Game 28: Flyers at Canadiens; 12/16/21 @ 7PM; NBCSP

Howie58

12 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Well they couldn't have done worse.

Our shootout % is embarrassing to say the least.

I guess that is what happens when you just draft 200 foot forwards - maybe the reason they concentrate on the defensive side of the game so much is maybe due to the fact that hey they ain't goal scorers.

But hey what do I know...

:BrownBag:

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I guess that is what happens when you just draft 200 foot forwards - maybe the reason they concentrate on the defensive side of the game so much is maybe due to the fact that hey they ain't goal scorers.

But hey what do I know...

:BrownBag:

I know most don't agree with me but getting rid of Nolan Patrick was a mistake IMO. The kid was a sniper in junior and you don't lose that ability.

1 hour ago, Fizz said:

I know most don't agree with me but getting rid of Nolan Patrick was a mistake IMO. The kid was a sniper in junior and you don't lose that ability.

You mean the guy who hasn't played since October 22nd?

HAHA yeah most won't agree with that.

Pavel Brendl might have a better NHL career than Nolan Patrick...don't miss that guy any....

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

You mean the guy who hasn't played since October 22nd?

HAHA yeah most won't agree with that.

Pavel Brendl might have a better NHL career than Nolan Patrick...don't miss that guy any....

IMO he is still young and will grow into a good NHL scorer. In time he will put the injuries behind him.

Anyway that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Lol

11 hours ago, Fizz said:

IMO he is still young and will grow into a good NHL scorer. In time he will put the injuries behind him.

Anyway that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Lol

Who knows in the end you could be right.

However till he even scores a 2nd goal of the season I'll toward bust still...

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I know right?

Cause the guy we traded Patrick AND Myers for has played ONE game since Oct 22. 

I know that one guy still has more 4 points than BOTH of those guys this year.

No true story...

Interesting stat: Since 2015-16 Provorov has played more games than Ellis despite playing one less season. So Ellis had 82 more opportunities than Provorov had ... and still came up short.

You can't predict injuries but you can see a guy's history. In the 5 seasons before the trade he played 82 games just once.

35 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Interesting stat: Since 2015-16 Provorov has played more games than Ellis despite playing one less season. So Ellis had 82 more opportunities than Provorov had ... and still came up short.

You can't predict injuries but you can see a guy's history. In the 5 seasons before the trade he played 82 games just once.

Not sure what you're trying to prove or disprove before Kimmo got to Philly close to the same age he played 2 full seasons so he has to be a bad signing too right?

And Provorov is a bigger defenseman 6-1 202.

Ellis is 5-10 180 and play a physical game despite his stature.

I don't know why with all these bums underachieving Flyer fans want to pile on guy who hasn't even had a chance to come in and show what he can do for the club.

All he did was play 4 games and put up 5 points in those games with this team and all folks can do is carry on about a guy comes in plays hard and gets hurt.

Unreal.

But no Flyers you keep on ripping on the guy don't let me stop you...wish I could say I'm shocked but I've been here to long.

You want to rip on a guy rip on Yandle or Braun or even slack ass Travis Sanheim...

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure what you're trying to prove or disprove before Kimmo got to Philly close to the same age he played 2 full seasons so he has to be a bad signing too right?

I don't know why with all these bums underachieving Flyer fans want to pile on guy who hasn't even had a chance to come in and show what he can do for the club.

All he did was play 4 games and put up 5 points in those games with this team and all folks can do is carry on about a guy comes in plays hard and gets hurt.

Unreal.

But no Flyers you keep on ripping on the guy don't let me stop you...wish I could say I'm shocked but I've been here to long.

You want to rip on a guy rip on Yandle or Braun or even slack ass Travis Sanheim...

Pretty sure his point is Fletcher traded for damaged goods.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Pretty sure his point is Fletcher traded for damaged goods.

Nah bro them the scars of battle.......this isn't tennis. We knew about them in the trade.

At least i was aware of it. In fact i was supporting of the trade. Still am.

Till i SEE something otherwise to tell me he doesn't fit. Like say Yandle.

Oooof that mistake tonight was taken straight out of the how to defend your own end by Erik Gustafsson...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Unreal.

It's not Ellis...it's the guy trading away a lot of assets to make the team way older, yet just as mediocre. See 2 of the 3 guys you named. Who are also way older.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Well his cap hit is twice as much as both of them put together....so thank god he has 4 more points. 

I get that the quality of defenseman he is IS why is cap hit is like that but by today's standards I am ok with it because I am of the skillet he brings to the team.

That value is what you are paying for.

He was brought here to QB the powerplay and help with the transition game and put points on the score sheet.

4 games played 1 goal and 4 helpers.

Sure it is only 4 games and that is all I can judge him on so far but yes to me it looks like he did exactly what I expected and they played well went 3-1 in those games IIRC.

