Thank God that's over

mojo1917

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Get over yourself then.

So what, the kid is going to Minnesota.

It is a good NCAA hockey program.

The fascination with Minnesota used to be a joke, but now you're using it as a (legit?) critique of a decision a 16 year old boy made.

Give yourself a break.

goodness.

Dai-NeZWsAUWh06.jpg.50d2ad4b2ed4597389407572f7946ef4.jpg

• Haha 1

@flyercanuck

I read some of your posts and think you're letting ridiculous notions...a boy you never met, picking a college in Minnesota, get in the way of your ability to enjoy things you once liked. (following/projecting hockey prospects).

There is no reason to cite Cooley's choice of Minnesota for college as source of angst about his development or a reason to be dubious of the pick. Which btw hasn't even happened.

None.

That's the point of my post. 

If you look for reasons to be miserable, you'll find them. It's like fighting.

Try getting up off of yourself, not everything is terrible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

@flyercanuck

I read some of your posts and think you're letting ridiculous notions...a boy you never met, picking a college in Minnesota, get in the way of your ability to enjoy things you once liked. (following/projecting hockey prospects).

There is no reason to cite Cooley's choice of Minnesota for college as source of angst about his development or a reason to be dubious of the pick. Which btw hasn't even happened.

None.

That's the point of my post. 

If you look for reasons to be miserable, you'll find them. It's like fighting.

Try getting up off of yourself, not everything is terrible.

mojo -I already mentioned "at least Cooley is rated up near the top". Sorry, but I'm sick and tired (in case you hadn't noticed) with what these clowns have done, and are still doing, to the Flyers. At least there is getting to be fewer and fewer of the "let's just wait and see where this goes" group here. If everyone just continued to go to the games, watch them on TV and buy what they're selling, nothing will change. Am I on the driving end of the Flyer Management Lynch Mob? Ya, I am. I'm NOT ok with what they've done, and as this is a discussion board, I'm free to discuss that, no? I know I'm being negative...I just can't mine positivity from a management team that is good at about 12% of their duties.

I didn't make up the Minnesota thing, it was shoved down my throat. 

And no, not everything is terrible. Just the Flyers. And this is a Flyers discussion board. You keep polishing those turds. I won't tell you not to. But please, don't tell me not to knock the worst builders this team ever had. Cause I won't until they're gone. Put me on ignore if it bothers you that much mojo...no hard feelings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Good Post 1

32 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

At least there is getting to be fewer and fewer of the "let's just wait and see where this goes" group here.

*Drinks poisoned orange koolaid* Hold on let's not judge this poison until we see what happens.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

At least Cooley is rated up near the top.

He's not a Penguin fan i hope i would hate for him to Adam Fox the Flyers....that is the last thing we need is Ron stealing the 4th overall pick from us...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

i would hate for him to Adam Fox the Flyers

Between the Rags and the Pens it's probably an easy call. Even easier is "Anywhere But Philly," which has probably sunk into a lot of kids by now. And I can't really blame them if it has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Between the Rags and the Pens it's probably an easy call. Even easier is "Anywhere But Philly," which has probably sunk into a lot of kids by now. And I can't really blame them if it has.

That is why I wouldn't be drafting any kids going to college right now go for a kid overseas or in juniors.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

He's not a Penguin fan i hope i would hate for him to Adam Fox the Flyers....that is the last thing we need is Ron stealing the 4th overall pick from us...

That' s why you bring them to development and rookie camps.

Set the hook with the Voorhees,  the WFC and tease the opportunity of real NHL playing time.

Get the youngsters to see themselves in the uniforms. 

I know a successful guy who says a lot of wise things. He says "if you want to get someone to like you, ask them for help". Get these guys seeing themselves as part of the solution. 

Then, continue to be in contact whole time they're in college.

Current bumblefuxks in the FO may have done this successfully a time or two, with York, Attard, Brink and Cates. The team was terrible and those guys all wound up still signing ELCs.

I'm not as worried.

Plus, the right high talent guy will want to Matthew Stafford this situation. 

He was drafted by a terrible Lions team was was like, Imma fixin' this.

And he (sorta) did for a while.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

mojo -I already mentioned "at least Cooley is rated up near the top". Sorry, but I'm sick and tired (in case you hadn't noticed) with what these clowns have done, and are still doing, to the Flyers. At least there is getting to be fewer and fewer of the "let's just wait and see where this goes" group here. If everyone just continued to go to the games, watch them on TV and buy what they're selling, nothing will change. Am I on the driving end of the Flyer Management Lynch Mob? Ya, I am. I'm NOT ok with what they've done, and as this is a discussion board, I'm free to discuss that, no? I know I'm being negative...I just can't mine positivity from a management team that is good at about 12% of their duties.

I didn't make up the Minnesota thing, it was shoved down my throat. 

And no, not everything is terrible. Just the Flyers. And this is a Flyers discussion board. You keep polishing those turds. I won't tell you not to. But please, don't tell me not to knock the worst builders this team ever had. Cause I won't until they're gone. Put me on ignore if it bothers you that much mojo...no hard feelings. 

I feel your pain. Colour me disgusted as well. I would think Savoie will be in the mix as well. 

• Like 2