Flyers 2021-22 Phantoms/Prospects info

OccamsRazor

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Guaranteed

I sure hope I'm wrong we need Chuckles to hit some of these draft picks.

Flyers need a Kaprizov type hit in the late rounds - ok let me rephrase that the Flyers need a Kaprizov type player regardless of the round he is chosen in.

Man good lawd the Flyers could use some good luck for a change.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 6:55 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I sure hope I'm wrong we need Chuckles to hit some of these draft picks.

Flyers need a Kaprizov type hit in the late rounds - ok let me rephrase that the Flyers need a Kaprizov type player regardless of the round he is chosen in.

Man good lawd the Flyers could use some good luck for a change.

Brink and O'Brien are both looking real good. I know they still have a long way to go from college to the pros, but at least they look promising.  Radcliffe looks good too, even if he never becomes a big scorer, he's a big guy that takes the body and goes to the net. At worst he's a good third or fourth line guy but probably will be better.

Covid and injuries cost alot of our prospects valuable development time, if it weren't for that some of these guys would be ready to make the team by next year. Alot of guys missed almost an entire season,  Frost, Wysdom, Foerester ,Radcliffe, O'Brien and Lacynski. 

I think the Flyers need to start drafting more college guys,  it seems that alot of good players are being drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round by other teams.So far our college dmen look good too, York,Wylie and Attard.

On 2/19/2022 at 3:45 PM, OccamsRazor said:

That is why I always say I am looking for my first Cup experience before I die...

I was 6 and 7 and living in Harrisburg.

Suffice to say, I don't really remember a "Cup experience" either :hocky:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

it seems that alot of good players are being drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round by other teams.

Before @flyercanuckjumps on this, they don't have a 2nd this year. Or next year.

We're back to the world of using 2nds to get Andrew MacDonalds and Rasmus Ristolainens.

For how obviously terrible Hextall was at drafting, he got NAK, Hart, Allison, and Ivan Radcliff in the second round over four years.

He had to go.

• Annoyed 1

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

Before @flyercanuckjumps on this, they don't have a 2nd this year. Or next year.

We're back to the world of using 2nds to get Andrew MacDonalds and Rasmus Ristolainens.

SMH ... I have never seen a team trade away 2nd round draft picks like they are infected....

over the years this team has killed itself in so many ways my not having 2nd round picks ...

can I tell you how much  I HATE this FO.

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I have never seen a team trade away 2nd round draft picks like they are infected....

Between 2000 and 2013 they had *checks notes* six 2nd round picks.

They had six from 2014 to 2018.

Barring any changes they will have three from 2019-2023.

So, you know, back on track.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Between 2000 and 2013 they had *checks notes* six 2nd round picks.

They had six from 2014 to 2018.

Barring any changes they will have three from 2019-2023.

So, you know, back on track.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

utterly ridiculous ......  I remember discussing this topic before.  Just absolutely infuriating .....

2 hours ago, radoran said:

For how obviously terrible Hextall was at drafting, he got NAK, Hart, Allison, and Ivan Radcliff in the second round over four years.

He had to go.

That's four NHL players. Hart is very good and Allison and Radcliffe should be pretty good too. Finally gonna have guys with  size and skill on the  wings . NAK is a solid playeraquarium y.  Hopefully we can recoup a couple of picks when we unload Risto and Braun. Q

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

That's four NHL players.

Which has really been @flyercanuck's point about giving away 2nds like candy at Halloween.

The fact is that 2nds really don't pan out all that much, but if you don't have any, you don't have any chance to hit on the ones that do.

Jury's out on Allison and Radcliff a bit still, but I have liked what I have seen so far. NAK is obviously "an NHL player" and Hart is a tremendous asset.

Obviously I'm pulling for Tuomaala - SUOMI! 🇫🇮

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Which has really been @flyercanuck's point about giving away 2nds like candy at Halloween.

The fact is that 2nds really don't pan out all that much, but if you don't have any, you don't have any chance to hit on the ones that do.

Jury's out on Allison and Radcliff a bit still, but I have liked what I have seen so far. NAK is obviously "an NHL player" and Hart is a tremendous asset.