You have to pay for value and I'm happy with Ryan Ellis right now it sucks he is hurt but I hope he is back soon and can get back on the horse.

And if he isn't or doesn't look good I will say this much and hold him just as accountable and the rest of these bums.

In fact will all this trade stuff was swirling I even said I would have swap Sanheim for Ekholm and still would...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I get that the quality of defenseman he is IS why is cap hit is like that but by today's standards I am ok with it because I am of the skillet he brings to the team.

That value is what you are paying for.

He was brought here to QB the powerplay and help with the transition game and put points on the score sheet.

4 games played 1 goal and 4 helpers.

Sure it is only 4 games and that is all I can judge him on so far but yes to me it looks like he did exactly what I expected and they played well went 3-1 in those games IIRC.

You have to pay for value and I'm happy with Ryan Ellis right now it sucks he is hurt but I hope he is back soon and can get back on the horse.

And if he isn't or doesn't look good I will say this much and hold him just as accountable and the rest of these bums.

In fact will all this trade stuff was swirling I even said I would have swap Sanheim for Ekholm and still would...

Oh he's definitely one of Fletchers best transactions.

But the fact he traded the 2nd overall and what was once considered a big swift skating good 2nd pairing dman before "Flyer development' for him, and he's played only 4 games and has FIVE YEARS left as a small over 30 year old defenceman at over $6 mil caphit says enough about the architect of this steaming pile of crap.

7 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

what was once considered a big swift skating good 2nd pairing dman

Yep - this is exactly WHY you have to give it up - because Myers has no real value.

In fact YOU have as many assists and goals as he has this year for the Preds....hey maybe they sign you to a contract.

So Ellis cost a 2nd and a dream I'm good with it price of doing business in the NHL.

Now the Risto move well that is whole different story and argument that I won't have or defend...

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

27 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yep - this is exactly WHY you have to give it up - because Myers has no real value.

In fact YOU have as many assists and goals as he has this year for the Preds....hey maybe they sign you to a contract.

So Ellis cost a 2nd and a dream I'm good with it price of doing business in the NHL.

Now the Risto move well that is whole different story and argument that I won't have or defend...

Risto ain't the only one.

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Risto ain't the only one.

Oh I know I was just sticking to the blueline.

Yandle was suppose to help to but all he has done is be a pylon.

I was wanting Risto to play I think it was the second goal Stutzle's scored on better, in fact I wish he wouldn't have been so flat footed.

Would have even preferred him to try and put a body on him there sure he may have just skated around him but maybe I would felt better because I would think hey at least he was going to light his ass instead of the patented Travis Sanheim weak ass stick check which he well skated right around.

Oh well I think they have 3 future D men on the roster right now because the other half is garbage...

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ellis is he's going to be a broken old man making $6M year for another five years.  Even if he comes back healthy he is on the downside of his career, but we get to pay him for past performance.

52 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Ellis is he's going to be a broken old man making $6M year for another five years. 

Yeah can't say my crystal ball is in the shop for repairs but from what I seen from the Preds as I have watched the Flyers for years, is yes he can help, yes he is an upgrade, yes he is what Ivan needs.

That is until he shows me otherwise he isn't those things, I'm not going to join in everyone's bitching about a guy who played 4 games which he was good in 5 points (but of course everyone wants to discount because he supposedly can't keep up that pace) and now say because he is injured in 4 years he is going to suck.

Can't worry about 4 years from now he'll for all we know by then covid has spread and shut down everything.

I am worried about the here and now.

58 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Even if he comes back healthy he is on the downside of his career

Sweet baby Jesus bro did you realize as soon as all of us are born we all start dying no for real.

Yes we know this when you get a guy who is 30 years old he is younger than Kimmo was when the Flyers got him and that worked out well.

I have to ask this is there any sun that shines where you live because all I ever here from is how dark and gloomy it all is.

Yeah it isn't going away anytime soon.

And there are way bigger concerns on the team than Ellis.

And if Ellis bombs I'll be the first to come here and own it that I was wrong and all the nay sayers were right but till then I am holding out for some hope of a ray of light at the end of the tunnel.

Now what you should do is go back to hating on Hayes and Risto because you may be on the right path with those two.

43 minutes ago, radoran said:

Yandle was supposed to be a third pair guy with some "leadership" who knew AV's "system" on a one year deal at a cheap price.

Yeah I know and I knew he wasn't stellar in his own end but goddammit bro he was putrid last night from what I have seen.

And I can't wait till he is gone...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah I know and I knew he wasn't stellar in his own end but goddammit bro he was putrid last night from what I have seen.

And I can't wait till he is gone...

I do not at all disagree.

I just disagree with a contention that he was signed to be some sort of impact player.