well. I remember when he blew out his knee his first year and then his second year, he tore up the league. I think he'd be a legit fit in Philadelphia. I'm not sure what Arizona is Doug though. Maybe see if we pay 30%, they take Voracek, who could easily be flipped for picks and the likes for them. 

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Yeah I'd be down with Dvorak. Another former London Knight as well. I remember when he blew out his knee his first year and then his second year, he tore up the league. I think he'd be a legit fit in Philadelphia. I'm not sure what Arizona is Doug though. Maybe see if we pay 30%, they take Voracek, who could easily be flipped for picks and the likes for them. 

If they can work it out for Jake even better....

Here we go with Eklund going after the lower hanging fruit...

On Ryan Suter...

There are plenty of teams with interest and Suter will have no issue finding a new home after being bought out, and it is expected that Suter will want a chance to win. The Flyers are very interested. Suter is pretty much the perfect replacement for Niskanen....but they won't be alone...as one source put it, "Pretty mich everybody is in on Suter..." I would look to the Penguins, Carolina, Toronto, Florida..and even NJ.

:bonkingheadonwall:

Bruins ink Brandon Carlo to a 6 year deal with a 4.1 AAV.

So this is a great starting spot for Sanheim.

So i would be good with a 5 or 6 year deal with a 4.5 AAV.

If not he might be trade bait.

On 7/13/2021 at 4:09 PM, mkscrewy said:

Fletcher sees Suter and Parise about to be bought out and can't wait to sign them so he can go back to sleeping until 1pm.

I feel a disappointment coming...

:BrownBag:

46 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm wondering if they look at Patrick Maroon for the bottom six. I could get behind that. He could also show NAK how to play a pest/agitator role.  

Is there not any bad blood from years ago with the Greg Gilbert incident with Homer (since he is still here) from all that??

Otherwise yeah why not he seems to have some good luck following him so for the right price i would say yeah.

37 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

As far as the backup spot behind Hart maybe the Flyers could sign a lucky Finn...

...Antti Raanta would be a good fit i say.

Thoughts???

:PopcornSmiley2:

I'm not opposed, per se, but just have a plan B ready for when he's injured every 20 minutes.   He'll fit in super with Patrick and Morin.

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm not opposed, per se, but just have a plan B ready for when he's injured every 20 minutes.   He'll fit in super with Patrick and Morin.

Well hopefully that won't be the case since he won't be the starter.

I would kick the tires on Johnathan Bernier maybe even first. 

:beer:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Bernier was the guy I wanted them to sign a few years back. I've always liked him. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would go Bernier first, honestly.  Largely because of health but also because I think he's the better goalie.

Raanta wasn't the starter in Arizona and got hurt every time he crossed the street. I actually like the guy, too, but I don't trust it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

YAY! There is now a reported scenario for the Flyers to go after Landeskog. No one is safe from the Flyer machine

Ridiculous

Until the Flyers get their own financial house in order, the last thing they need to do is chase down high prices free agents. And honestly, I'd stay far away from Landeskog. Don't get me wrong, great player,  but we all saw how quickly Wayne Simmonds broke down from playing a power forward game. That's Landeskog.  The contact he's going to get won't age well.