Should the Flyers trade for Chycrun if Ellis is on borrowed time

RonJeremy

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The frustration with Provorov has all but ended since the TD. Justin Braun played well as his partner but Provorov’s game was terrible. Braun gets traded, Provy gets York, sometimes Sanheim, and suddenly no more mistakes. At least no more head-scratching WTF kind of mistakes. 

If Fletcher trades Provorov and the return is anything less than OMG YES!! ….well I won’t even let myself think of it. It’s only a game right? Right.

IMHO, the backend will never improve until the forward group gets more skilled, has more desire and way more toughness. Not to mention, a lot more hockey IQ. 5 on 5 is like being 2 men short for the dman in their own end. Its ludicrous how bad they are .

Are they not retooling the front end of the Flyers or it seems that way to me. I think they have some very good players such as Konecny, Farabee, Frost and Lindholm. They need to get rid of this rubbish like Hayes, Atkinson, and Van Riemsdyk. 

• Like 2

Just now, Wild Thing said:

Are they not retooling the front end of the Flyers or it seems that way to me. I think they have some very good players such as Konecny, Farabee, Frost and Lindholm. They need to get rid of this rubbish like Hayes, Atkinson, and Van Riemsdyk. 

You're a Wild fan...you know damn well Fletcher would rather get rid of the Konecnys, Farabees and Frosts and bring in more lazy, lousy veterans who are grossly overpaid...cause that's how he rolls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wild Thing said:

From your ears to God's mouth.  

Sadly, the flyers obviously aren't under God's jurisdiction.   Clearly, management is under the influence of another Biblical entity (not Job).

• Like 1

Just now, flyercanuck said:

You're a Wild fan...you know damn well Fletcher would rather get rid of the Konecnys, Farabees and Frosts and bring in more lazy, lousy veterans who are grossly overpaid...cause that's how he rolls.

Is it too late to trade for Suter and Parise?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

You guys need a top line C correct? Well maybe Fletcher might be on top of that. He might just try and get Mikko Koivu to come out of retirement and there ya go. 😆

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

From your ears to God's mouth.  

Sadly, the flyers obviously aren't under God's jurisdiction.   Clearly, management is under the influence of another Biblical entity (not Job).

Hezekiah?

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Hezekiah?

Yeah, I guess I made that one too easy.

Let's do a harder one:  I'm thinking of a hall of famer who wore #16 as a Flyer.

No googling. Don't cheat.

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2022 at 6:35 PM, FireDillabaugh said:

If you're trading for Chychrun believing that he can be a top pair NHL dman, then you're trading for the wrong player.  Because, Chychrun just isn't that.  He's young, and has good size.  But, he's got MANY flaws, and only gets the TOI he does because he's on the Yotes.  He's possibly a 4 or 5.  Maybe he can push Risto to the 6 position where he belongs.  But, not by much.  If a trade is made for him, it shouldn't be for much in return.  He's certainly no answer to the issues.  But, as clearly pointed out by a few here, Fletcher would only get fleeced again if a deal is made for Chychrun.

No sound reason to do this...

You know, what you're saying about Chychrun isn't wrong, but it's pretty much what people were saying about Risto and they went ahead and made that deal so you can expect Chychrun in the line up next season, and we will overpay to get him. 

As you say, no sound reason to do it...

• Like 1