Fletcher acquires another guy from Minnesota!

Samifan

2 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Has #F**KCHUCK been trademarked on here yet? If not, I’d like to file the paperwork 

That is a addition for the Phantoms they are still in the hunt for a playoff believe it not have a few games vs the team in the 8th seed spot plus a few games in hand on them so if they can find a way they can squeak in....the Flyer way.

7 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Has #F**KCHUCK been trademarked on here yet? If not, I’d like to file the paperwork 

Hold "ALT", while typing 0,1,7,4 to register your trademark® :shifty: 

Also....wait for it.... incoming Fletch acquisitions:
Bret Bulmer, Sam Anas, Tyler Graovac, and Kyle Rau to "restock the system" :ph34r: 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

5'11" 177 lbs...didn't get him for his physicality.

1g 4 a...didn't get him for his scoring.

But man, can he Minnesota!

Great move on Fletcher freeing up those contracts.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

But man, can he Minnesota

Well then I guess it’s time for us Flyer fans to brush up on our Minnesota jargon…..

”Jesus,Mary and Joseph” does Chuck suck. “You Betcha!”

D2BD68E6-72BC-4112-959E-438A26193956.jpeg

Edited by Samifan
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Well then I guess it’s time for us Flyer fans to brush up on our Minnesota jargon…..

”Jesus,Mary and Joseph” does Chuck suck. “You Betcha!”

D2BD68E6-72BC-4112-959E-438A26193956.jpeg

So is that 1 being the highest level or 9?

Interestingly interested.

:salute:

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So is that 1 being the highest level or 9?

Interestingly interested.

:salute:

Not being from Minnesota (so I could never work for Fletcher,lol) I believe the list goes from lowest aggravation 9, to highest  rated level of anger (1).

So when we’re at Oh for Pete Sake, it’s hitting the fan and **** is about  to pop off l😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

any scrub from Minnesota is Chuck's Chris Vandevelde

My biggest question is are there any Super stars to come out of Minnesota I am sure there are but Google is not my friend today at work.

If there are any Super Stars let's at least target them.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

My biggest question is are there any Super stars to come out of Minnesota I am sure there are but Google is not my friend today at work.

If there are any Super Stars let's at least target them.

Minnesota has had some good hockey players come out of it. Not sure I'd call any of them super stars. But basing your team building off one place is pretty damn stupid. 

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Minnesota has had some good hockey players come out of it. Not sure I'd call any of them super stars. But basing your team building off one place is pretty damn stupid. 

Yes I agree.

Never heard of any strategy like this in ANY sport ever.

Sure I know in college sports it is very important to recruit within state but no program I have heard of believe they should just stay within the state.

Basically unheard of.

Grounds to be fired.

But honestly I think this comes from Holmgren to begin with and Chuck just follows orders after he has run it past him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I'm not sure what Phantoms team you've been watching play. 

I haven't been watching i am going off of what i have seen tweeted.

And mathematically yes they are still in it from what i looked at but that requires winning so games though.

And they lost to Laval last night no yeah maybe a huge hill is there to be climbed.

The tweet was from Bob Rotruck and he usually knows what he is talking about.

Can't find where i seen it.

18 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Even just "squeaking in".  The team, unfortunately, is absolutely lucky to be the 3rd worst team in the AHL.  They are even harder to watch than the Flyers are at this point. 

As i said just going from what i read. And yeah i can't dispute this Lappy is just another good ol boys it seems in over his head.

But the team they were chasing they are suppose to play a lot times before the end of the season.

So if they don't make it i won't be shocked.

• Like 1

Bob Rotruck makes the Flyers announcers seem like unbiased national media announcers.  When watching AHL TV  games I use the Phantoms' opponents' feed.  He's the homer of all homers.  Horrible.  Just like the team.

A great read from a interview with Timonen.

He already has my vote for GM sounds like he gets it.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/platform/amp/2022/3/28/23000023/philadelphia-flyers-kimmo-timonen-claude-giroux-nhl

But bye Chuck.

Sample more in article:

Timonen: Yeah, of course I’m following everything now before the deadline… There’s all kinds of stuff going around social media and I was preparing for this podcast episode, and I was thinking—For once, I will give my opinion on how things should go in the Flyers organisation. They have 19 games left, and if someone didn’t see the tweet, I just said it’s time to let the young guys play. What I mean by that, is that—There’s Cam York, for example, this young defenseman, and a couple games ago, Keith Yandle was playing on the power play before him. What sense does it make—?

Mäkinen: Absolutely no sense!

Timonen: —now that we’re no longer in the playoff contention—Right, no sense! So let these young players play the 19 games remaining, and I’m not only talking about Cam York—they have others, forwards, they should put them in different roles. Like, put Cam York on the penalty kill, or match him against elite players so you’ll get some idea of what Cam York can do, and at the same time the players can see where they are at on the NHL level, what they need to develop. The Flyers should use these 19 games as evaluation to see where they are as an organisation, what kind of players they have picked and how those players are doing on the NHL level. Because it’s a fact that there’s work to do, and there’s a lot of it.

Mäkinen: Yeah, I was just looking at your organisation. Next summer, you have a first round pick but no second round pick. In 2023, you have a first round pick but no second round pick. These years are really acute when it comes to building, so, per se, your situation is pretty bad if I’m comparing… I just calculated that a normal team has 21 picks in three years—if you have all picks from the first to seventh round, you have 21 picks in the next three years. So, for example, the Seattle Kraken has 34 picks in the future. They have a much better situation than you. Unfortunately.