My biggest problem with giving away all the 2nd is that is what top teams do when you're in your window to win now to use them to acquire a missing piece to get you towards the Cup.

That has never been the case with the Flyers they were giving away the picks for questionable pieces just to get close to getting into the playoffs and those are sad desperation moves that were just going to set them back more than help them.

I have no problem giving away picks to plug a hole when you have a good team ready to go but are just maybe missing one piece...but the Flyers haven't been in that type of spot in over a decade.

And well here we are in the midst of some of the worst hockey i have ever seen the Flyers play...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, radoran said:

Hart alone makes 2nd round picks worth hanging on to. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

My biggest problem with giving away all the 2nd is that is what top teams do when you're in your window to win now to use them to acquire a missing piece to get you towards the Cup.

That has never been the case with the Flyers they were giving away the picks for questionable pieces just to get close to getting into the playoffs and those are sad desperation moves that were just going to set them back more than help them.

I have no problem giving away picks to plug a hole when you have a good team ready to go but are just maybe missing one piece...but the Flyers haven't been in that type of spot in over a decade.

And well here we are in the midst of some of the worst hockey i have ever seen the Flyers play...

I'm fine with trading away ALL your draft picks if you're actually close, and a player of that value is available.

But Philly sends boatloads of picks away for...Ristolainen. I mean I wouldn't have traded a 1st for him, let alone all the rest of it.

• Like 2

Just now, flyercanuck said:

But Philly sends boatloads of picks away for...Ristolainen. I mean I wouldn't have traded a 1st for him, let alone all the rest of it.

The scariest part of this is you know the scouts had to scout this guy for a long time, remember we heard whispers of this a year or two ago.

So all this time watching them i just would love to know WTF it was they saw in his game to want to trade for this guy.

Like had this been a Pronger move yes i would understand that move and what he could bring.

Even them trying to go after Weber i understood what that guy would bring....or even trying to give up the picks when they tried to trade for Ekblad i understood what he would bring.

So i have to ask again WTF did they think he was going to bring???

I would love for someone who was part of this process to just say out loud WHAT IT WAS THEY SAW or thought he was going to bring to Philly....it would more than likely make my head explode.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The scariest part of this is you know the scouts had to scout this guy for a long time, remember we heard whispers of this a year or two ago.

So all this time watching them i just would love to know WTF it was they saw in his game to want to trade for this guy.

Like had this been a Pronger move yes i would understand that move and what he could bring.

Even them trying to go after Weber i understood what that guy would bring....or even trying to give up the picks when they tried to trade for Ekblad i understood what he would bring.

So i have to ask again WTF did they think he was going to bring???

I would love for someone who was part of this process to just say out loud WHAT IT WAS THEY SAW or thought he was going to bring to Philly....it would more than likely make my head explode.

Hits. 

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hits. 

You could be right. But if that is true that is all they wanted....i just can't wrap my head around that.

So it seems had maybe only Morin panned out maybe they don't make that move.

I am telling you right now after watching the little bit games Sam played in, what Sam brought Sam was head and shoulders a better hockey player than Risto hands down.

So as long as they do not resign Risto i will let it go as water under the bridge, a mistake they will never admit but they "tried".

So here is to Sam being able to come back next year and finally help and showing Risto the door whatever they can get in return...turn the page.

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would love for someone who was part of this process to just say out loud WHAT IT WAS THEY SAW or thought he was going to bring to Philly..

Physical presence in a possible 40 point player.

I don't agree with that scouting, but that's likely what they saw.

Apparently they've been wanting to do this for a while, while watching his game fall off a cliff.

I'm guessing it was "change of scenery" theory.

To give up what they gave up is inexcusable and ridiculous.

• Uggh... 1

53 minutes ago, radoran said:

To give up what they gave up is inexcusable and ridiculous.

To me it's a fireable offence.

Except that Fletchers bosses were probably all in agreement to go get that last missing piece for the cup run. Again.

51 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

To me it's a fireable offence.

Except that Fletchers bosses were probably all in agreement to go get that last missing piece for the cup run. Again.

Well in their mind sounds like someone is due for a promotion the Flyer way...

• Sad 1