*** 2021-22 Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at New York Rangers (M2) - (TBL WIN 4-2) ***

TBL vs NYR  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Lightning continue as Prince of Wales Champions? Or do the Rangers snatch that title en route to bigger things?

• Lightning in 4. Bolts show the Ranges how a two time champion handles business. In crushing fashion.
    • Lightning in 5. Rangers show a bit of attitude and drive, but the defending Champs are still way too much.
    • Lightning in 6. Rangers give it all, but the Lightning's talent, experience, and drive for success can't be overcome.
    • Lightning in 7. Blueshirts push the defending Cup champions to their limit, but fall short of greatness...just barely.
    • Rangers in 4. New Eastern standard. And they now reside in New York City
    • Rangers in 5. NY has learned their playoff lessons well and have an answer for just about everything the Bolts throw at them.
    • Rangers in 6. Great series that sees lots of championship caliber play from both sides, but it is now the Rangers' time.
    • Rangers in 7. The Bolts thought they had their path carved to the Finals, but NY shows they have the last say on who upstages who, and finally slay the electric dragon.

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, FD19372 said:

Wow...Lindgren scores from a weird, sharp angle. High, blocker side on Vas. I'm gonna take a stab and say he didn't see it right away.

Yeah and moments later the Rangers Miller gets called for hooking so its a Power Play for the Lightning. 

Just now, FD19372 said:

Wow...Lindgren scores from a weird, sharp angle. High, blocker side on Vas. I'm gonna take a stab and say he didn't see it right away.

Precisely why you always hear, "Just put it on net!"
Who knows...you  may end up with some weird, one in a 100 shot like that.

Methinks Gerard Gallant had his scouts dig REAL deep into the Vasy scouting reports. High blocker was a big issues for Vasy when he first burst onto the scene.....and apparently, when properly executed, still is.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:25 PM, mojo1917 said:

I know the Rangers swept the season series. 

I still don't believe in them.

I can't help but think were it not for the Jacob Trouba elbow, We'd be talking about the wild game 7 between the Pens and 'Canes.

I picked Bolts in 6

Igor is too good for them to not be in every game. So the Blueshirts will win a couple.

I just think Tampa has the championship recipe; they are playing better now than they were in the regular season.

I think they have that extra gear that the Rangers don't....yet.

To be honest, in the Pens Rangers series. Games 5,6 and 7, the Pens offense quit after taking leads. The defense looked confused at times. If not for that fact, the Rangers would have and should have lost that series.

10 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

To be honest, in the Pens Rangers series. Games 5,6 and 7, the Pens offense quit after taking leads. The defense looked confused at times. If not for that fact, the Rangers would have and should have lost that series.

Plus, you DIDN'T have MAF in net and might have saved the series for ya. :bigteeth: 

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Plus, you DIDN'T have MAF in net and might have saved the series for ya. :bigteeth: 

They can ask about that to one another, since they're all busy golfing. 😆

One thing the Bolts aren't doing this game that they were in Games 3 and 4....they aren't brushing Shesterkin as much.
Would like to see them do that more.

Yea, its a tricky tightrope to walk if you are TB, but it really made him uncomfortable that last two games seemed like to me.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Got his pumpernickel finally...

I heard he's diagnosed officially with "hurt feelings". He asked for the marble rye from Panarin.

Game is de-evolving back into what G1 and G2 were.

Poor execution by the Lightning, throwing pucks around "hoping" someone is there to receive it, and allowing the Rangers easy access through the neutral zone.

I liked the Bolts better when they were a-hole pests on Shester the last two games!

Ice hockey (and soccer) need a stat called ‘Dangerous Chance’.  That NYR whiff at the briefly exposed net is a bit like doinking the puck off of a post.  Dangerous but no SOG.

(Baseball has an Official Scorer making an ultimately subjective judgment on whether a play is a hit or an error.  Have an NHL League Official subjectively tally the DC stat.)

Edited by SaucyJack