Game 45: Jets at Flyers; 2/1/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

6 minutes ago, OH1FlyersFan said:

We need an iceberg

They already have an Ironman one.

He is helping best he can to sink the whole season.

He is doing a great job helping the Flyers move closer to a top 3 pick - the better the pick the easier it is for Chuckles to include in a trade for a 32 year old has been center from Minnesota with 4 years left on his contract...

...off topic sorta..

...and for shats and giggles I was reading something the other day (if you enjoy a good ol conspiracy theories it was even the Titanic that sunk - it was the Britannic and was swapped I think for insurance purposes IIRC and it didn't get to finish the article because I was at work....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It's not a great accomplishment...but when he's the 12 highest paid player, he's NOT the guy you should be hating on. 

If the Flyer lineup was made up the way it should be,  it wouldn't include slugs like JVR and Hayes taking up $14 million while providing less scoring than Laughton. 

Laughton isn't special...and he's not paid "special". JVR and Hayes aren't special, but they're paid like they are. They're the f***ing posers. Laughtons just another plumber in the NHL. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Hayes and cannot stand JVR. I see those two as overpaid dead weight. But I knew that from the beginning and had no expectation they would be anything more. I can't wait til they are gone

I think Laughton could be more. But I think he's content just filling his role and accepting a paycheck. He could be a Tyler Pitlick.  He could show more heart. That's what I want to see. But that won't happen. I think he could be a warrior. But that won't happen either

So, I hate him.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I think Laughton could be more. But I think he's content just filling his role and accepting a paycheck. He could be a Tyler Pitlick.  He could show more heart.

Strange how different opinions can be. I see the opposite. To me Laughton is all heart, plays his ass off every shift and doesn't quit. I'd like to see more finish from him, i.e. goals. He does everything else I'd ask from a bottom 6 player and occasionally he can hold his own in the top 6 as well. This guy is a bargain. I assume Fletcher will find a way to trade him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Strange how different opinions can be. I see the opposite. To me Laughton is all heart, plays his ass off every shift and doesn't quit. I'd like to see more finish from him, i.e. goals. He does everything else I'd ask from a bottom 6 player and occasionally he can hold his own in the top 6 as well. This guy is a bargain. I assume Fletcher will find a way to trade him.

Yes it is all about the role the players are given their linemates and their skill level and then the ability for the coaches to you know do their job to coach them up.

Just look at how well NAK is playing for the Avs 6 goals 13 points +8 in 32 games 1 goal away from setting a career high on the 3rd line not the 4th line i'm sure if you ask him getting away from Philly was the best thing for him.

A few here busted his balls but he was never given a fair shake and never even with the Flyers impotent special teams not given any time there even.

This staff always expects the kids to be perfect in everything the do and not allowed to play through their mistakes is a fatal flaw while the vets are allowed to make mistakes all the time and float and do nothing sometimes and are never held accountable and well it starts at the top.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just look at how well NAK is playing for the Avs 6 goals 13 points +8 in 32 games 1 goal away from setting a career high on the 3rd line not the 4th line i'm sure if you ask him getting away from Philly was the best thing for him.

Now why on earth would we want a 25 year old $1 million player who plays with a bit of an edge when we could waive him and sign a 34 year old for the same price?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yeah, I get your POV. Many here share the same opinion. Of course, I dont. But I won't say he isn't a bargain. I guess he is. Too many players like this have been key members of this teams makeup, for too long. They seem to value this kinda guy over more skilled players. Of course that could be the fundamental flaw, you can't get more skilled players when you have no cap space. Back to square one, management.

Back to the point,  I still hate Laughton

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Now why on earth would we want a 25 year old $1 million player who plays with a bit of an edge when we could waive him and sign a 34 year old for the same price?

Because of all the stupid penalties he took while here?

35 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Aube-Kubel career high Pims 44

Brassard career high Pims 46

And not making excuses for NAK's boneheaded penalties but a lot of is out of frustration and trying to get notice so he could move up the lineup and get some time on special teams PK and maybe even PP time he'll he had arguably one of rhe best wrist shots on the team.

So yes I think it comes from trying to do to much and then being saddled with not much skill to help him on the 4th line.

I know the guy is physical and would glad take the body when presented with a chance but he wanted more and never got it here.

I'm happy for him now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CoachX said:

Makes Brassard stupid too....even more so

Brassard was supposed to be a bottom six vet with experience in AV's system.

He was never supposed to be the 2C.

That was ol' Fletch's primary mistake, Hayes and the "we're trying to avoid surgery" phillyosophy...

• Like 2