Ristolainen to Flyers

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Scouts look away....

Simpsons Homer GIF - Simpsons Homer Hypnotized GIFs

....you did not see that.

don't worry, with the state of the Flyers right now, anyone involved in this clown circus will get benefit of doubt.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

don't worry, with the state of the Flyers right now, anyone involved in this clown circus will get benefit of doubt.

Well I know Giroux is more likely going to be in Philly till he plays his 1,000 game on March 17th but that doesn't mean they can't start moving some of these other bums.

I mean someone has to make this first move that is going to start the landslide certainly the league isn't all waiting on what happens to Giroux.

Let's get this motherfcuker started...

Yeah, after the NFL moves yesterday, Im jacked up with anticipation that something, ANYTHING, will happen

image.jpeg.6e1af94f75dedc15468d151dbd4aeba2.jpeg

I agree on Giroux. Flyers won't miss out on making a HUGE deal out of game 1000. Pomp and circumstance is all they do right.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I agree on Giroux. Flyers won't miss out on making a HUGE deal out of game 1000. Pomp and circumstance is all they do right.

Coincidentally the 1,000 people there will really be into it.

• Haha 2

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

I hope by then all of them are Predator fans I would laugh my ass off!!!

:DancingGrape:

Wouldn't surprise me. Upper bowl tickets on the re-sale market are ~$20 cheaper in Philadelphia.

Nashville is the leading home attendance team in the league right now*. In Philadelphia you can have the whole section to yourself.

Yes, Nashville and Tampa Bay - the "non hockey markets". What the hell was Bettman thinking??

* caveat for the COVID games in Canada

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

What the hell was Bettman thinking??

He wasn't. He got what @aziz was saying and well we are seeing the results of it.

sIt's just not Philly's time in May be again in about 50 years...I will be 100...if I'm still alive.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

He got what @aziz was saying and well we are seeing the results of it.

Yeah, not entirely on board with the "random chance" concept here.

Also, Nashville hasn't actually won a Cup - and they were in the Final *checks notes* five seasons ago and haven't been out of the first round since.

It's not "all about a Cup" - it's about putting a good product on the ice. Fans will come out for that. The Big Bank Building in Philly isn't empty because the Flyers haven't won a Cup since 1975. It's empty because the on ice product stinks.

#legendary

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

I don't think it is all completely random but what is key is finding your core and replacing them with younger cheaper talent when the time is right.

But for that to work properly you have to find and draft/develop the talent and fill the gap with proper free agent acquisitions.

And we know all of that is the Flyer's kryptonite.

But all we can do is hold out hope that changes...Danny B. is our only hope.

Where is R2D2 so we can install the message...

:BrownBag:

44 minutes ago, radoran said:

Also, Nashville hasn't actually won a Cup - and they were in the Final *checks notes* five seasons ago and haven't been out of the first round since.

It's not "all about a Cup" - it's about putting a good product on the ice. Fans will come out for that. The Big Bank Building in Philly isn't empty because the Flyers haven't won a Cup since 1975. It's empty because the on ice product stinks.

#legendary

:PostAward4:

@pilldoc Hey Doc thanks for posting that - it was a good read. Lot of good points, especially about Sanheim.

There's no denying Ristolainen is a big hitter and I'm sure guys hate playing against him. But the question is, what good is it? I liked that the writer didn't gloss over this point bc to me it's the critical question. So he hits. So what. It hasn't helped the Flyers win, games, shifts, nothing. For $5mil I'd hope we got someone who was obviously an asset, someone who clearly helps the Flyers win games. Not just "he makes us tough to play against." Obviously he doesn't.

• Like 2