Game 66: Philadelphia Flyers at Pittsburgh Penguins; 3/11/23 @ 3:30 PM, ESPN+, ABC

Howie58

46 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Definitely selling low on 6.

Was the extension a **** you to Tortorella?

Torts wanted to evaluate which players were going to be part of the program going forward.

Unless there was some sort of spoken commitment to Sanheim about the extension. The timing of the signing didn't make any sense for what the coach and also the GM stated publicly about the direction of the team.

I think this bad season may be an outlier for Sanheim. With that contract that has to be the hope.

I know lots of people hate him and his game, but historically the team plays in the offensive zone when he's been on the ice. 

At least that what the analytics say.

I think the players that "might" be kept deserve a reboot. Guys like Sanheim and Farabee etc who looked like they figured it was hopeless (which it was) under Chucks inept-o-rama could get back to their game now that there may be some hope.

• Like 1

I'm pretty much in lockstep with you on most things Flyers, but Sanheim is what he is.  Even if he played like his best season every season he might not be worth that contract.  Plus, the Flyers aren't going to be good for 5 years minimum, so why would you want to keep an early 30s Sanheim who has likely lost a step?

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

I'm pretty much in lockstep with you on most things Flyers, but Sanheim is what he is.  Even if he played like his best season every season he might not be worth that contract.  Plus, the Flyers aren't going to be good for 5 years minimum, so why would you want to keep an early 30s Sanheim who has likely lost a step?

Ya, I wasn't referring to his contract...just his play. If he can get that back up, not only is he easier to move, he has more value. 

I'd hate to just give him away because, yet again, Fletcher was an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

I don't know, 6.2 for a #3/4 isn't crippling in a vacuum.

Other worse contracts would need to be eliminated.

The death of the regional sports network may mean the salary cap remains stagnant for the foreseeable future. 

The next person will need to manage the cap much better than it has been for the last 5 years.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, I wasn't referring to his contract...just his play. If he can get that back up, not only is he easier to move, he has more value. 

I'd hate to just give him away because, yet again, Fletcher was an idiot.

Gotcha.  The last 10 years the Flyers have generally sold too late rather than sold too soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

Can you even move Sanheim at this point?

I have to think yes.

However you would be moving him with his stock down for sure.

Let me walk this back some.

I want whatever is best for the team.

But if the GM wants to give him another year i am good with it too.

If they think they can get him back to where he was playing pretty solid was before that playoff run...however it wasn't lights out but if you move Sanheim he would be a reclamation project just like he basically would be for the Flyers.

But he needs to be playing better by the deadline or next summer the or yes i am aggressively trying to move him.

The hardest part form me is i haven't been impressed by him very often i guess is what is so disappointing. But just like with Giroux and Jake i can learn to move on. 

Unless a wild card in all this is Emil Andrea the quicker he can be ready i have him in the top 4 by next season i hope.

So Andrea is taking Ivan or Travis's spot in the lineup. 

York Attard

Andrea Risto

Ginning Zamula

I am interested in really seeing Andrea run around on the ice with Risto protecting him i hope i am having Thunder Dome Dreams of them two.

Anyone know who knows knows.

Emil Andrea on a breakout with Risto.

master blaster Meme Generator - Imgflip

I would roll with that i ain't going to lie. But by 24-25 a blueline of this maybe.

Any ways just got up having my morning coffee. Night shift this month.

Just have to say i am happy Chuck is gone....it felt like being waterboarded.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, radoran said:

Hart for Austin Matthews.

Starting point.

Discuss.

:hocky:

I this a joke?? 

But yes i would do this.

I'd rather move him out West but i can live with him with the Leafs.

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Definitely selling low on 6.

I agree read my comments above i just posted.

I really really hope Andrea can be the Wild card.

His development is crucial and i hope by the following season will be ready to slot into the top 4 replacing someone.

Main focus is adding skill so Sanheim might be best in a package with another player even just for starters.

And we could keep Sanheim and he rebounds and starts hopefully showing some reason to believe in him again.

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Other worse contracts would need to be eliminated.

I would just love this for next season.

No more JVR. 

Move Hayes for anything and pick up 50% of his contract to move him i mean for even a 7th round pick. No really

No Braun.

Trade TDA for a 3rd or 4th or really whatever just to move out his space and cap hit.

I will take that by Danny B. Could he turn TK into something?

86 Joel Farabee - 48 Morgan Frost - 74 Owen Tippett
73 Elliot Desnoyers 14 Sean Couturier - 52 Tyson Foerster
49 Noah Cates - 21 Scott Laughton - 17 Wade Allison
44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 58 Tanner Laczynski - 23 Bobby Brink

9 Ivan Provorov - 45 Cam York
6 Travis Sanheim - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
26 Yegor Zamula - 3 Ronnie Attard

79 Carter Hart
32 Felix Sandström

1 hour ago, radoran said:

I don't think it's entirely unreasonable, given all the circumstances...

Well I love Carter Hart but I am sorry I would move him for Matthews and go with Ersson and Sandsrom in goal.

And I am sure I will get back lash for that.

Fine.

23 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@radoran

I don't think that's a one for one deal though.

I would, if I'm the Flyers, add a roster player,one that I think is pretty good too.

I think at the least a high draft pick would be required by the Leaves.

As I said, starting point...

• Like 2

On 3/11/2023 at 10:24 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Myself I would try to include Sanheim in that.

I'd be picking up the phone and calling the Vancouver Canucks to see if they want anyone of the 3 first and go from their make me an offer...

...really make me an offer for anyone on the team.

Jim Rutherford loves to trade his own draft picks! Maybe your NEXT GM could snatch a few. Maybe?