The truth about Ryan Suter

MNSOTA

If you haven't listened to the interview with former Predators teammate, Jason Arnott, I highly suggest you do. Seems the "Suter is a cancer in the locker room" people were 100% right.

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/ryan-suter-was-a-bad-teammate-before-minnesota-wild-nashville-predators-jason-arnott/

43 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

If you haven't listened to the interview with former Predators teammate, Jason Arnott, I highly suggest you do. Seems the "Suter is a cancer in the locker room" people were 100% right.

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/ryan-suter-was-a-bad-teammate-before-minnesota-wild-nashville-predators-jason-arnott/

Ya, ol' Fletch picks some real winners to build around.

• Like 1

This interview also makes me laugh, when I think of all those years Preds dans would boo whenever he’d touch the puck. We did them a favor and they didn’t realize it. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

6 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

This interview also makes me laugh, when I think of all those years Preds dans would boo whenever he’d touch the puck. We did them a favor and they didn’t realize it. 

After a couple seasons I thought the same thing...They should be cheering him and taunting us at the same time.

I'm just glad he's no longer here.  I don't miss him or Parise for a bit.  With Trotz being out with the Islanders, and Lamiorello saying he felt the team needed to hear a new voice.  Anyone think Zach may be back up to his old tricks and undermining another coach?  

On 5/15/2022 at 7:37 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

I'm just glad he's no longer here.  I don't miss him or Parise for a bit.  With Trotz being out with the Islanders, and Lamiorello saying he felt the team needed to hear a new voice.  Anyone think Zach may be back up to his old tricks and undermining another coach?  

Hard to say about Parise. Trotz's Islanders were starting to fade before Parise got there. And here he was getting $9.8M/season. So you pretty much knew he had Leipold's ear. Parise and Suter were Leipold's prize tag-team he felt were going to get the Wild a Winter Classic, or, dare I say it, a Stanley Cup? Everybody knew the Wonder Twins had undue influence in the locker room, and it was pretty obvious after a couple of seasons with those two who was running the asylum. And it certainly wasn't Yeo. I wonder how much control even Fletcher had over those two.

But Parise's making $750K now and separated from his BFF. Pretty sure ownership isn't going to listen to a fading "star" making just above league minimum, especially when the other half of the Wonder Twins isn't there to help him tag-team the coach or go around the coach to the owner... 

I finlly was able to watch Bill Guerin's end of the year press conferance and noticed how relieved he was " to finaly be able to do the things that we wanted to do".

Was that an admission that the coaches did not have the final say in how the yeam was run.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

On 5/19/2022 at 1:08 PM, IllaZilla said:

Hard to say about Parise. Trotz's Islanders were starting to fade before Parise got there. And here he was getting $9.8M/season. So you pretty much knew he had Leipold's ear. Parise and Suter were Leipold's prize tag-team he felt were going to get the Wild a Winter Classic, or, dare I say it, a Stanley Cup? Everybody knew the Wonder Twins had undue influence in the locker room, and it was pretty obvious after a couple of seasons with those two who was running the asylum. And it certainly wasn't Yeo. I wonder how much control even Fletcher had over those two.

But Parise's making $750K now and separated from his BFF. Pretty sure ownership isn't going to listen to a fading "star" making just above league minimum, especially when the other half of the Wonder Twins isn't there to help him tag-team the coach or go around the coach to the owner... 

However its also pretty strange to say he's a fantastic coach but we just needed a new voice when he got your team to the Eastern Conference finals multiple times when they probably had no reason to be there given the talent on the team, especially after the Tavares departure.  

On 5/22/2022 at 10:32 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

However its also pretty strange to say he's a fantastic coach but we just needed a new voice when he got your team to the Eastern Conference finals multiple times when they probably had no reason to be there given the talent on the team, especially after the Tavares departure.  

Maybe there is something there. Lamoriello always loved Parise. Maybe Trotz started rubbing Lamoriello the wrong way. Who knows. I just have a hard time believing a league minimum fourth line has-been holds as much sway with ownership on the Island as he did when he was the multi-million dollar first line "star" here...but that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, IllaZilla said:

Maybe there is something there. Lamoriello always loved Parise. Maybe Trotz started rubbing Lamoriello the wrong way. Who knows. I just have a hard time believing a league minimum fourth line has-been holds as much sway with ownership on the Island as he did when he was the multi-million dollar first line "star" here...but that's just me.

I think that is a very valid point.  Maybe Parise was Lamiorello's Ian Cole or Nick Bonino, to be people that reported back to the GM?  Maybe it was other things.  We'll probably never know.  

So how much of a future do we think Zach has, a season or two left?  Or is this it?  

3 hours ago, Math said:

Without analyzing all the parameters and metrics, it's never a good sign when you have all these red bars going left.

Maybe if Castillo had talked to a few Wild fans here, he would have known that, yes, Suter is "that" bad...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I think that is a very valid point.  Maybe Parise was Lamiorello's Ian Cole or Nick Bonino, to be people that reported back to the GM?  Maybe it was other things.  We'll probably never know.  

So how much of a future do we think Zach has, a season or two left?  Or is this it?  

He played 82 games for the first time since his last season in New Jersey. And got 35 points. Seven on the power play. So he's not worthless. I can see Lamoriello giving him another one year deal. Especially if it is like the last one (base $750K salary and then $250K bonus each for 10, 15, and 20 games played.) And I think Zach will play as long as he wants to. He doesn't need the money since the Wild will be paying him until he's pushing up daisies (or close to it), so as long as a team has a spot for him, I think he'll keep on playing. In my opinion he's got too big an ego to look in the mirror and say "I'm embarrassing myself out there. I need to hang 'em up."

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Maybe if Castillo had talked to a few Wild fans here, he would have known that, yes, Suter is "that" bad...

And that proves that the Stars' FO dramatically failed in doing their job. Suter's contact was awful from the moment it was signed and is probably the worst deal in Nill's era. The only good point is that it's not buyout-proof and that should be the Stars' top priority: buy him out.

55 minutes ago, Math said:

Not only does he suck, he's forcing Heiskanen to play on his wrong side. For the next three years. 

Heiskanen has the talent to become one of the top young d-men in the league. He has so much more potential than just the 30 something points he averages each season. Don't know if he is in the realm of a Cale Makar, Victor Hedman, Roman Josi, Adam Fox or John Carlson, but I can see him getting into the 60 point range easily with the talent he has. 

3 hours ago, Captain Lando said:

Heiskanen has the talent to become one of the top young d-men in the league. He has so much more potential than just the 30 something points he averages each season. Don't know if he is in the realm of a Cale Makar, Victor Hedman, Roman Josi, Adam Fox or John Carlson, but I can see him getting into the 60 point range easily with the talent he has

That's why he can benefit from the coach change with a guy that could unleash him and use him at his full potential. He caught mono and it obviously played a role but you see that's he's not comfortable on the right side, his body language didn't hide the fact that he seemed constantly pissed during the whole season. In the World Champs, he played back on the left side and all of a sudden he had a great tournament. It's still crazy that it's a guy like Suter that dictates the position of a franchise player. With the money freed from the Bishop trade to Buffalo, the priority #1 is to buy out Suter. Many problems would be solved and others prevented before they became too serious.

• Like 1