McDavid, Oilers, blowout hapless Pens

Buffalo Rick

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

They need a surgeon to get their heads out of their arse.

I don't know... They're an old team, and their key players are old as well. I don't like their depth: any roster with 10+ minutes per night for Josh Archibald needs their bottom-six to be improved.

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

I don't know... They're an old team, and their key players are old as well. I don't like their depth: any roster with 10+ minutes per night for Josh Archibald needs their bottom-six to be improved.

I believe that is the reason why the Pens are tanking. I'm guessing they are trying to get some better pick if possible. If this true I am hoping they make the correct decision on these picks.

5 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I believe that is the reason why the Pens are tanking. I'm guessing they are trying to get some better pick if possible. If this true I am hoping they make the correct decision on these picks.

I read somewhere earlier today (can't remember where) that the Pens were in talks with the Yotes for Jacob Chychrun.
If true, that doesn't sound like the move of a team looking to 'tank'.

I still say the Pens are really trying to get one more Cup out of Crosby-Malkin-Letang.

11 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I read somewhere earlier today (can't remember where) that the Pens were in talks with the Yotes for Jacob Chychrun.
If true, that doesn't sound like the move of a team looking to 'tank'.

I still say the Pens are really trying to get one more Cup out of Crosby-Malkin-Letang.

If they weren't tanking they would be playing a whole lot better than what they are!

48 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Wait, you haven't been kidding about the Pens tanking? I thought were joking around this whole time. Teams don't tank to improve their depth; they do it to improve the high end talent in the organization.

Edited by JR Ewing

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

Wait, you haven't been kidding about the Pens tanking? I thought were joking around this whole time. Teams don't tank to improve their depth; they do it to improve the high end talent in the organization.

Ahhh...JR finally had his coffee. :bigteeth: 

9 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

At first I was joking. The Pens for the most part quit on this season. If you watch or listen to their games you would see this.

9 hours ago, notfondajane said:

If they weren't tanking they would be playing a whole lot better than what they are!

Tanking is intentionally losing.

This isn't intentional so much as it is they are old, suck and can't hack it like they used to. It's clear half the team tunes out the coach as well because I see 2 separate styles being played lol

7 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Tanking is intentionally losing.

This isn't intentional so much as it is they are old, suck and can't hack it like they used to. It's clear half the team tunes out the coach as well because I see 2 separate styles being played lol

Problem is that they traded Matheson and Marino. Which imo was a mistake. I didn't like the return for these 2. 

I also noticed there is very little communication between the players. I don't know if that is Sullivan fault. 

I'm starting to understand why the Flyers let Hextall go.

16 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I was thinking about getting replacement for  their "core players". I'm not sure if Hextall is thinking that way.

34 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Problem is that they traded Matheson and Marino. Which imo was a mistake. I didn't like the return for these 2. 

I also noticed there is very little communication between the players. I don't know if that is Sullivan fault. 

I'm starting to understand why the Flyers let Hextall go.

Hextall didn't do a damn thing to improve our roster, besides say "be patient with our young players", and we've been in patience and rebuild mode ever since. Then, he does things to upset the players like take their snack machines away. He did next to nothing, as far as trades go. I THINK he drafted decently (don't know, at this point), but most of those players haven't progressed much..outside of Carter Hart. I think Hextall's poor history of GMing, seems to repeating itself quickly, in Pittsburgh.

Edited by FD19372

11 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Hextall didn't do a damn thing to improve our roster, besides say "be patient with our young players"

He did spend the first two years digging out from under the Pronger, Lecavalier and assorted other cap problems.

Sucks that the second best FA that year was then JVR...

But a lot of what he was trying to do was set a floor foundation to build on and, having set that, he got fired and they immediately plunged back into the cap hell that they have been known for...

He had his blunders and didn't do anything that makes you go "wow" but when you look at Seattle and St. Louis it might not have been the coaches that were the problem...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Hextall didn't do a damn thing to improve our roster, besides say "be patient with our young players", and we've been in patience and rebuild mode ever since. Then, he does things to upset the players like take their snack machines away. He did next to nothing, as far as trades go. I THINK he drafted decently (don't know, at this point), but most of those players haven't progressed much..outside of Carter Hart. I think Hextall's poor history of GMing, seems to repeating itself quickly, in Pittsburgh.

Hextall put Kapenan on waivers (St. Louis pick him up just before Pens game.) It seemed to put a fire under their arse (at least in the first period against the Blues.) I think Petry should be traded! The return would probably be small. Hopefully something to help in the future