Minnesota Wild vs. Toronto Maple Leafs 11/25/22 @ 1PM at the "X" Official GDT

CreaseAndAssist

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

I agree toughest test against a pretty nice offensive team. Not sure if we will be able to win this game. I would predict 3:4, probably in OT.

Well played 👍
* and I think it's the first actual correct prediction of the season so far.

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

I agree toughest test against a pretty nice offensive team. Not sure if we will be able to win this game. I would predict 3:4, probably in OT.

Sadly, we lost in regulation. Missed at least 1 point and lots of opportunities to score more. Fleury should play better this game too.

4 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Sadly, we lost in regulation. Missed at least 1 point and lots of opportunities to score more. Fleury should play better this game too.

A bit of rust I suppose. Hopefully gets back to the way he was playing right before injury.

• Good Post 1

Look what Murray did during the game on dislodging the net and the refs were completely blind. Definitely, we had a chance to win this game.

That video I found at Russo twit:

Two of the three should have been delay of game. There was OBVIOUS pushed with the arms. Goalies and slide into the post with their shoulders or push off with their skate/leg, not push the goal off by extending their arms. NHL refs, best in the world...

• Uggh... 1
  • Annoyed 1

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

1st offense in the game 2 min Penalty. Repeat, Kicked out of the game. That would stop this real quick.

Totally on board with that. A 2-mn delay of game for the first infraction, 10 mins + game misconduct for the second offense. Same with the sudden lose of helmet when the goalie is on the hot seat.

Last night Hellebuyck was slightly bumped by Benn, he suddenly "lost" his helmet and played dead for a full minute. The game was going on, Robertson scored the game-tying goal on an empty net with Hellebuyck lying dead in his crease. The Jets yelled, Bowness challenged the call (no problem with that, he had to take a shot) but the goal was confirmed. In fact it was Morrissey who pulled Benn on Hellboy. During the review Rittich was dressing up to replace him but then, o miracle, Hellebuyck was totally fine to resume the game.

Receiving 95-mph shots while being slashed and napalmed, no problem. A little tap on the helmet and it's straight forward to the ICU. Enough with cheaters, this is not soccer.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

13 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

1st offense in the game 2 min Penalty. Repeat, Kicked out of the game. That would stop this real quick.

(shrugs)  I don't think you can go that far.  However, a 2-minute delay of game penalty should be the first step for intentionally knocking the net off its moorings.  If it happens again then it's a 5-minute major.  I would also make it challenge-able by the coach.  So if a goaltender knocks the net off its moorings unabated by the opposing team (just like Murray did multiple times) then the penalties kick in. 

If it is the helmet coming off constantly, then they should be removed from the game (for safety reasons and replaced with the other goaltender) until the issue is resolved.  I think that will get rid a lot of the fakers.  I felt the same way about those that flop and try to fake an injury to get a timeout or hope to draw a penalty.  If the trainer has to come out to the ice to attend to you, then you should be out of the game for the next 10 minutes for a medical evaluation.  That way the league can say its doing its due diligence but it should also reduce the impulse to fake since you'll have to be taken out of the game for the next 10 minutes anyways.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

(shrugs)  I don't think you can go that far.  However, a 2-minute delay of game penalty should be the first step for intentionally knocking the net off its moorings.  If it happens again then it's a 5-minute major.  I would also make it challenge-able by the coach.  So if a goaltender knocks the net off its moorings unabated by the opposing team (just like Murray did multiple times) then the penalties kick in. 

If it is the helmet coming off constantly, then they should be removed from the game (for safety reasons and replaced with the other goaltender) until the issue is resolved.  I think that will get rid a lot of the fakers.  I felt the same way about those that flop and try to fake an injury to get a timeout or hope to draw a penalty.  If the trainer has to come out to the ice to attend to you, then you should be out of the game for the next 10 minutes for a medical evaluation.  That way the league can say its doing its due diligence but it should also reduce the impulse to fake since you'll have to be taken out of the game for the next 10 minutes anyways.    

I was just looking for some sort of deterrent. Agree with the challenge but I've never liked the penalty involved if it doesn't go your way. Seems a bit harsh and a double whammy compared to other sports.
I know they don't want to extend the game time with challenges left and right either.

Murray will probably behave for a while but next close game I'll bet he pulls it again. Then it'll take the ref's to notice and then call it and they already have a lot to watch in those situations.

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

I was just looking for some sort of deterrent. Agree with the challenge but I've never liked the penalty involved if it doesn't go your way. Seems a bit harsh and a double whammy compared to other sports.
I know they don't want to extend the game time with challenges left and right either.

Murray will probably behave for a while but next close game I'll bet he pulls it again. Then it'll take the ref's to notice and then call it and they already have a lot to watch in those situations.

i like the penalty for a failed challenge because it eliminated the challenging just for challenge sake that it used to be.