Ristolainen to Flyers

SUOMI! 🇫🇮

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

That said, I'm not entirely sold on Hagg, Ghost, a 1st, 2 2nds, and a 7th for pending UFA Ristolainen.

Does add some size and maybe some "grit" and can QB your 2PP, but that just seems like a lot.

More shoes dropping, please.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 4

It is a lot but if they can sign him for a decent contract the defense is set for a while.   Now need to work on a top six shoot first guy.  

Dude must be overjoyed to be out of buffalo

Edited by Digityman

9 minutes ago, Digityman said:

It is a lot but if they can sign him for a decent contract the defense is set for a while.   Now need to work on a top six shoot first guy.  

Dude must be overjoyed to be out of buffalo

Hopefully Risto plays much better for the Flyers. Think about being on the worst team in the league for 5 or 6 years straight  years and on top of that living in Buffalo. Thats enough mental anguish where you would certainly wouldn’t play well. What do you have to look forward to? Going to the rink? Or maybe the great weather? He has to improve dramatically. 

• Like 1

Well, this made me feel better. Not.

From The Hockey News https://www.si.com/hockey/news/flyers-acquire-ristolainen-from-sabres

It is truly difficult to express fully just how bad a trade this is for the Flyers. 

Ristolainen is one of the least-effective regular defencemen in the entire NHL, someone who's made a career to this point out of putting up empty-calorie numbers on a terrible team while producing among the worst underlying numbers of anyone at his position. 

and they go on...

Ristolainen cannot drive play. He cannot defend the rush. He cannot defend in his own zone. And he cannot produce offence without receiving help from those around him

So we've got that going for us!

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1

F@#%ing Fletched again! 

Go ahead and defend this dumpster fire of a trade....I double dog dare ya! 

And now, to help rebuild the team we have NO 1st round pick. NO 2nd rounder next year, NO 2nd rounder the year after.

Homer is back as GM...his name is Fletcher. 

I can't believe he did all that to get rid of Ghost and bring in a worst defenceman. 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 3
  • Good Post 1

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

F@#%ing Fletched again! 

And now, to help rebuild the team we have NO 1st round pick. NO 2nd rounder next year, NO 2nd rounder the year after.

I can't believe he did all that to get rid of Ghost and bring in a worst defenceman. 

The ONLY way this has a possibility of being a good trade, is IF there is another shoe to drop.

• Like 2

This is flat out disgusting. We are the laughing stock of the league!! Any good will Fletch had in the Ellis deal is GONE!! One of the most wretched Flyer deals in recent history!! This is a GM killer...or we can hope!!

• Like 2

If this is all there is to the deal, then this is a terrible trade for the Flyers. I just don't at all get the love for Risto. He gives up the blue line far too easily and, as a consequence, spends far too much time defending. Hagg wasn't much to give up for him, but the draft pick cost is dear.

The success of this ALL hinges on the hope that Risto's horrible results are because he played on a bad team, and not because he was a key reason that the Sabres were bad.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

This is flat out disgusting. We are the laughing stock of the league!! Any good will Fletch had in the Ellis deal is GONE!! One of the most wretched Flyer deals in recent history!! This is a GM killer...or we can hope!!

who do you prefer? dougie wasnt coming here, jones wasnt coming here, there's no other options, the other option is run it back and B### about this team again next year.

What I don't get is cap.  We lose Cap on Ghost.  Same for Haag.  Then add this dude, who is very questionable.  It looks like a virtual wash on salary.  

I hope Chuck has something up his sleeve for Voracek.

Edited by Howie58

30 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

F@#%ing Fletched again! 

Well I said this was the summer for Fletcher to put his stamp on the team and his stamp guarantees that the Flyers will be bottom feeders for the next 5 years. What a ***** idiot. The best thing to happen is if the fans stay away from the arena and it forces the ownership to fire Fletcher's ass. It will be interesting to see what other **** ups Fletcher has for the Flyers fanbase.

• Like 1