^^ 2023 NHL Trade Deadline ^^

TropicalFruitGirl26

359359207_tradedeadline.jpg.3c28db741ce9f5ebd187b90d425f465a.jpg

Figured it was time to start one of these. A member recently brought up the idea of a league wide deadline open thread, and I agree.
Despite lots of teams still with a shot at getting into the postseason, a good number of names are floating about for trade.

Some big names, like Kane, Toews, Meier....some lesser names like Motte, Borgen, and Puljujariv.....probably some dark horse players out there not many are thinking about, but may provide a nice impact for the team acquiring them. 
Luke Schenn comes to mind there.

Any rumors, stories, or ideas posters may have for teams throughout the league at the trade deadline can go here!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Kane has 2 teams he said he would be willing to be traded to. Leafs or Rangers 

I thought the door was closed for Kane going to the Rangers since they got their scoring winger, Tarasenko, from the Blues.
Unless the Rangers  are thinking of doing something crazy, giving up all manner of assets and young roster players to fit Kane in there too that is....

4 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Kane has 2 teams he said he would be willing to be traded to. Leafs or Rangers 

Honestly, you know where I think he'd fit in... Los Angeles.
Kempe, Fiala, Arvidsson, Kopitar, Vilardi, Kane...that would be one heck of a top six.

Of course, Kane may not want to go there because, well, LA in hockey simply isn't as glamourous as NY or Tor...

Josh Anderson's name has come up a few times linked to the Leaves® (yea, yea, I know...EVERY player is linked to Toronto at every trading deadline), and honestly, I hope they land him.
Why?

Because it is looking like TB and Toronto are heading into a first round matchup, and Josh Anderson, as good as he can be sniping and hitting when he is going well, will ALSO disappear for stretches at a time, while his playoff production numbers aren't exactly sparkling.

So yea, Toronto, go get him.....perhaps he can assist you on yet another first round exit. :bigteeth: 

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I thought the door was closed for Kane going to the Rangers since they got their scoring winger, Tarasenko, from the Blues.
Unless the Rangers  are thinking of doing something crazy, giving up all manner of assets and young roster players to fit Kane in there too that is....

I thought that too but this was what he said earlier today 

So far, some big names moved.

Horvat switches North American coasts and ends up on the Island.
Tarasenko has a new home in Manhattan making the Rangers "favorites".
But wait, now the Leaves® get O'Reilly and Acciari making THEM "favorites" (snicker).

Now all we need are something out of Kane, Toews, Meier, E. Karlsson, Chychrun, Boeser, Demko, and maybe some rumored movement out of Seattle as well.

Here's one I wouldn't mind as a Wild fan (not sure if Flyer fans would like it, though I think it has some merit for their team as well):

To Minnesota:
--- Travis Konecny, 5'10 180, LW/RW, 25 yr old, 5.5M cap hit for the next two seasons after this one.
--- One of the 3rd rounders Philly has (they have two)

To Philadelphia:
--- Jordan Greenway, 6'6 225, RW, 25 yr old, 3M cap hit for the next two seasons after this one.
--- Minnesota's 2nd rounder (Philly currently doesn't have one)

Teams swap a pair of in their prime players, with differing styles, and who could probably use a change of scenery to a team that could better utilize them.
Greenway has sorta fallen out of any top six roles, in truth, he could be a solid bottom sixer with some scoring and physicality under Tortorella, while Konecny could easily slot into the Wild's top six and be energized playing for a contender.

Philly gets the upgraded pick and a bit of salary relief and neither team would be on the hook for very long on these contracts.

NOTE:
This was NOT written anywhere. 
Just amateur armchair GM'ing here, me thinking aloud what I wouldn't mind seeing, with an eye on realism and not some lopsided EA Sports trade.

11 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

To Minnesota:
--- Travis Konecny, 5'10 180, LW/RW, 25 yr old, 5.5M cap hit for the next two seasons after this one.
--- One of the 3rd rounders Philly has (they have two)

To Philadelphia:
--- Jordan Greenway, 6'6 225, RW, 25 yr old, 3M cap hit for the next two seasons after this one.
--- Minnesota's 2nd rounder (Philly currently doesn't have one)

Uh no.

