2021-22 HF.net In-Season Discussion Thread (All Star / Conn Smythe)

pilldoc

I can't wait to start lol. I'm itching for my redemption after getting knocked out in the semi finals last year and denied my chance at my nemesis @yave1964

Good luck everyone. Hope more of ya participate in the day to day banter we get going In  these threads. You can laugh at my trades!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I can't wait to start lol. I'm itching for my redemption after getting knocked out in the semi finals last year and denied my chance at my nemesis @yave1964

Good luck everyone. Hope more of ya participate in the day to day banter we get going In  these threads. You can laugh at my trades!

I dont lose often in the postseason but i dread when I see you in my bracket, lol. Reminds me of the old Nordiques/Habs or Wings/Avalanche rivalries. 

• Like 1

Overall I think I drafted well could probably use help at goalie and maybe RW. Otherwise I think I have good players at each position. I also like dual position players so tend to draft guys like that more often than not. So even with a weaker RW it can hopefully be balanced with the dual position guys. So goalie is probably my weakest position and will see about upgrading there. 

3 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

Overall I think I drafted well could probably use help at goalie and maybe RW. Otherwise I think I have good players at each position. I also like dual position players so tend to draft guys like that more often than not. So even with a weaker RW it can hopefully be balanced with the dual position guys. So goalie is probably my weakest position and will see about upgrading there. 

What is your team's name?

7 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

I have 5 goalies, 4 of them guaranteed starters. What's on the table?

1 hour ago, Bakanekimiwa said:

Dang... I was super late to this party. Oh well, if you need another team next year... 

Hey Bak!

nice to see ya again…. I might have an opening in the Conn Smythe league. 

I know @TropicalFruitGirl26 has an additional team because we were short a GM from last year. She was helping me out again this year but might be willing to give it up if I found another GM. 

let me reach out to her and se what can be done….

7 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Hey Bak!

nice to see ya again…. I might have an opening in the Conn Smythe league. 

I know @TropicalFruitGirl26 has an additional team because we were short a GM from last year. She was helping me out again this year but might be willing to give it up if I found another GM. 

let me reach out to her and se what can be done….

Yep, the the Conn Smythe team is still available.

I would run three teams, and competitively too, if need be, but my preference is to return to running just two.

If @Bakanekimiwa wants the spot, it's his.
Draft day is just three days away, so I'd imagine a decision would need to come quickly if he wants to draft his own squad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I would run three teams, and competitively too, if need be, but my preference is to return to running just two.

Draft day is just three days away, so I'd imagine a decision would need to come quickly if he wants to draft his own squad.

@Bakanekimiwa

as TFG mentioned…. I have a spot open BUT I need an answer by Friday evening so I can send you the appropriate invite as the draft is this Sunday at 7 pm EDT.

My Smythe draft

THIS is my typical draft, how I love to draft.

My leading goal scorer from last year is Landeskog with a paltry 20

Strome (!) is my leader in assists of all my players. Really.

My offense will be a chalenge this year.

HOWEVER

Nobody will beat me in 

faceoffs

pims

hits

blocks

shots

goalie wins

saves

Oh occasionally i will lose one of those but very, very rarely. Essentially most weeks I will starts with a 6-1 or 7-0 lead over whoever I am playing. Is it insurmountable? God no, if the kids dont provide some offense, if some vets I am banking to score a bit better dont respond I could be down in two or three cats most weeks as well. So if that happens it is more 7-3 or 6-4 but I am banking on some rebound and breakthrough seasons to make my goals/assists/powerplay points at or near .500 and if so I should be right there with most anyone.

Of course there will be injuries and there will be waiver pickups and even the occasional trade although I am finding it harder to find folks willing to trade with me. But overall I have to say I am thrilled beyond belief with this goalie dominated but otherwise not a lot of big names team that I put together.

11 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Nobody will beat me in 

faceoffs

hits

blocks

I will give you a run for your money here ... ;) I have a ton of dual eligible C/wingers and I purposely drafted heavy hitters/blockers.  SOG I'm near the top along with PIM.  You snagged the top 2 goalies but I'm very happy with mine.  Agree my offense will suffer a bit in G/A but, like you, I try to go heavy on peripherals.  I'm hoping for a rematch in the championship game with you..  This time I don't want it to end in a tie.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 2:34 AM, pilldoc said:

@Bakanekimiwa

as TFG mentioned…. I have a spot open BUT I need an answer by Friday evening so I can send you the appropriate invite as the draft is this Sunday at 7 pm EDT.

Hey Pill.. thanks for trying. I really appreciated it, but I was in the mountains since Friday. d'oh. Oh well.. next year. GL!

On 10/7/2021 at 10:49 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Thanks so much for the offer TFG... alas, I was away from the interwebs since Fri. Oh well.. good luck to ALL your teams. 

20 minutes ago, Bakanekimiwa said:

Hey Pill.. thanks for trying. I really appreciated it, but I was in the mountains since Friday. d'oh. Oh well.. next year. GL!

18 minutes ago, Bakanekimiwa said:

Thanks so much for the offer TFG... alas, I was away from the interwebs since Fri. Oh well.. good luck to ALL your teams. 

@TropicalFruitGirl26

@Bakanekimiwa

Bak, 

its ok. TFG drafted a strong team. I can easily transfer the team from her to you.

I can screenshot the roster to you and you  can  decide if you want to participate. I would love to have you back.

~doc

@Bakanekimiwa
@pilldoc

Yes, team is STILL available!
Rest assured I drafted the team as if I intended to run it all season...and win with it...so Bak, you wouldn't be getting some shoddily slapped together roster!

Of course, you will be free to make your own changes should you decide to take over and make it more "your own", but you most certainly won't be taking over a squad destined to be a bottom dweller.

Doc, if he accepts, by all means do the transfer. If not, maybe after the season starts if someone else wants it, its fine.
Otherwise, I will just keep on with the intention of capturing @yave1964's crown.  ;) 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Otherwise, I will just keep on with the intention of capturing @yave1964's crown.  ;) 

Sorry …. You have to go through me first. 😜 I want a rematch with him in the Championship Game and this time it won’t end in a tie! LOL

• Like 1

Trade in Smythe betwen myself and Darth Child

He gets

STammer and Vas

I get

Giroux

Pionk

Matthew Tkachuk

Blackwood

Obviously Vasi is the best player in the deal hands down bar none, the worlds greatest goalie. I drafted both he and Hellboy knowing I would deal one within a short time. I will miss Stamkos as well as he when healthy is still a damn fine player, but at this point he does come with the disclaimer and asterisk about his health. 

What I added was a meh goalie in Blackwood to throw into the mix and tons of perpphral stats. Pionk should score nearly fifty points while adding tons of shots/hits/blocks, Tkachuk is a force unto himself across five categories and Giroux can still get tons of faceoffs and power play points, a step behind stamkos but not a huge step at this point in both of their careers.

Overall very satisfied with the deal. As is Darth, first trade of the season in any of the three leagues.