Soft and uninspired

trevluk

21 hours ago, albertaflyer said:

Hart: playing Good..not great..still giving up goals where the announcers comment: "He'd like to have that one back"  (Why can't WE ever find an Igor Shesterkin?..well actually we did but he plays for Florida...)

I'm not sure how many more saves you want out of the kid. Maybe the second goal last night but that was more on Provorov than anything. Kid made a heck a play as well.  It's a shooting gallery on Hart and Jones every night. They might have one win if it wasn't for those two.  The team has averaged 1.67 goals per game in their last 18. You could have Patrick Roy in net and not win many games with that stat. Sounds like Hart is in the running for Team Canada so he must be doing something right.

Agreed he has been playing much better than last season...and I'm glad he is in there
I would just like to see him tighten up on some of those that "he wants back" as the announcers stated...he can make 10 ridiculous saves...but one softy can deflate the crowd, the team around him...the great news is that he has the right mindset and is constantly working to better himself...early on teams were sticking it past him as he wasn't covering the post well...he seems to have corrected that...

to your point about scoring....agreed...our big guns have not been getting it done...
and it begs the question..why have they been so horrible in second periods? this is mystifying...

I read the part about "our big guns ...." and I thought do we really have big guns? I mean yeah we rely on G to score but I dont think we have big guns which is our problem on this team. I so miss the days when this Team did have Big Guns!

1 hour ago, Goblin99 said:

I read the part about "our big guns ...." and I thought do we really have big guns? I mean yeah we rely on G to score but I dont think we have big guns which is our problem on this team. I so miss the days when this Team did have Big Guns!

We have pop guns

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 1:00 PM, flyerdog said:

Hi all

new to this forum...used to habit the Orange and Black site (for about 20 years!)..but it is gone...

anyhow...the situation we have now is players not delivering, and really, playing not to lose at this point...those are two difficult things to correct, i would guess

Biggest problem I see is that there is absolutely no identity..and I think this is criticial...I think this is why other teams like the Red Wings and Devils (when they were both elite) were able to plug in virtually ANY player and not skip a beat..even FA signings...guys who went to those teams just seemed to gel (for the most part)

as far as players

Ellis looked like a great idea on paper, but maybe more due diligence should have been done...he has only played in 5 games(?)..and it sounds like he may be out until at least January...now Farabee is injured..and it looked like he could have a separated shoulder..so that takes a while...

Rasmus is hold/cold..when he plays well..he shows what he can be...he just needs to be consistent and I think he will get there....

JVR : Cold
Couts: Cold
Lindblom: Cold
TK: cold
Yandle: not showing the skills we know he has..If he can't contribute offensively, then his signing was a waste...
Hart: playing Good..not great..still giving up goals where the announcers comment: "He'd like to have that one back"  (Why can't WE ever find an Igor Shesterkin?..well actually we did but he plays for Florida...)

Allison's injury was unfortunate because he and Farabee started to show some chemistry at the end of last season.  Was really looking forward to seeing that again. And Now Farabee will be out for..who knows...

What is up with Cam York? he just seemed to vanish...

MacEwen Braun, and Laughton  seem to be carrying the team right now, and I don't mean in terms of scoring, but in terms of effort and energy. 

JVR and Lindblom are so frozen they are like the permafrost .

2 hours ago, Goblin99 said:

yup on another thread we talked about the SCF 2010 team..and that team had serious firepower

two 30 goal scorers: Richards and Carter
one 26 goal scorer in Briere

PLUS  gagne, hartnell, jvr and giroux

hell even Asham and Carcillo had double digit goals!!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 8:59 PM, flyerdog said:

yup on another thread we talked about the SCF 2010 team..and that team had serious firepower

two 30 goal scorers: Richards and Carter
one 26 goal scorer in Briere

PLUS  gagne, hartnell, jvr and giroux

hell even Asham and Carcillo had double digit goals!!

Who was the coach and what was his style.... It matters

• Like 1