Sure that looks like a Chuck Fletcher trade but no way you get the Flyers best forward and a 3rd rounder for a 26 year old RW (which the Flyers are currently stacked with) for just a 2nd back. Put the PS5 controller down.

Flyers will more likley acquire a 2nd in the draft by walking away from signing Jay O'Brien if they really want a 2nd.

Nope it is going to cost you a lot more than that. Especially TK being signed to a sweet deal for 3 more years at only 5.5 mill is a steal.

They do that and Chuck gets hung from the Walt Whitman.

If you want TK well let's start with Liam Ohgren (which again they don't really need because Flyers are set on the wings they need Centers) and a 2nd  and go from there.

And well only Centers you guys have who could even attach the Flyers are Marco Rossi and he is on the small side for Center in the NHL and not sure you guys want to even part with him.

So if Chuck trades him it will be for a center and more likely happen in the offseason or too another team.

If they move TK at the deadline it will be to the highest bidder so going to have to do better....

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Uh no.

Sure that looks like a Chuck Fletcher trade but no way you get the Flyers best forward and a 3rd rounder for a 26 year old RW (which the Flyers are currently stacked with) for just a 2nd back. Put the PS5 controller down.

Flyers will more likley acquire a 2nd in the draft by walking away from signing Jay O'Brien if they really want a 2nd.

Nope it is going to cost you a lot more than that. Especially TK being signed to a sweet deal for 3 more years at only 5.5 mill is a steal.

They do that and Chuck gets hung from the Walt Whitman.

If you want TK well let's start with Liam Ohgren (which again they don't really need because Flyers are set on the wings they need Centers) and a 2nd  and go from there.

And well only Centers you guys have who could even attach the Flyers are Marco Rossi and he is on the small side for Center in the NHL and not sure you guys want to even part with him.

So if Chuck trades him it will be for a center and more likely happen in the offseason or too another team.

If they move TK at the deadline it will be to the highest bidder so going to have to do better....

Calm down there, OR.
I still haven't decided yet whether I am going to get both Fletcher and Guerin on Zoom with me to help mediate this. :bigteeth:

As I stated, that was me thinking aloud, and quite honestly, taking into account that Fletcher isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either.
He did, after all, like Greenway enough to draft him when he was GM in Minnesota.

You are most likely correct in assuming Fletcher should get a lot more than that for Konecny, but again, I tell you, and you know this...Fletcher is as sharp as a bowling ball...and we have BOTH seen ridiculous deals being made by GM's who think they still have a contender.

Because I like you, and I want to make sure you are ok, I won't call either GM. Ok?  :ph34r: 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

14 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Because I like you, and I want to make sure you are ok, I won't call either GM. Ok?

You better not or we're done as friends and you go on the Buffalo Rick list.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#bourbonup
  • Haha 2

I tried to understand the multiteam O'Reilly trade between MIN, STL, TOR and OTT and it was like reading an egyptian papyrus from the Ramses II era.

The only thing I retained is O'Reilly has a $1.875 cap-hit in Toronto, which doesn't seem bad.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Math said:

I tried to understand the multiteam O'Reilly trade between MIN, STL, TOR and OTT and it was like reading an egyptian papyrus from the Ramses II era.

The only thing I retained is O'Reilly has a $1.875 cap-hit in Toronto, which doesn't seem bad.

Just know the Leaves® owe Bill Guerin a big, big favor. :bigteeth:

Lightning are said to be looking at St. Louis' Ivan Barbashev.
His name doesn't particularly stand out amongst some others that may be available for trade, but he is a tough physical forward with underrated offensive skills.
Might be all the Lightning need to make another run.

They never did adequately replace the departed Barclay Goodrow or Ondrej Palat (Nick Paul was supposed to be that, but he is his own brand of player), so perhaps Barbashev addresses that?
As long as the Bolts don't mess too much with the forward units' chemistry, that may work.

Ottawa Senators & Chicago Blackhawks Complete Trade - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

Nikita Zaitsev, a 2023 2nd round pick, and a 2026 4th round pick traded from the Senators to the Blackhawks in a case of 'rearranging the deck furniture'
And the player coming back to the Sens?
Why, it's the oft traded, but rarely properly identified, Mr. Future Considerations himself! :shifty: 

LOL !

image.png.12991b7283cbd333ed1c09f2d259d810.png

(Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!)

Edited by Math