Game 67: Vegas Golden Knights at Philadelphia Flyers; 3/14/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The O&B are the underdog (+147) with a predicted VGK victor of 3-2.  Vegas is 7-3 in their last 10; we're 2-8.

https://www.cappertek.com/article.asp?a=golden-knights-vs-flyers-betting-odds-free-picks-and-predictions-3-14-2023-304792

Statistically, they are a much better faceoff team that can put the puck in the net:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/vgk-vs-phi/2023/03/14/2022021066

We lost 2-1 in overtime last December 9th.  Meanwhile, it's hard to win averaging 2 goals a game and potting only 15% of your PP attempts. 

Vegas should beat the Flyers tonight they've been on a roll since the AS break. It won't move the needle much in the standings but every loss helps.

This year can't end soon enough...it kind of takes away the fun of watching them when I'm hoping the Flyers lose.

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Hayes still sucks

Ristolainen is useless 5 on 5, worse than useless on the PP

If Torts can do Philly one more solid - making this obvious to management of this mistake on both of these guys - and then taking extreme measures to move on from both, then they should hire Danny full time if he can do it!!!!

• Like 1

I hear ya. Those 2 are such drags on the Flyers’ future. Signing them was a crime against common sense.

Sometimes I wonder which was the worst Fletcher move. Hayes? Ristolainen? The Gostisbehere and DeAngelo debacle? Fletcher is gone but the damage he did lives on…

Anything short of a buyout I’m all in just get rid of them both whatever it takes. 

• Like 1

Just now, GratefulFlyers said:

I hear ya. Those 2 are such drags on the Flyers’ future. Signing them was a crime against common sense.

Sometimes I wonder which was the worst Fletcher move. Hayes? Ristolainen? The Gostisbehere and DeAngelo debacle? Fletcher is gone but the damage he did lives on…

Anything short of a buyout I’m all in just get rid of them both whatever it takes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I didn't have a chance to watch--friends visiting kept me away.  But it looks like the bookies were only one goal off.  Was Sandstrom the problem or was it our usual substandard mess?

You have one team headed to the playoffs and another moving higher in the draft lottery.

It's not a mystery :hocky:

• Like 2

I feel badly for Torts in this sense.  He is trying to build a better culture.  But you wonder if wholesale change of personnel in coming months will negate his effort and make next year even worse.  Meanwhile, we improve the our draft position but see no progress in this team since AS Break.  This could get psychologically burdensome, particularly for the goalies. 

32 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I feel badly for Torts in this sense. 

I don't he is the hatchet man doing what we expected him to do hold them accountable and call out the bums. 

3y5RWZY.jpg

Great job leading the charge towards a top 3 draft pick!!!!!!!!! I hope they can get there!!!!!

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

But you wonder if wholesale change of personnel in coming months will negate his effort and make next year even worse.

If they can move Hayes and/or Ristolainen I’ll call that a successful off-season. And of course not re-signing JVR. Addition by subtraction seems to me the best way to go this summer. 

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't he is the hatchet man doing what we expected him to do hold them accountable and call out the bums. 

Great job leading the charge towards a top 3 draft pick!!!!!!!!! I hope they can get there!!!!!

Increasing their draft lottery odds!!

• Good Post 1

34 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

If they can move Hayes and/or Ristolainen I’ll call that a successful off-season. And of course not re-signing JVR. Addition by subtraction seems to me the best way to go this summer. 

If Danny moves Hayes and Risto they will have to build a statue of him next to Doug Pederson and Big Dick Nick in Philly...

13 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Was Sandstrom the problem or was it our usual substandard mess?

Howie, 

it was the latter.

Sandstrom has had one bad outing, last night's game could have easily been 7 or 8-3 if not for Felix.

Sandstrom is not the problem. He's pretty good, there are just 2 guys better than him who are the same age.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Howie, 

it was the latter.

Sandstrom has had one bad outing, last night's game could have easily been 7 or 8-3 if not for Felix.

Sandstrom is not the problem. He's pretty good, there are just 2 guys better than him who are the same age.

It is a good problem to have Sandstrom is under contract for next season so no matter what the net should be in good hands.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

If Danny moves Hayes and Risto they will have to build a statue of him next to Doug Pederson and Big Dick Nick in Philly...

I don’t really expect he’ll be able to trade either one just wishful thinking. Supposedly there was some noise about Hayes before the TD, of course retaining half the guy’s salary (which really sucks for the Flyers ). Anyway good luck with that Danny Boy we’re all rooting for ya!

Ristolainen is just more dead weight. There won’t be any interest in him unless Fletcher gets hired somewhere.

• Like 1