Game 28: Flyers at Canadiens; 12/16/21 @ 7PM; NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The O and B are favored (-1.5) and projected to win 2-2:

https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nhl/story/flyers-vs-canadiens-odds-prediction-121621-147251

We have won 11 of the past 16.  It looks like Jake Allan versus Carter Hart in goal.  The Habs have COVID issues and goal is a problem.  These are two sub-.500 teams duking it out, but the Flyers seem to be on the mend...for a few games.

Edited by Howie58

16 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

The O and B are favored (-1.5) and projected to win 2-2:

https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nhl/story/flyers-vs-canadiens-odds-prediction-121621-147251

We have won 11 of the past 16.  It looks like Jake Allan versus Carter Hart in goal.  The Habs have COVID issues and goal is a problem.  These are two sub-.500 teams duking it out, but the Flyers seem to on the mend.  

Fixed it for you

• Haha 1

FYI:

There has been talk about bringing Therien or AV back to Montreal.  They may not be good choices but the talking heads have already brought it up.  Funny!

https://thehockeywriters.com/montreal-canadiens-vigneault-head-coaching-options-ducharme/

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

3rd string goalie tonight. 50 shots : 50 saves.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was I would bet the entire castle, moat and all, along with all the sheep and even the beloved Lumina with the wonky transmission, on this outcome.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I'm not a betting man, but if I was I would bet the entire castle, moat and all, along with all the sheep and even the beloved Lumina with the wonky transmission, on this outcome.

You could throw in a never-been-worn Eichel jersey... :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

FYI:

There has been talk about bringing Therien or AV back to Montreal.  They may not be good choices but the talking heads have already brought it up.  Funny!

https://thehockeywriters.com/montreal-canadiens-vigneault-head-coaching-options-ducharme/

Québec always wants to be ahead in terms of ambitious environmental policies, in particular recycling. However, given that speaking french is a mandatory element in the hiring process, the choice is quite limited.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Math said:

Québec always wants to be ahead in terms of ambitious environmental policies, in particular recycling. However, given that speaking french is a mandatory element in the hiring process, the choice is quite limited.

Dear Math:

I noted that Jeff Gorton spoke a few words in French at his appointment news conference.  Ahhh, the Treat of Paris....has the war ended culturally?  

Peace,

Howie

Edited by Howie58

19 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Dear Math:

I noted that Jeff Gorton spoke a few words in French at his appointment news conference.  Ahhh, the Treat of Paris....has the war ended culturally?  

Peace,

Howie

Yeah, I'm afraid it won't end anytime soon...

Gorton had to speak a few words for the local media, and to show that he cares about that aspect, otherwise he would've been ripped off by the locals. As it is understandable for the coach/GM to know french because of the media, it is still strange that the players are not required to do so as well, at least the minimum. I mean, Price is in the organization for 10+ years and he's not able to say a single word in french.

• Like 2