Game 24: Tampa Bay Lightning at Philadelphia Flyers: 12/1/22 @ 7:00 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

10 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

Cappertek predicts a 4-3 TB win.  Our goals against is virtually identical; they're PP and faceoffs are better:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/tbl-vs-phi/2022/12/01/2022020367

We beat them 3-2 on October 18th.  It has to be a defensive struggle for us to win.  

Well if my eyes don't deceive me they are sitting at the 7th overall pick and can get even closer if they play like we have seen.

Continue onward can't just let the Ducks steal Bedard. Looks like Black Hawks are wanting to replace Kane too.

That is the competition they need to concentrate on. Keep stinking up the joint...

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well if my eyes don't deceive me they are sitting at the 7th overall pick and can get even closer if they play like we have seen.

Continue onward can't just let the Ducks steal Bedard. Looks like Black Hawks are wanting to replace Kane too.

That is the competition they need to concentrate on. Keep stinking up the joint...

Occ:  If it isn't Bedard, I worry.  My faith in this crew's draft selections is really limited.  Even worse, you hope CF doesn't trade them away.  

26 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

If it isn't Bedard, I worry.

I guess Adam Fantilli (6-3 192) would be a good 2nd over all selection the Flyers really need centers bad.

Leo Carlsson (6-3 185) another center is suppose to be 3rd.

With this i can't comment on any of them because i have slacked on my scouting lately maybe someone else who is better at it can shed some light on this subject.

Best player available is always the best option.

50 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I guess Adam Fantilli (6-3 192) would be a good 2nd over all selection the Flyers really need centers bad.

Leo Carlsson (6-3 185) another center is suppose to be 3rd.

With this i can't comment on any of them because i have slacked on my scouting lately maybe someone else who is better at it can shed some light on this subject.

Best player available is always the best option.

The best player after Bedard is probably Michkov. Of course with whats going on over there right now his availability is a big fat ?

But after that win, time to start a new 10 game streak. I can smell Fletchers termination from here! Please

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The best player after Bedard is probably Michkov. Of course with whats going on over there right now his availability is a big fat ?

But after that win, time to start a new 10 game streak. I can smell Fletchers termination from here! Please

Yes that name sounds familiar but man the Flyers have not had any luck with Russians...

...maybe trade back then??

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes that name sounds familiar but man the Flyers have not had any luck with Russians...

...maybe trade back then??

Right now I would take Fantilli 2nd overall. I may anyway (agree on Phillys luck with Russians...then again their luck with 2nd overalls is even worse) since theres no way Putin would let him go. I think those 3 are the top 3 in the draft, but that can change by June.

• Good Post 1

Bolts doing a lot of dump n chase.
Flyers are handling that pretty well so far.

I'd like to see the Lightning carry in a bit more and pressure the Flyer defense.

Meanwhile, Philadelphia, when they get the chance are trying a rush attack and doing alright through the neutral zone, but TB defenders are fizzling them out once they reach the offensive zone.

Pretty much a 'feel out' or 'chess match' style opening to this contest.

59 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

since theres no way Putin would let him go.

Totally wasn't think about that...

...but yes of all the luck if the Flyers draft him a stray mortar round will travel 1,000 of miles off course and kill him walking to check his mail....nope go with anyone else...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hart wasn't gonna rob Nick Paul there on the TB PP.

1-0 Bad Guys (since we are on a Flyers thread) :bigteeth: 

Where is Norris Canidate Phil Myers i thought yall would ice him for intimidation factors...

lol

:Eagles:

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Where is Norris Canidate Phil Myers i thought yall would ice him for intimidation factors...

lol

:Eagles:

It's his turn today to make the popcorn. :bigteeth: 
He is on a rotation on the defense with Cal Foote, Haydn Fleury, and Nick Perbix.

Next game, one of those guys draws out, Myers draws in.

6 minutes ago, Math said:

Nick Paul is hell for a move for the Lightning. Such an underrated player.

I certainly like the move TB trading for Nick Paul, however, he is essentially replacing Ondrej Palat, who left via free agency to NJ.
Palat was a big time playoff performer for the Bolts.

On paper, Nick Paul's skillset looks better, but I want to see if he can perform consistently like Palat did when it matters most.

And on that Nick Paul goal, Steven Stamkos records his 1000th career point with an assist.
Congrats Stammer.

Very happy for him, but, let's not forget there is a Flyer home team that isn't happy about celebrations like that on their ice.
Still a game to play through!

John Tortorella can NOT be happy with this Flyers defense right now.
Bolts have ACRES of real estate to skate through and make plays.

The only reason this game isn't 5-0 or 6-0 right now is Carter Hart!

Kim Dillabaugh is doing a FANTASTIC job with Hart keeping him cool under pressure! :shifty: