Kirill Kaprizov signs 5-Year, $45 Million Deal

CreaseAndAssist

Michael Russo presented a NHL table of the 9 most productive Russian players which are playing currently at different NHL clubs. Kaprizov is so far at the 1st place.

But I looked for the most achieved in production Wild players during the Wild history play and found 4.

1. Marian Gaborik 83 points (42 goals; 41 assists; +/- 17) in 77 GP;

2. Kirill Kaprizov 81 points( 36 goals; 45 assists; +/- +19) in 63 GP;

3. Brian Rolston 79 points (34 goals;45 assists; +/- +14) in 82 GP;

4. Eric Staal 76 points(42 goals; 34 assists; +/- +8) in 82 GP.

Is Kaprizov capable to pass over Gaborik's and Staal's records of 42 goals in remaining 19 games of the regular season? Probably, yes. Time will show.

• Like 2

Well, you got me watching a few more Wild games now days...  Ugh - the years I was tormented yet still watched most games down here in TX - like 12 years until Vegas took Tuch and Haula...  My parents have not watched the Wild in many many years - they moved back to MN a few years back - dad on a call last weekend: "You see this #44 - man, I like this guy."

Needless to say - he order Center Ice because of it...  So, putting together a competitive team has its benefits ($)...  Can't help but wonder what Parise or Sutter think when they catch highlights of the team they were so integral in - get competitive the second they were run out of town (unfortunately those two are have the last laugh)...

Only concern now is that the Wild stay healthy - playing every other day now - injuries don't have time to heal...  

Oh, sorry, and my reason for this post - my dad had no idea who #97 was...  Kinda funny...  Nor did he know of the noose #11 and #20 have in the years to come on the club...  

Edited by Confrontational
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Michael Russo presented a NHL table of the 9 most productive Russian players which are playing currently at different NHL clubs. Kaprizov is so far at the 1st place.

But I looked for the most achieved in production Wild players during the Wild history play and found 4.

1. Marian Gaborik 83 points (42 goals; 41 assists; +/- 17) in 77 GP;

2. Kirill Kaprizov 81 points( 36 goals; 45 assists; +/- +19) in 63 GP;

3. Brian Rolston 79 points (34 goals;45 assists; +/- +14) in 82 GP;

4. Eric Staal 76 points(42 goals; 34 assists; +/- +8) in 82 GP.

Is Kaprizov capable to pass over Gaborik's and Staal's records of 42 goals in remaining 19 games of the regular season? Probably, yes. Time will show.

I really hope he can for many reasons but the team will need those 7+ goals to keep in contention for getting in the PO's and especially home ice.
Gabby's #'s could've been higher if he wasn't on such a defensive minded team then, But that's how it goes and is actually as if not more impressive. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 7:56 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild Sign Kirill Kaprizov to 5-year, $45 million deal and more Wild news

I share my thoughts on the deal and other Wild news.  I really don't get the full no trade the last two years.  Stupid and too much money.  Enjoy and discuss.

This post has NOT aged well......6th-8th in scoring with on 18 games left, and 24th highest paid player in the league - and getting better as a goal scorer.  This is a BARGAIN at $9MM.

2 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

This post has NOT aged well......6th-8th in scoring with on 18 games left, and 24th highest paid player in the league - and getting better as a goal scorer.  This is a BARGAIN at $9MM.

Yep. Looking like a real bargain at this juncture 

On 9/22/2021 at 3:41 PM, Brewin Flames said:

AAV 9 mil is just insane, no matter what....

However, the blow is softened if he produces at a high level.

If he's not a 30-40 goal, 80 point man, this contract sucks even more.

That message from September of the last year was confirmed by his productive play this regular season that he is 80+ point man.

Maybe he is capable to place 13 goals more in remaining 18 games to reach 50 goals this year? This will be an outstanding achievement for the Wild 22 y.o. history.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alexandron said:

That message from September of the last year was confirmed by his productive play this regular season that he is 80+ point man.

Maybe he is capable to place 13 goals more in remaining 18 games to reach 50 goals this year? This will be an outstanding achievement for the Wild 22 y.o. history.

50 would be cool but at least enough to pass Gaborik. That leaves room to then break his own record. 😁

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2022 at 12:19 PM, ClusterChuck said:

50 would be cool but at least enough to pass Gaborik. That leaves room to then break his own record. 😁

5 more goals to pass Gaborik's 42 goals. Kaprizov has 11 games to pass Gaborik's record in 77 games.

Interesting fact, his picture was placed tonight as a 1st player with the most points in the Wild history. On his shirt was written the Travis Green name with 1000 NHL games with the Wild team. Many fans asked why he was chosen Travis Green who never played for the Wild? I did some research. NHL has 2 Travis Green names. One of them has already more than 1000 NHL games and is working exclusively at the Wild team Staff as Massage therapist, Athletic trainer since 2007-08 season till now. In his records one World Championship Gold medal (women tournament) for the USA team in 2010-11 season.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday we had a new mark for Kaprizov's achievements (42 goals;47 assists; +/- +22). He reached 42 goals mark at 70 played games in 1 regular season in comparison to 42 goals of Marian Gaborik in 77 games and Eric Staal in 82 games. 

Michael Russo

@RussoHockey 22h

Blushing, smiling Kirill Kaprizov gets a rousing standing O from the #mnwild fans as they acknowledge his team scoring record. He's up to 88 points, so he's shattering the record of 83 and perhaps on his way to be the first 100-point scorer in team history.

• Like 1

An interesting observation came recently.

Kirill Kaprizov needs:

1). 1 assist to reach 50 points mark in assists this season;

2). 8 goals to  reach 50 points mark in goals this season;

3). 9 points to reach total 100 points  mark in remaining 9 games of the regular season to have a team's record for the 1st time in a Wild history. 

2nd and/or 3rd positions are the most important not only for him but for the Wild team to make this season, because we never know what to expect in the future.

Hope he can do it for the team, because those (50 goals and 100 points per season) are team's personal historic records too. We never had them in 22 years of the Wild history. And we are staying very close to reach that dream.

On 4/16/2022 at 9:02 PM, Jimtown guy said:

Say what Doughty?

1768AF59-F4E0-4F86-B499-FA7625EF1869.jpeg

Who the HE77 is Drew Douchebag anyways....

1197256401_BurnsDoughty.jpg.5e2e5dd91baed9fd7c149af2e66d2c98.jpg

KK has the third most points IN NHL history through 125 games (140), trailing only OVI and some guy named Cy Denneny?  Drew can STFU

36 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Who the HE77 is Drew Douchebag anyways....

1197256401_BurnsDoughty.jpg.5e2e5dd91baed9fd7c149af2e66d2c98.jpg

KK has the third most points IN NHL history through 125 games (140), trailing only OVI and some guy named Cy Denneny?  Drew can STFU

Sorry....forgot 3rd most points in NHL HISTORY AS A LW through 125 games

On 4/18/2022 at 10:50 AM, Wild Thing said:

I can't wait till the next time the Wild play the Kings so he can skate around Doughty and put a few pucks in the back of the net. 😄

Should be easy to do since doughty is out for the season.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Should be easy to do since doughty is out for the season.

Not really that easy then if you think about. He will then have to skate around and probably down to the training room and then shoot and remarkable shot from there passed Doughty on the training table and then passed the other players and the goalie. That sounds pretty damn difficult to me. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

Kirill Kaprizov's 108th point gives the Minnesota Wild a top-5 NHL scorer for the first time in franchise history.

Interesting, that he is top-5 NHL player this season not only in points, but in goals.

In points: McDavid 123; Gaudreau 115; Huberdeau 115; Draisaitl 110; Kaprizov 108.

In goals: Matthews 60; Draisaitl 55; Kreider 52; Ovechkin 50;

Kaprizov 47.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:10 PM, Alexandron said:

I think he will. I just do not believe that he will not come close to that number. Probably, by the huge help of his friend Zuccarello and other players of this team.

I placed the message above last September. He finished the regular season with much higher numbers as we predicted. And he became the 5th player in entire NHL in point and goal categories. Fantastic result for the Wild team history which we were witnessed this season. Now he needs to prove this during a playoffs season. Hope Zuccarello will be ready for the playoffs too. He is a huge missed part for our playoffs success in my opinion. As well as Foligno. I am waiting for the news of their readiness.

50 minutes ago, 97nhl said:

I would really appreciate if you would rate my video about Kaprizov. You'll enjoy it, I promise.

How wonderful it is to find people who want to join our site to talk hockey, and not just promote themselves.

1 hour ago, 97nhl said:

I would really appreciate if you would rate my video about Kaprizov. You'll enjoy it, I promise.

Welcome to the board. Thanks for the video. Kaprizov showed superb achievements 2 regular seasons in a row. But I would appreciate a lot if you will make a nice video about his achievements during playoffs this season. Last playoffs season was not as good for him. Hope this season will be better. 1st playoffs game against Blues he and EEK had the most shots to the net (5),which is nice, but both players were scoreless as well as entire team (zero goals and assists) on our home ice. At least we out shot the Blues team 37 shots vs their 31 shots, which is not happening very often for us against St.Louis team. And I did not see Blues domination yesterday.