Minnesota Wild vs Arizona Coyotes, Tuesday 4-26-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Hartman just rag dolled that Stillman hack for the late cheap hit on Fiala.  Otherwise, little fire.

I really think that’s what this team thrives on is scrums after the whistle and hard hitting. None of that was there tonight 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Pretty sure they all thought this team was going to be pushover.

Wy too many fancy passes instead of shots.

Maybe they aren't a true cup contender?

I'd be more comfortable with that statement if their PP was at least middle + of the league.

The worst team in the league won against us on our home ice in regulation and stopped their 10  games losing streak.  In my opinion, the Wild team did not take seriously this game as well fans who predicted our win with a high score. The most sad part of this evening our team was not able to win this game as  a form of gift for Kaprizov's birthday. And why Fleury was in net 3 games in a row? 

5 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

The worst team in the league won against us on our home ice in regulation and stopped their 10  games losing streak.  In my opinion, the Wild team did not take seriously this game as well fans who predicted our win with a high score. The most sad part of this evening our team was not able to win this game as  a form of gift for Kaprizov's birthday. And why Fleury was in net 3 games in a row? 

This Arizona game had "trap game" written all over it.
Granted...it WAS up to the Minnesota players to treat this like any other match up...even as an opponent they needed to seriously put away, and that didn't happen.

I looked at ALL the stats comparisons between the Wild and Coyotes...not just your basic stuff you see on any given preview.
Looking for SOMETHING the Wild needed to be careful with the Yotes about.
But what I found was the Wild are pretty much superior to the Coyotes in pretty much all the categories, whether offense, defense, penalties, you name it, the Wild had the edge........on PAPER (or LCD screen in my case :bigteeth: ).

But well, since games aren't played on paper, the stats can say all they want, but MN still needed to get it done on the ice.

Fact is, Arizona has nothing to lose, they are filled with a bunch of unknowns now, hungry, wanting to make their NHL marks, and they edged Minnesota where you can't really measure: Desire to win THIS particular game.

Up n down, no doubt Minnesota is the better team. By a good margin.
But the Coyotes just had their "playoff win" tonight by beating the better team with guts, heart, and effort.

I will give the Wild a bit of a pass on this, just a bit.
Because they have been so workmanlike all year.
And I think Minnesota will (or at least should) take this loss to heart, not so much "because it was Arizona", but because they know they probably let their guards down against an opponent they should have won against.........and that CAN'T happen in the post season!

Fortunately, St. Louis isn't faring well as of my wall of text here...losing 3-1 to Colorado heading into period 3, so the Wild still have a good shot to grab that home ice.

Their best chance of winning home ice was last night.

Evidently they don't really care about home ice, or they would have shown up last night.

In my opinion a true cup contender would have played last night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomdog said:

Evidently they don't really care about home ice, or they would have shown up last night.

Especially the part where they could've put ALL the pressure on the Blues since they were playing later and would see our win.
Blues made it close in their game but we got lucky.
Then the Blues last game was going to be against a desperate VGK team. Not now.
As usual the Wild tend to make things harder for themselves.

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Alexandron said:

The worst team in the league

I'd say the worst team is Montréal. Despite their awful record, the Coyotes managed from time to time to be a serious nail in some of the top teams' shoes and they had for some time in March the best offense in the league. Except a four of five-game winning streak, the Habs have been putrid all season long and the hire of St-Louis didn't change much.

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, Math said:

I'd say the worst team is Montréal. Despite their awful record, the Coyotes managed from time to time to be a serious nail in some of the top teams' shoes and they had for some time in March the best offense in the league. Except a four of five-game winning streak, the Habs have been putrid all season long and the hire of St-Louis didn't change much.

Sorry. My mistake. One of the worst teams. Interesting fact, we lost yesterday to Arizona in regulation and the last game against Montreal we were able to win with a minimal score 2:0. That game was hard for us too. Thus, we must to play against every NHL team very seriously. No exceptions at all.

3 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Agree. Our best chance we lost yesterday. One of the next 2 games we must to win or to get 2 points out 2 games against 1st teams of Central and Pacific Divisions. It is a tough task right before the playoffs season.

Still I am glad with our team's record. We are among 5 NHL teams able to place more than 300 goals this regular season. That never happened in our Wild history and probably North Stars history too.