Game 27: Devils at Flyers; 12/14/21 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

25 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

What about if some idiot pays way more than he's worth....twice? 

Cause his contract runs out this year. And Fletcher isn't going to let him walk after giving up all those assets. And you just know he's going to pay him for the player he wants him to be, not the player he actually is.

Fletcher is an absolute disaster as a GM, no question about that.

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

Ottawa is a bit tougher.  They just destroyed the Panthers *in* Florida. Prior to that, they beat Tampa 4:0. And earlier in December, beat Colorado and Carolina. This team is better than what their record suggests.  

I knew those, but at the same time saw them as top teams playing down to opponents.

If the Flyers' resurgence is for real, they need to beat teams like Ottawa.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well it is true. Playoffs are a possibility.

I get it you don't like it.

But even missing the playoffs doesn't promise they will still blow it up.

In fact either way they will blame it on coaching this club is in the ptoverbial mediocrity plain of the universe and I don’t know if they will ever find a way out....

:bonkingheadonwall:

alright on the other hand, there's no guarantee that tearing it down is going to work either, look at ottawa, buffalo, edm, arizona, they cant figure out how to win. that's probably why they dont want to go that direction.  hurricanes, wild, blues tampa bay, they didnt tear it down to bare bones and just rebuild through draft. they get good picks and they also trade for players to help them. even if we did tear it down, it's probably going to be for picks and they we are probably going use them and fa to retool this roster. they are not going to build through the draft, it just doesnt work.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 1:35 AM, flyercanuck said:

Isn't this the run the team always goes on right after they play themselves out of the playoffs? You know, the one that gives us the lousy draft pick.

Maybe. Not sure they're out of the playoffs just yet though. A modest win streak could put them right back into the last wild card and there's plenty of games left.  Optimistic I know, but too early to stick a fork in it. 

8 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Maybe. Not sure they're out of the playoffs just yet though. A modest win streak could put them right back into the last wild card and there's plenty of games left.  Optimistic I know, but too early to stick a fork in it. 

They're not "out" of the playoffs.

But they're modest win streak also requires several other teams to have concurrent modest downturns.

Like, yes they are "just" five points behind Detroit with two games in hand. But Boston is one point behind Detroit with two games in hand on the Flyers - four on Detroit. Columbus is three points ahead of the Flyers with same games played.

And even then they're the eight seed and we're back to "anything can happen."Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

39 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Ya, barely making the playoffs with a group Fletcher assembled of a bunch of old guys that might win a game or two...great. This team needs a freaking managerial enema, not a short playoff series.

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, barely making the playoffs with a group Fletcher assembled of a bunch of old guys that might win a game or two...great. This team needs a freaking managerial enema, not a short playoff series.

Have you heard the legend of that time where they won a playoff series?

X Files Myth GIF by The X-Files

28 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

enema

My horrible workplace is embarking on a digital transformation initiative, which will just be a horrendous and expensive boondoggle, and we were trying to come up with a good name for it, so I came up with: Electronic Navigational Enterprise Management Application (ENEMA)

I think it's safe to say that it's easily some of my best work ever.

• Haha 1