Timonen: They do! That’s how it is! And that’s what I mean, that we have tough years ahead. Of course, money has never been the issue, we can get anyone as long as there’s cap space, that’s not the problem, but we should—They don’t want to use the word “rebuilding” here at all, but in my opinion, we’re at a place where [rebuilding] is a fact. That we have to do it. But now that you mentioned Seattle, I would count them as a trade deadline winner. I think Ron Francis made a lot of good moves. They tried to go into the season with this veteran team—half of the roster veterans, half younger guys—and they tried to play good hockey in this league, it didn’t work out for them and now they traded all their veterans, and just like you said, got 34 picks in the next three drafts, and that’s how you build a future.

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

A great read from a interview with Timonen.

He already has my vote for GM sounds like he gets it.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/platform/amp/2022/3/28/23000023/philadelphia-flyers-kimmo-timonen-claude-giroux-nhl

But bye Chuck.

Sample more in article:

Timonen: Yeah, of course I’m following everything now before the deadline… There’s all kinds of stuff going around social media and I was preparing for this podcast episode, and I was thinking—For once, I will give my opinion on how things should go in the Flyers organisation. They have 19 games left, and if someone didn’t see the tweet, I just said it’s time to let the young guys play. What I mean by that, is that—There’s Cam York, for example, this young defenseman, and a couple games ago, Keith Yandle was playing on the power play before him. What sense does it make—?

Mäkinen: Absolutely no sense!

Timonen: —now that we’re no longer in the playoff contention—Right, no sense! So let these young players play the 19 games remaining, and I’m not only talking about Cam York—they have others, forwards, they should put them in different roles. Like, put Cam York on the penalty kill, or match him against elite players so you’ll get some idea of what Cam York can do, and at the same time the players can see where they are at on the NHL level, what they need to develop. The Flyers should use these 19 games as evaluation to see where they are as an organisation, what kind of players they have picked and how those players are doing on the NHL level. Because it’s a fact that there’s work to do, and there’s a lot of it.

Mäkinen: Yeah, I was just looking at your organisation. Next summer, you have a first round pick but no second round pick. In 2023, you have a first round pick but no second round pick. These years are really acute when it comes to building, so, per se, your situation is pretty bad if I’m comparing… I just calculated that a normal team has 21 picks in three years—if you have all picks from the first to seventh round, you have 21 picks in the next three years. So, for example, the Seattle Kraken has 34 picks in the future. They have a much better situation than you. Unfortunately.

Timonen: They do! That’s how it is! And that’s what I mean, that we have tough years ahead. Of course, money has never been the issue, we can get anyone as long as there’s cap space, that’s not the problem, but we should—They don’t want to use the word “rebuilding” here at all, but in my opinion, we’re at a place where [rebuilding] is a fact. That we have to do it. But now that you mentioned Seattle, I would count them as a trade deadline winner. I think Ron Francis made a lot of good moves. They tried to go into the season with this veteran team—half of the roster veterans, half younger guys—and they tried to play good hockey in this league, it didn’t work out for them and now they traded all their veterans, and just like you said, got 34 picks in the next three drafts, and that’s how you build a future.

It amazes me that I know 1st and 2nd round picks are valuable...and you know 1st and 2nd round picks are valuable, and Makinen, whoever he is, knows they're valuable, but Homer and Chuck and Bob just think they're garbage that you throw away on players that aren't even any good.

58 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

It amazes me that I know 1st and 2nd round picks are valuable...and you know 1st and 2nd round picks are valuable, and Makinen, whoever he is, knows they're valuable, but Homer and Chuck and Bob just think they're garbage that you throw away on players that aren't even any good.

Sometimes I really think they don't know what to do with the picks and once they use them and they don't pan out well then that is the proof they don't know what they are doing.

So they would rather traded them for proven talent because even once they find the talent they don't even know how to develop it any ways.

So they just trade them. For no other reason than it is the simplest of things to do.

30 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sometimes I really think they don't know what to do with the picks and once they use them and they don't pan out well then that is the proof they don't know what they are doing.

So they would rather traded them for proven talent because even once they find the talent they don't even know how to develop it any ways.

So they just trade them. For no other reason than it is the simplest of things to do.

Trading them for talent is one thing....trading them for Ristolainen, trading them with  Ghost for nothing, or for Steve Eminger, or Dan Carcillo, or for what used to be Vinnie Prospal, Or for Patrick Hersley, or for Nick Grossman, or for....shall I go on?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Trading them for talent is one thing....trading them for Ristolainen, trading them with  Ghost for nothing, or for Steve Eminger, or Dan Carcillo, or for what used to be Vinnie Prospal, Or for Patrick Hersley, or for Nick Grossman, or for....shall I go on?

Yeah it is as simple as this.

They don't value them. I'm not sure you will ever get them to change their ways.

That is why they need to show them the door.

But it won't happen they want to retool quickly and get back in the race for the 8th seed.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

But it won't happen they want to retool quickly and get back in the race for the 8th seed.

You're absolutely right.

You'd think the goal would be the cup, but it isn't. It's squeak into the playoffs.

• Like 2

Theres a reason that draft picks don't develop in the dysfunctional world of Flyerdom. 

There is no goal, they have proven that over and over again. They are simply determined and arrogantly stubborn to remain what they are.

They are completely clueless regards to asset management and placing value on players and picks. 

• Like 1