Flyers Coaching, Past and Present.

Fizz

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

One thing they are never short on, excuses. Or, maybe that just applies to our forum analysis. There have been trades. There have been firings. There have been roster make overs.

The team just isn't good. Some players might be, but as a team, they aren't. I suspect there are personality differences in the locker room that are significant. I suspect alot of finger pointing,  which in my mind directly causes the fragility and collapses. My last thought, and the first person who pops in my mind is JVR, this is a business. These guys play for money. Some, lots of it. If the team sucks, they still get paid, so why bother. Others might want out (JVR, Giroux, Coots) entirely. As bad as they are, you don't have to do much to stay on the ice.

Bottom line.... its the Players!

... but it all starts with management. And the fact that is on the forums can visually see that management sucks speaks in volumes. Everything starts there and add long as you've got the dinosaurs there who are continually in Dave Scott's ear and undermine GMs (unless your name is Chuck Fletcher), nothing will change. 

They say the fastest way to kill a snake is to cut off its head. Until Clarke, Holmgren and Lombardi are gone, nothing is going to change. The GM will always have one hand tied behind his back doing the job. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

... but it all starts with management. And the fact that is on the forums can visually see that management sucks speaks in volumes. Everything starts there and add long as you've got the dinosaurs there who are continually in Dave Scott's ear and undermine GMs (unless your name is Chuck Fletcher), nothing will change. 

They say the fastest way to kill a snake is to cut off its head. Until Clarke, Holmgren and Lombardi are gone, nothing is going to change. The GM will always have one hand tied behind his back doing the job. 

Totally agree

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

Totally agree

6 hours ago, CoachX said:

One thing they are never short on, excuses. Or, maybe that just applies to our forum analysis. There have been trades. There have been firings. There have been roster make overs.

The team just isn't good. Some players might be, but as a team, they aren't. I suspect there are personality differences in the locker room that are significant. I suspect alot of finger pointing,  which in my mind directly causes the fragility and collapses. My last thought, and the first person who pops in my mind is JVR, this is a business. These guys play for money. Some, lots of it. If the team sucks, they still get paid, so why bother. Others might want out (JVR, Giroux, Coots) entirely. As bad as they are, you don't have to do much to stay on the ice.

Bottom line.... its the Players!

But, but, but you said it's the players.....

Players or management which is it?

Lol

5 minutes ago, Fizz said:

A few posts ago you agreed with a post saying it was management.

So I ask again which is it?

Actually it's both. Management is responsible for hiring these bum, or the bums who hired them.

It's not hard. 1+1=2. Feel free to take of your shoes if you need to count your toes

Oh,, and in case you didn't notice, AV was fired and they havent won in 12 straight...and counting. Good call. He was definitely the problem

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Actually it's both. Management is responsible for hiring these bum, or the bums who hired them.

It's not hard. 1+1=2. Feel free to take of your shoes if you need to count your toes

Oh,, and in case you didn't notice, AV was fired and they havent won in 12 straight...and counting. Good call. He was definitely the problem

The coaches that are still here are all AV disciples and his hires so no wonder the team is still faltering.

AV's stink is still all over this team.

Unless you think Yeo is a NHL caliber coach?

Seeing you loved AV, Yeo might just be your kind of coach.

10 hours ago, CoachX said:

There have been roster make overs.

I was actually looking forward to seeing the results of this makeover.

Instead we got Hayes delaying surgery last season and never really recovering and then Ellis being rushed back and the rest of the roster overstretching to compensate and then  in the face of further injury and then COVID.

All of this is true.

But you don't get a free pass to play like a bunch of deflated high schoolers.

The many flaws in this organiztion's* culture just keep creeping to the fore...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Complaining about coaching on the Flyers is like complaining your car wax doesn't help your time on the quarter mile.

Not exactly...wax isn't suppose to make your car faster, coaches are suppose to make the team better.

15 hours ago, Fizz said:

The coaches that are still here are all AV disciples and his hires so no wonder the team is still faltering.

AV's stink is still all over this team.

Unless you think Yeo is a NHL caliber coach?

Seeing you loved AV, Yeo might just be your kind of coach.

Maybe you should try actually reading my posts

3 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Complaining about coaching on the Flyers is like complaining your car wax doesn't help your time on the quarter mile

Funny but not globally accurate.

Better developmental coaching may have benefited our young "stud defensive prospects" a few years ago.

Better NHL coaching may have helped keep young players on track when they struggled. 

There were groups that benefited from a coaching change (for a time)

Stevens to Laviolette....Laviolette to Berube.

Hakstol to AV was an improvement until, COVID and whatever is happening with the psyche of the players now.

In Pgh coaching changes ending up with the team winning cups twice, Therrien to Blysma and Blysma to Sullivan.

That roster was better than the Flyers, of course, sometimes the voice at the top matters. 

I don't think it does this year with this team. 

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Funny but not globally accurate.

Better developmental coaching may have benefited our young "stud defensive prospects" a few years ago.

Better NHL coaching may have helped keep young players on track when they struggled. 

There were groups that benefited from a coaching change (for a time)

Stevens to Laviolette....Laviolette to Berube.

Hakstol to AV was an improvement until, COVID and whatever is happening with the psyche of the players now.

In Pgh coaching changes ending up with the team winning cups twice, Therrien to Blysma and Blysma to Sullivan.

That roster was better than the Flyers, of course, sometimes the voice at the top matters. 

I don't think it does this year with this team. 

Not a shot at you but we were good till Covid is BS. Every team in the league is dealing with Covid not just the Flyers.

The rest of the league is doing okay dealing with it.

Piss poor coaching and player development and a GM that dosen't know a hockey player from a ballerina is the problem. Covid is just an excuse.

13 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Piss poor coaching and player development and a GM that dosen't know a hockey player from a ballerina is the problem

Yep. Hire a good coach,  one with a winning record, and bring in a good GM and the current roster is built for a deep playoff run. Maybe even a SC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1