Game 3: Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning: 10/18/22 @ 7 PM, ESPN

Howie58

Greetings:

This is the first of back-to-back games against tough Florida opponents.

We are underdogs (+165).  We've beaten this team only once out of the past 11; we are 3-13 at Amalie in recent years:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-tampa-bay-odds-october-18-2022-1701466

TB has gotten off to a slow start (1-2).  We may be in the crosshairs of an angry team.  

12 hours ago, Howie58 said:

TB has gotten off to a slow start (1-2).  We may be in the crosshairs of an angry team.  

And with Florida losing a close game tonight.  They worked hard to get it to 4-3, but couldn't finish the comeback.

Will finally be a true test for the Flyers.  The Nashville game included.

6 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Will finally be a true test for the Flyers.  The Nashville game included.

Yes, as Vigneault used to say, they will have to wear their big boy pants.  On paper, these teams are far more talented than the O and B. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

And Zack back in and Olle out.

Which makes zero damn sense to me to try and goon it up.

WTF are we doing here?

idk, Go after Tcachuk maybe? 

One would expect a couple losses here. We shall see what happens. 

• Like 1

Just now, GrittyForever said:

idk, Go after Tcachuk maybe? 

One would expect a couple losses here. We shall see what happens. 

They wont be going after any high profile players anytime soon (IMO). Torts said as much when talking about JG. He basically said now is not the time for a player like that. I see him focusing on pieces of the current roster that are working within his scheme, while tolerating those that don't (until he can get rid of them). I see more young kids being brought in before you see some high profile player. It's not like they can afford one anyway

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

They wont be going after any high profile players anytime soon (IMO). Torts said as much when talking about JG.

No I think Gritty meant go after as in beat his ass not as a free agent or something.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

First period seemed balanced, each team had their moments....but now in the 2nd, a Stamkos rocket makes it 1-0.

BTW, I missed much of that first period, who took the bout between Maroon and Deslauriers?

Dear TFG,

That was an uneventful draw!

• Thanks 1

Say what you want about Torts, Flyer fans, but this bunch you guys have are a LOT more feisty playing the Lightning than I remember last.

Early season hope, player pride, Torts' influence, or a combination of all three...whatever it is, the Bolts are finding themselves in a game here.

After 82 games, Philadelphia may still find themselves at the bottom of the Metro or some such, but I gotta say, I really don't recall seeing this much fight from the Flyers against the Lightning in quite some time.
If it IS the Torts influence, then so far, so good then. Bodes well for the next couple seasons, maybe even before Torts wears out his welcome. ;)  

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

There is nothing to be ashamed of.  We are working.  But there's not too much sustained offense.  Talent aside, the O and B haven't worked together that much, and it shows.  The Cates Brothers are good additions, and they play hard.  On the other hand, Hayes and JVR look invisible.  

• Like 1

Well damned, lookee that.
An EFFICIENT Flyer PP....

Stamkos did NOT look happy coming out of the box, he knows damned well he cost his team a goal taking that penalty, I will look for him to pick up his 3rd goal and the hat trick to make up for it.

Flyer defense...heads on swivels, boys. :)